The Best Screen Recorders for Windows 8 [Top Picks]
The first thing that comes to mind when you want to record your screen on Windows 8 is software that you can download and install natively on your PC. You can use a desktop recorder without having to open your browser or go to a website if you download it. Depending on your interests, there are various useful apps accessible for download on Windows 8 machines. There's a choice for you whether you want to record video just, video with audio, or even have access to basic editing capabilities. Windows 8 adds a slew of additional customization choices, making it one of the most personalized operating systems ever. When you want to record on-screen activities that you do on your computer, screen recording is a great option. Users usually record their screens to generate instructional movies on how to use software, share tips, and techniques for playing a game and prepare presentations. You may use one of the suggested screen recorders for Windows 8 listed below.
Part 1: Why Should You Capture Your Screen for Windows 8?
If you want to record your screen on a Windows 8 PC, you've come to the right place. We'll go through the best ways to screen record your Windows machine in the sections that follow. So, let's get started. Finding a screen recorder that can capture the audio from your system's speakers and microphone is the best option. Because Windows 10 includes a built-in screen recorder, we all know how simple it is to screen record. However, those of you who are still using an older operating system, such as Windows 8, may find it impossible to capture your screen. Fortunately, there is a lot of screen recording software for Windows 8 that may assist you in getting the job done quickly. Depressing "Alt" + "PrntScr" to screenshot a single active window and "Win" + "PrntScr" to record the whole screen is the default technique of pressing shortcuts. We have the answers if you're looking for a more complex approach to capture a screen on a Windows 8 PC. You should also think about the features of the screen recorder you'll be using. Fortunately, we've done the legwork for you and compiled a list of the best screen recorders for Windows 8.
Part 2: Screen Recorders with editing features
Screen capture programs capture everything that happens on your screen, including the movement of your mouse, so you can provide directions, clarify difficulties, and share expertise. It takes substantially longer to write down explanations of such things than it does to just show someone your screen, but you're generally not standing next to the person or people who need to view your screen. That's where video capture applications come in. There are several alternatives for video capture software that does not include a watermark. Some provide limited-time free trials, while others are always free. Some programs allow you to choose an area to work in, while others do not.
DemoCreator is a simple video recording program that allows you to capture full-screen and bespoke areas. It also enables you to use the built-in camera to create a picture-in-picture effect. Game mode allows you to record great moments and share them with others right away. You may choose to record a range of screens, a single window, or the full computer screen. Its clear and succinct interface makes operations more uncomplicated for folks who aren't accustomed to capturing video and audio on their PC. A built-in media player will display once you've captured what you need, allowing you to preview the recording. You may use the simple trimming tool provided by this program to edit the tape directly to delete any unneeded photos.
DemoCreator Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording software recommendations because it allows you to choose from a variety of screen recording modes with just one click. You can readily find the function and enjoy producing high-quality recordings whether you want to record video, audio, games, webcam, or simply take a photo. It can output videos with a resolution of up to 4096*2160 pixels. DemoCreator enables you to conduct post-production editing after recording, such as removing extraneous clips, adding text notes, and altering angles and music. When it comes to screen recording, DemoCreator is the finest option for Windows 8 users. It can record everything on your screen, including movies, live streaming, gaming, and more, as one of the finest free screen recorders. You may pick the recording region and capture the screen with or without audio while recording.
- It has a simple UI that is simple to use and the screen capture software that is adaptable.
- The program can trim the output video and is completely functional.
- It can swiftly record a tiny portion of your desktop screen, huge panorama scrolls, endlessly scrolling websites, and more.
- The built-in editor enables users to edit and annotate the collected material.
- Ensures that there is no latency while recording in HD as it allows you to record the screen with audio.
- It has some basic editing options, such as a stamp, crop, resize special effects, and more, in addition to screen recording capabilities.
- By highlighting the pointer, you may apply mouse click effects.
- Trim, cut, and split capture screens with this simple video editor.
- Allows you to share your films easily across numerous platforms.
Snagit is most recognized for its unusual approach to screenshots, but it's simply one piece of software in a larger package. It allows you to record your screen (ideal for instructional films) and take a snapshot of any location with just one click. Cropping, resizing, and sketching on photographs, as well as sharing them through social media, are all included in Snagit. Snagit is capable of recording video as well, although its editing features are nearly entirely focused on still photographs. Because Snagit is primarily a screen-capture application, it falls lacking when it comes to video editing features. Continue reading to learn more about Snagit in more depth.
