How to Merge Music on Windows/Mac/iPhone/Android: 8 Best Solutions
Too many times, we wish to merge music tracks into a single file that we can use on all kinds of projects. From making a video commercial to editing a feature film, there could be all kinds of reasons for merging soundtracks or audio effects. Therefore, to make your job easier, I’m going to provide not one, but 8 different solutions to combine music on every possible platform like Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
Part 1: How to Merge Music on your Windows PC or Mac: 6 Dedicated Solutions
To start with, let’s have a look at some of the smartest desktop and online solutions that you can use to merge music on your Windows or Mac system.
Solution 1: Audacity: Free Cross-platform Audio Editing Tool
Audacity is one of the best solutions to edit audio files for free on multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, or Linux. The desktop application can be used to split or combine music, change the tempo of your audio files, and apply all kinds of effects (like denoising or fading in/out).
The application comes with an inbuilt tool to split or merge soundtracks that you can use in the following way:
- Firstly, you can launch Audacity on your system and simply open the audio files on its dashboard (via its File > Import features by dragging and dropping them).
- As both the audio files would be opened in different timelines, you can select the “Time Shift” icon from the toolbar or can simply press the F4 key.
- As the cursor would change to the Time Shift tool, you can first go to the start of the second track on the timeline.
- Now, all you need to do is drag the second track and place it at the end of the first track. Afterward, you can just remove any part of the track or use any other feature of Audacity before exporting it as a single MP3 file.
- Freely available
- Offers other audio editing features as well
- Can be a bit difficult to master
Solution 2: Use the Desktop Music Merger Tool by Video Converter Factory
Video Converter Factory has also come up with a desktop tool that can help you convert media files from one format to another. Though, the application can also help you merge MP4 or MP3 files of different formats. The tool is quite easy to use and also lets us perform other edits (like audio normalization or compression) on our files.
While the Desktop Music Merger tool offers free features, some advanced options are restricted to its premium version. Though, you can easily use the application to combine music in the following way:
- Simply launch the Desktop Music Merger tool and enter its “Converter” section. Now, click on the “Add Files” button to browse and load the audio files you want to merge.
- Once the files are added to the timeline, you can adjust their positions and even trim them as per your requirements.
- Lastly, click on the “Merge” button from the top panel to combine them as a single file. You can now export the merged audio into a preferred format (like MP3, AAC, or WAV).
- Fast and easy to use
- Other audio editing features are also included
- Only runs on Windows
- Some features are restricted for premium users
Solution 3: Merge Audio Files with Foobar’s Free Music Merger
Foobar 2000 has also come up with a free solution to merge music files on Windows. Unlike the above-listed application, the Foobar Free Music merger can only be used to combine audio tracks. Therefore, if you also wish to edit or trim your files first, then this might not be an ideal solution for you.
- To combine musicfiles, you can first head to the website of Foobar 2000 and install the music merger tool on your PC.
- Afterward, you can drag and drop your audio files to the interface of Foobar 2000 or can go to its File > Import to add files manually.
- Once the files are added, you can change their sequence in which you wish to merge them on Foobar 2000.
- In the end, you can right-click and choose to export the merged file in a preferred format on your system.
- Easy to use
- Supports batch processing
- Limited features
- No preview available
Solution 4: Use WinRAR to Join MP3 Files for Free
While WinRAR is mostly used to merge and extract our data, it can also help you combine music files on your Windows PC. Since WinRAR only works for Windows, you would have to look for an alternative to meet your requirements on a Mac. Though, to make the most of its native features to merge music, you can follow these steps:
- You can start by opening Windows Explorer and selecting the files you wish to merge (in a specific order).
- Now, right-click the files and choose to add them to an archive from the content menu.
- As the WinRAR application is launched, you can change the file format from RAR to MP3 and pick “Store” as a compression method.
- Furthermore, click on the “Browse” button to save the merged MP3 file at a preferred location on your system.
- Freely available
- No editing or previewing options
- Only works on MP3 file formats
Solution 5: Use the Free Online Audio Merger Tool on any Platform
There are a couple of online applications that you can use to merge music files easily. One of these free tools that I have tried is Online Audio Joiner by 123Apps. Since it is a web-based solution, you can use it on any platform or browser of your choice to combine music files of different formats by following these basic steps:
- You can start by visiting the official website of Online Audio Joiner and clicking on the “Add Tracks” button. This will let you browse and load the audio files on the online tool.
