- 1. Record your computer screen and webcam simultaneously.
- 2. Allow you to customize screen capture and frame rate .
- 3. Powerful editing tools and effects to enrich your video clips.
How to Put Your Face on a Video - Free Online Facecam Recorder
If you’re good at something, then one of its best uses is to share it with others. You might have a technical skill or maybe you’re good at playing video games.
Do you know you can publish your gameplay on YouTube and make money out of it? You can also publish your tutorial or how-to videos on YouTube to build your audience and make money online.
When creating gameplay or tutorial videos, you should put your face on them. It makes a great way to attract more people. Wondering how you can do that? Don’t despair!
In this guide, we’ll show you how you can use Wondershare DemoCreator to put your face on a video with little effort.
Part1. Why You Should Add a Facecam to Your Gameplay or Video Tutorial
Adding facecam to your gameplay or video tutorial lets you share your experience with others more effectively. The benefits are many and some of them are mentioned below.
A powerful way to demonstrate what you’re good at
When you’re good at a particular skill, you can share it with others through tutorials or how-to videos. We tend to show more excitement when speaking about something we enjoy and the audience feels more engaged as well.
When you add facecam to your gameplay or video tutorial, your audience will be able to see your expressions and how confident you’re.
Attract more audience
Gameplay or video tutorials with the creator’s face on the video seem more legitimate and people tend to click on such videos. Online streamers or how-to video makers put their face in the gameplay or videos, now audiences also prefer such videos as it gives the feel of human interaction.
If you want to attract more audience and gain more views on your channel, then you should add a facecam to your gameplay or tutorial videos.
Make the video more engaging for your viewers
Adding facecam to your gameplay or tutorial videos is useful because viewers get to witness your facial expressions and they feel more engaged. If you keep them bound to the screen till the end of your video, it gives you a chance to get your message across more effectively and build a loyal audience base.
Part2. How to Add a Facecam to Your Gameplay or Video Tutorial
If you want to add a facecam to your gameplay or video tutorial, then you need a facecam recorder or screen recorder that can also record facecam.
Wondershare DemoCreator is one such facecam recorder or screen recorder that makes it easy to record to your screen and overlay your face on your gameplay or tutorial video.
Follow the below steps to add webcam recording to your gameplay or video tutorial.
Steps to add webcam recording to your video tutorial
Step 1: Download and Install the Wondershare DemoCreator
- First off, download Wondershare DemoCreator on your computer and install it.
- It’s simple to install. All you need is to run the downloaded file and follow the default steps.
- Once installed, run the application from your desktop.
Step 2: Set up your facecam and enable it
- When you open DemoCreator, you see the interface as shown below.
- To begin the recording, click the New Recording button.
- In the next step, you’ll need to select the area you want to capture in the recording.
Note: You need to enable “Webcam” to ensure that your face is also being recorded via the facecam of your device.
Step 3: Run your game and start Recording
- To record your gameplay, you’ll need to select the area you want to capture and then press the red circle button to start recording.
Step 4: During recording, you can describe your experience
When you’re capturing the gameplay with Webcam enabled, DemoCreator’s AI Facial Recognition will come into play. It will embed your facecam video by automatically detecting your face and melt it into the screen. You can describe your experience while playing the game.
Import your media files
Now that you’ve created the video, you’d want to give it a final touch. You can edit your video using DemoCreator’s Editor. To do so, you need to import your video into the editor. To do this, take the following bulleted steps below:
- You need to click the File button at the top bar and then select Import Media Files.
- When you do the above step, the Media Library Panel will open where you’ll find the Import option. Click the Import option and then select Import Media Files. You’ll be asked to choose the media files you want to open.
- From the browse window, select the file and click on the Add File button.
- In the next step, right-click the blank area in the Media Library and select Import Media Files to import your files to the editor.
Add Facial recognition and Mask effect to focus
Its Facial Recognition tool can automatically identify the face and melt it into the video to make the video more lively.
To use add Facial Recognition to your video, follow the below steps:
- Click the Effects option from the side panel.
- From the Effects menu, select the Facial Recognition option and drag & drop it on your timeline or video preview.
You can use the Mask effect to make your webcam video invisible when you don’t want your viewers to see you in the video.
To add Mask effect to your video, follow the below steps:
- Find the Mask effect in the Effects toolbar.
- Click the Mask icon and apply it to your video.
Apply facecam recording Mosaic effects if needed
If for some reason you want to hide your face, you can apply the Mosaic effect to your webcam recording.
You can apply the Mosaic effect to your facecam recording by following the below steps:
- Click on the Effects option from the side panel.
- From the Effects menu, select the Mosaic effect and apply it to your video.
Add voiceover if you need
DemoCreator allows you to add voiceover to your video. Adding voiceover is particularly helpful for dubbing video files. To add voiceover to your video, drag and drop the file to your timeline and then start voice recording. You can follow the below steps to properly add voiceover to your video files.
Step 1: After downloading and installing the Wondershare DemoCreator, launch it on your device. To add high-quality voiceover to the video, make sure you use an external recording device and connect it properly to avoid any interruptions.
Step 2: You need to stage the video file on your timeline by right-clicking on a media file and selecting Add to Timeline. You can also drag and drop the file to your timeline and later start voice recording to use as voiceover.
Note: DemoCreator records voiceovers in both audio and video formats. Make sure to choose your preferred format.
Step 3: You can choose to record your voice with your Computer or Microphone. By default, the voice is recorded with both but you should choose one of them. To change the settings, go to the Audio Setup option and choose the preferred input method. If you want to use the microphone, select the 'Don't Capture' option near the Computer Audio icon.
Wondershare DemoCreator is an innovative facecam recorder or screen recorder that meets a range of your needs if you’re a Let’s Play or how-to video creator. Its in-built editor comes with a range of functions to make your video more engaging and interesting.
This software comes with a wide range of features. Anyone from a teacher to a business person can use it to record exciting videos. If you do not make Let’s Play or how-to videos, you can still use it to edit your other videos.
In this article, we have covered everything to let you understand the importance of adding facecam to your gameplay or tutorial videos and how to do it in DemoCreator.
If you find it useful, come back for more useful content.