Snagit is a fantastic screen capture program that concentrates on still screenshots. It comes with three modules: All-in-One, Image, and Video. Without stopping your video, All-in-One enables you to capture what's happening on your screen and snap screenshots. Screen recording in HD and UHD format is possible because of its GPU hardware acceleration technology. Real-time painting, recording with picture-in-picture mode, using a green screen to eliminate the backdrop, and much more are among its other capabilities. Image and Video are self-explanatory: they both broaden your screenshot and video capture possibilities.
- Zoom in/zoom out capability
- A section, a window, or the full screen may be captured.
- Recordings with annotations
- Shortcut keys that you create
- GPU acceleration allows for faster rendering and encoding.
- Annotations on videos, backdrop removal, and other features are also available.
- Cloud-based storage for images and videos
- The user interface is a little shabby.
- Although the free version has a lot of features, it only enables you to record for 5 minutes at a time.
3. Atomi Active Presenter
Atomi system's Active Presenter is a watermark-free HD screen recorder. This free program not only has a simple user interface, but it also has a plethora of video editing capabilities including cropping, splitting, alluring, and much more. With the software's easy and user-friendly interface, you may record webinars, video calls or conferences, gameplays, and more. It's a wonderful basic screen recorder for anybody wishing to produce high-resolution long-time screencasts, even though it lacks several capabilities (in its free version) that its rivals supply. Basic editing features like cutting, dividing, and adding notes are included in this program. More capabilities are available in the application, but they need a software upgrade.
ActivePresenter is a screen recorder, video editor, and eLearning program all in one. With a camera, audio, and sound system, you may record video from your computer screen. It's useful for making screencast films, handouts, and training slides. It also has no time restriction for recording and lets you record full-motion movies, add annotations, screencast videos, and record high-quality films up to 1080p. It may capture your complete computer screen or just a portion of it. The program works on Windows, Mac, and Android, and it can also help you produce HTML 5 e-learning material. Atomi ActivePresenter is a sophisticated program that may record all or a portion of your computer screen in high-definition video. If you're ready to spend money on a reliable Windows 8 screen video capture tool, ActivePresenter is a solid choice.
- There is no time restriction.
- Allows you to record audio in addition to video.
- Webcam and screen recording is also available.
- Allows you to draw (or annotate) on the screen while recording it.
- Allows you to copy screenshots to the clipboard or save them as JPG or PNG files.
- Project History allows you to quickly retrieve previously collected images and videos.
- Beginners may find it challenging to utilize.
- It is unable to capture games at a high frame rate.
- In its free version, there are just a few capabilities and editing possibilities.
- Only a 64-bit PC will run the Windows version successfully.
4. iSpring Free Cam
ISpring Free Cam Screen Recorder is a multi-purpose capturing program that aspires to be a one-stop recording solution for consumers. First and foremost, it can record high-quality movies without watermark, as well as other recording requirements such as audio recording, webcam recording, game recording, and so on. Besides, it offers great extra capabilities such as adding real-time notes, cutting videos, and more. Though it isn't free software, the free edition has nearly no restrictions on the most important functions, so it's well worth a go.
Free Cam is a free screen recorder with an audio/video editor built-in. You may record the whole screen or a piece of it using the appealing and straightforward UI. Even though this program is free, it does not include any watermarks or advertisements. iSpring Free Cam is a full-featured yet lightweight free screen recorder from the same company that makes free conversion software. It has no constraints when it comes to recording Skype chats, making it ideal for Skype interviews and online conference calls. Different Windows apps may also be separated and recorded as individual pieces. A simple user-friendly image editor is included, which is surprisingly useful for achieving a finished appearance.
- There are no watermarks, time limitations, or advertisements.
- Voice-overs and computer noises are recorded.
- High-resolution images
- Users may save files as WMV files or instantly submit them to YouTube.
- Removes undesired video fragments quickly and easily.
- Removes background noise
- A large number of audio effects are available.
- Only saves recordings in WMV format.
- There will be no webcam recording.
Ezvid is all on ease of use. Everything is done inside this easy program, which also has a well-designed UI, including recording, editing, and uploading. It has a lot to offer, including free music, creative tools, and a slideshow generator. Unfortunately, you can only record for 45 minutes, and you can't save the clip to your computer since you have to post it straight to YouTube. Ezvid is a free screen recording program that claims to be the world's tool, which may or may not be the case. The clarity of Ezvid is improved by the product's speed: it was created to save users' time and will enable you to create and publish films straight to YouTube in minutes.
