What Could Be Snagit alternative?
Snagit is a simple and very useful screen capture tool that you can use to capture the screen in various ways. It is easy to use, allowing users to record both audio and video easily and it can also capture screenshots that you can annotate using the simple editing tools found in Snagit.
But this tool can also be expensive as compared to other similar tools and the editing suite is fairly limited. The following are the top Snagit alternatives to choose from if Snagit just doesn’t work for you.
Part 1 Top Snagit Alternatives To Choose From
Greenshot is an open-source tool that you can use to easily capture the screen. It will capture the screen shot or recording of a section of the screen, a single window or the entire screen. It is also one of the best ways to capture scrolling web pages on your browser.
- Fully compatible with all versions of Windows
- You can annotate and highlight sections of the screenshot
- Allows users to choose a region or capture the full screen
CloudApp is another very simple way to record your screen. It can capture both video and audio very easily as well as screenshots that you can convert into GIFs. It is also cloud-based making it easy to share the videos and screenshots and it can be accessed on desktop, online and as an iOS app.
- Record the full screen or a custom selection
- Annotate the screenshot in numerous ways including adding text
- Accessible on desktop and online
ShareX is an open-source screen capture tool that has numerous features, some of which you can only find on paid programs. The fact that it is an open-source tool means that you will never have to pay to use ShareX, it will always be free for you. With it, you can capture both screenshots and videos and choose if you would like to capture the full screen or just a section of the screen.
But ShareX can be a little bit hard to use. The program itself acknowledges that, and they say that they are geared towards developers and power users. As an average user, you will find ShareX a little complicated to use and the learning curve will be steep. But once you can figure it out, this program can help you create some of the best screen capture videos.
- You can choose to record full screen, window, monitor, a selected region of the screen, freehand or scrolling
- Hotkeys make it easy to navigate the recording process
- You can share the recorded videos to numerous websites directly
- It allows users to import videos, music and photos
- You can also use it to add effects like custom watermarks and color effects
PicPick is a great tool that not only allows you to capture the screen, but also comes with a built-in editor, allowing you to edit your image in numerous ways. It also has additional editing tools that include a color picker, pixel ruler, protractor, color picker and more.
- You can take a screenshot of the entire screen or just a section of the screen
- Numerous ways to annotate the screenshot including adding text, arrows, shapes and many more
- A floating capture bar widget makes it easy to take the screenshots
FireShot is another small, but very useful screen capture tool that can be the ideal Snagit alternative. It is very easy to use and very fast, allowing you to take a screenshot of the entire screen or a customized area of the screen.
- It is available for all versions of Windows
- It is an ideal way to capture screenshots quickly
- You can capture the whole screen or a section of the screen
- It allows you to make changes to the screenshot and even annotate it in various ways
With TinyTake, you can easily capture images and video of the screen and use the in-built editor to add comments and share them with other quickly and easily. This app was developed by MangoApps to be a lightweight screen recorder that is actually free to download and use.
The best thing about TinyTake is the in-built cloud service that can make it very easy to share the recorded videos online. You can also choose to download the screenshots and videos to your computer.
- The TinyTake cloud makes it easy to share files in bulk
- You get a public URL for the video to make sharing easy
- It comes with a built-in file viewer for images and videos
- You can create custom shortcut keys to make recording easy
7. Windows Snipping Tool
Windows Snipping tool is a free feature in Windows OS that allow you to take screenshots very easily. Like most of the other tools on this list, you can choose to capture the whole screen or a customized section of the screen. It also comes with built-in editing tools that can be used to edit and annotate the screenshots in various ways.
- Screen capture with this tool is verry fast and easy
- You can use the built-in-colored pen and highlighter to make changes to the captured image
- The images can be saved in a number of formats including PNG, GIF and JPEG
- The screenshot can easily be copied to make numerous versions of the same image
Screenpresso is a simple but very powerful tool to capture the screen. You can choose to capture a section of the screen, the whole screen or a particular window. The captured images can be saved in a number of formats and it even provided you with a recent capture history that allows you to easily find a screenshot.
- Available for all versions of Windows
- It is a very lightweight tool, yet very fast and powerful
- You can highlight the screenshots in numerous ways
- The images can be converted to other file formats including PDF, MS Word and HTML
SnapDraw is another free tool that can be useful for taking screenshots and transferring them to the cloud. It is a simple tool to use, allowing you to record the screen and share it in just minutes. It also offers numerous ways to annotate the screenshots.
- It can record the whole screen or a part of it
- It is completely free to use and can be customized in numerous ways
- It comes with a built-in cloud storage service to make it easy to share the recordings
- It can capture the screen with audio
- The recordings can be shared to numerous social media sites easily
FastStone Capture is a full-featured, light weight tool that can easily capture the screen on your PC. One of its main features is that it is very easy to use. Once you have captured the screen, you can annotate the video using the tools numerous editing tools.
- You can customize hotkeys that you can use to easily capture the screen
- It will capture the full screen or a section of the screen
- It will even help capture multiple windows and multiple objects
- Annotations including text, drawing objects, highlights, watermarks and more.
Part 2 FAQs
1. What is Snagit?
It is a simple screen capture tool that you can use to capture screenshots and videos on your PC or Mac. It is a simple solution and very easy to use, although it can be limited in functionality. For example, it lacks many of the editing tools you can find in similar software.
2. Is Snagit Safe to Download?
Snagit is a safe and legitimate tool developed by a reputable company. The tool doesn’t have any malware or viruses and it will not attempt to alter the data on your computer in any way.
3. Why Choose a Snagit Alternative?
As useful as Snagit can be, it is also a little bit limited and may not be a good choice if you are looking to edit or annotate your screenshots in many more ways than it provides.
There is no question that Snagit can be a great solution as a screen recorder, but if you are unable to get past its limitations, you may want to consider choosing one of the alternatives above. Each of the solutions, like Snagit has its own advantages and disadvantages. We recommend looking at each tool and selecting the one that is most likely to be of benefit to you and your needs.