- Afterward, you can just get a preview of the loaded audio tracks and can remove/add files of your choice. You can also reposition the tracks and set up starting and ending positions for them.
- Lastly, you can select a target format from the bottom (lime MP3, WAV, or AAC) and click on the “Join” button to export the merged file.
- Online tool that can be used on any platform
- Freely available
- Limited output formats
- No other audio editing options provided
Solution 6: Wondershare DemoCreator: The Best Video and Audio Editor
If you are looking for a multi-purpose tool to record your screen or edit your video/audio files, then you can take the assistance of Wondershare DemoCreator. It is a highly resourceful application that comes with numerous features to merge, trim, and edit your audio or video files.
The desktop application is super-easy to use and is available for both Windows and Mac, letting you merge and edit your files on the go. There are also tons of transitions, filters, sound effects, and other advanced options that you can use in DemoCreator to meet your requirements. Here’s how you can take the assistance of DemoCreator to merge music or video files in a jiffy.
Step 1: Launch DemoCreator and Import your Media Files
Whenever you want to merge music files, you can just install and launch Wondershare DemoCreator on your system. Now, from the welcome screen of DemoCreator, you can just click on the “Edit Video” button to launch its video editor.
You first need to import the media files of your choice from your system to DemoCreator. To do that, you can simply drag and drop your audio files to DemoCreator or can just go to its File > Import Media Files to directly load your audio/video files.
Step 2: Merge and Edit your Media Files on DemoCreator
Using DemoCreator, you can merge MP4 files (apart from audio tracks) by simply dropping them to the timeline at the bottom. You can place them accordingly on the timeline as per the sequence in which you want to merge them. Besides that, you can also right-click the thumbnail of the added media file and add it to the timeline.
Apart from that, there are tons of other options in DemoCreator that you can use. For instance, you can place the playhead at the bottom and move it in any direction to trim the media files that you have added.
Please note that you can also start recording audio in DemoCreator without using any third-party tool. To do that, you just have to click on the voiceover button above the timeline.
Besides importing audio files from your system, you can also explore a wide range of sound effects that are available in DemoCreator. Just go to the Sound Effects tab from the sidebar and drag and drop it to the timeline to add it to your project.
Furthermore, there are all kinds of audio editing options in DemoCreator that you can access. Once you have selected an audio track, you can right-click to mute, detach, or edit it. You can go to the sidebar to denoise the audio track, adjust its volume, alter its speed, and do so much more.
Step 3: Export your Media Files from DemoCreator
That’s it! Once you have merged your audio or video files, you can preview them on the native interface of DemoCreator. Now, you can just click on the “Export” button and choose to save your media file in a preferred format (like MP3) on the local storage of your computer.
- Extremely fast and easy to use
- Comes with tons of audio/video editing options
- Only free trial version available
Part 2: How to Merge Music Files on an iOS Device?
There are plenty of audio editing apps that you can use on an iOS device to merge music files or edit them. I took the assistance of the Hokusai Audio Editor app, but you can try any other free or paid application of your choice.
- To combine music on your iPhone, you can just launch the Hokusai Audio Editor app, and click on the “+” icon from the top.
- From here, you can choose to import media files from your iOS device’s storage. You can now drag and drop them in the sequence of your choice and can also trim any segment.
- After making all the edits, go to the Wrench option from the top panel and simply save the merged file on your device’s storage.
- Easy to use
- Its basic version is free
- Advanced features are restricted for its premium version
Part 3: How to Merge Audio Files on Android Phones for Free?
In case you have an Android device, then you can use any free or premium application to merge music on it. If you search on the Google Play Store, then you can find numerous apps to meet your requirements – one of them is the MP3 Cutter and Merger app, which is available for free. The app can help you combine music files of multiple formats or split them, however you like.
- Once you have installed the MP3 Cutter and Merger app on your Android phone, just launch it, and select the “MP3 Merger” feature from its home.
- Now, you can tap on the “Track 1” and “Track 2” options to simply load any audio files from your device storage.
- After loading both the media files, you can enter the output name, and tap on the “Start” button. Once both the media files are merged, you can simply save the MP3 document on your device.
- Easy to use
- Freely available
- Can only merge up to 2 audio tracks
This brings us to the end of this extensive guide on how to merge music files on any platform of your choice. As you can see, I have come up with 8 different options to combine music files on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Though, if you are looking for the best solution to merge MP4/MP3 files, then you can just try DemoCreator. Developed by Wondershare, it is a highly advanced application that can help you edit your audio and video files with tons of inbuilt options.