Ezvid Video Maker is a great screen or desktop recording program. You may capture the computer screen and make high-resolution videos with only a few clicks. Ezvid allows you to draw and record specific regions on your screen [same as Icecream Screen Recorder]. You may also give your recordings a title, a description, keywords, and other meta-data. Nonetheless, the addition of text-to-speech software and voice recording provides further benefits. While there are no watermarks on your movies, there is an animation at the start of each project; nevertheless, you don't have to worry about it since it can be simply removed. And it's for this reason that this application is well-known among gamers and movie enthusiasts who want to make YouTube videos as regularly as feasible. Finally, if you're ready to put up with Ezvid's minor flaws, then go ahead and give it a try.
- For narrative purposes, it provides a computer-generated speech.
- High-quality resolution is automatically generated (1280 x 720p HD)
- Put your watermark on it.
- Ability to remove the first animation
- Offers audio recording and voice synthesis tools.
- Allows you to annotate on the screen while recording it.
- Allows you to directly upload recorded videos to YouTube.
- There was also a selection of popular music tunes.
- Extraneous noise has been reported by reviewers.
- Inconsistencies and minor bugs
- There are no options for customizing the screen recording settings.
- The game is not accessible in Fullscreen mode.
Part 3: Screen Recorders Without Editing Features
Some of you may be wondering how you can take a screenshot of everything you see on your computer and store it as an image file for later use now that you know how to record the screen on Windows 8. Windows 8 adds a slew of additional customization choices, making it one of the most personalized operating systems ever. The terms screen recorder, screen recording software, screencasting software, and screen capture software all refer to the same application that enables you to record the output of a computer screen. While screen capture applications vary in price and capabilities, they all have a few elements in common, and screen recording is a wonderful way to record on-screen actions on your computer. You may use one of the suggested screen recorders for Windows 8 listed below.
Bandicam is a video capture program that is specifically built for capturing video games. To use the full version, you must first download and register the application. It allows you to capture your Windows 8 screen while playing an online game. Bandicam is a potential option for online gaming players who wish to record their games. The software's biggest disadvantage is that it does not record audio. In addition, several customers have expressed dissatisfaction with the video quality. It also enables you to record with a camera overlay and add chroma key video in real-time. Furthermore, this desktop program makes it simple to capture noises from your computer and microphone. Users may add lines, text, and other annotation effects to emphasize the relevant stuff they wish to present while recording. The Mac version of Bandicam is not supported, and it does not have the option to record solely sound. With the unregistered version, you can only record 10 minutes of watermarked video.
In the current day, Bandicam is one of the most popular Windows 8 screen recorders. Users may now record numerous games, including Dota 2, League of Legends, and many more. Apart from that, it can record 4K UHD video at up to 480 frames per second while playing your favorite computer games. Furthermore, the program enables you to apply animation to the cursor to emphasize mouse motions. Almost any behavior on your computer screen may be recorded using Bandicam. However, you can only save the video recording in MP4 and AVI codecs using this program. It can capture and export videos without a watermark with a single button press. With its multiple video recording modes, users may pick full-screen, rectangle, or window recording to satisfy their diverse recording needs. Advanced settings such as camera overlay, timing recording, highlighting Pointers, and recording voiceover may all be done before recording.
- The captured movies are saved in AVI or MP4 format.
- For making screencasts, it provides real-time voice recording.
- Allows you to doodle live while recording.
- Allows for the addition of watermarks and the overlaying of a webcam while recording.
- While recording the screen, you may add mouse click effects or animations.
- Using hardware acceleration, bloats are used to improve the recording process (if supported).
- Can’t get rid of its watermark in the free version.
- For the free version, there is a 10-minute recording limit.
- The software is only available for Windows.
Fraps is a renowned screen recorder that works well on Windows 7 and 8. You may record your voice along with the video when you use it. For you to be able to add your audio commentary to your videos. Additionally, this program comes with a snapshot function that allows you to record any scene on the screen. Even though Fraps has a small storage footprint and a low-price tag, it does not support multiple video formats for output. You may want to look for alternatives to the Fraps screen recorder in this scenario. Fraps allow you to record any section of your computer screen and save it as a movie or a screenshot. Webinars, applications, tutorials, games, Skype conversations, live streaming, and more may all be recorded. When you use this Windows software, you may record the main screen, as well as audio and the camera, if necessary.
Fraps is a free screen recording program for Windows, as its name indicates. It covers your fundamental recording requirements, such as choosing the recording area, recording system, and mic sounds, highlighting the cursor, and so on, despite being free to use. It also has basic video editing capabilities, such as cutting films, eliminating sounds, and altering the volume. It has no time restriction for recording and does not apply a watermark to the video you capture. Fraps is a simple screen recorder that may capture a selected region or the whole screen. It allows you to easily record flash games, stream videos, and other types of content. For excellent recording, the program has multiple modes such as game mode, screen recording mode, and device recording mode.
- There are no watermarks
- There is no latency
- Allows you to record audio and webcam as well as the screen.
- Allows commercial usage of captures and recordings, even in the free version.
- The screen is recorded in a lightweight MP4 format that may be changed to WMV, WebM, or OGG.
- 'Quick Access' to prior screenshots and recordings is available.
- Updates are required for free users.
- In the free version, you can't erase watermarks from pictures, videos, or documents.
- There is no option for video editing.
3. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software):
Another popular screen recorder for Windows 8 is Open Broadcaster Software Studio or OBS. Because of the software's emphasis on production quality, YouTubers and Twitch broadcasters often utilize it. OBS offers all of the power, choices, and features that one would expect from premium software, but don't expect it to be simple. Before starting to record their displays, users must first understand how to utilize the application. In addition to high-quality real-time video and audio capture, OBS allows you to add text or graphic overlays, webcam footage, and other media while broadcasting live to your preferred video platform.
The software's strength is in its capacity to create scenes, which are composed of a combination of video and audio streams organized on the screen with graphic components. A podcaster, for example, may have one scene with all of the guests at once and a different scene for each guest. Scenes may be easily shifted between during a broadcast or recording session by employing custom transitions. If you don't plan on utilizing software that needs you to view a lesson or two, OBS may not be the right fit for you. It is, however, still a watermark-free screen capture tool. OBS includes a rudimentary audio mixer to guarantee that different audio sources play well together since it supports numerous sources.
- Recording options that are both flexible and configurable.
- Because it is open-source, it is a free screen recorder with no watermarks or advertisements.
- Open Source as well as editing options galore
- Recording time is not restricted.
- For video recording, there are HD 1080P @60fps outputs.
- MP4, MKV, FLV, MOV, TS, and M3U8 are among the recording formats available for various purposes.
- There are far too many advanced settings for newcomers to learn.
- Except for a user forum, there is no support personnel to help you with any technical concerns.
- On low-end PCs, recording at a high frame rate might be slow and freezing.
- There are no editing options for videos that have been taken.
CamStudio is a completely free piece of software that allows you to record your Windows screen without a watermark or a time restriction. It isn't a large screen recording application that takes up a lot of space, nor does it have a large user interface to prove its presence. When it's turned on, you'll only see a little window on the taskbar that you may hide when recording. CamStudio goes for fences on various recording functions, despite its lack of editing tools: autopen, annotations, picture in picture effect, personalized watermarks, timestamps, and other small but essential settings.
CamStudio is an excellent program for creating your videos. You may record all of your screen activity, as well as sounds from your microphone, or just a select window. Then, using the built-in SWF Producer, you may export a video file in the industry-standard AVI format or convert it to a lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash video (SWF). CamStudio takes images of your desktop and records them to produce HD films. It's one of the greatest premium screen recorders with all of its sophisticated capabilities, yet it doesn't give much to free users. Nonetheless, using its management features, you can capture the entire screen or specific areas, as well as manage your captures. With the software's easy and user-friendly interface, you may record webinars, video calls or conferences, gameplays, and more. It allows you to record full-screen and regionally. You can also record videos with a webcam, IP camera, or other input video devices. Add captions, time stamps, color effects, and more to the video to make it even better.
- Lightweight and simple to use.
- Microsoft Video 1, Intel IYUV codec, and Codecs provide HD outputs using lossless codecs.
- Cursor highlight, timestamps, captions, and other annotation effects are among the many recording tools and effects available.
- There is no professional support staff to help users with their issues.
- It only exports recorded videos in the formats of AVI and MP4 and converts them to SWF.
5. Free Screen Video Recorder
One of the easiest and quickest methods to record your screen on a Windows 8 PC is using Free Screen Video Recorder. There are no downloads or plugins necessary since it is entirely online. You may rapidly record, modify, and share your screen over the web using this online software. If you are a new user, you will need to install a launcher to activate the app. Then, by pressing the red start button, you may rapidly begin recording. You may either record a specified location or capture the whole screen using this utility. You can even annotate the parts of your recording that you want to emphasize or highlight. You may instantly record, edit, and edit movies without a watermark with this online browser tool. It allows you to record your desktop, browser tabs, and camera. After that, the film is stored on Google Drive and posted on YouTube.
Screen recorders are popular among students, educators, professionals, and others because they facilitate communication. You can record and share your story in a video without a watermark using Free Screen Video Recorder, one of the best free screen capture tools. It comes with all of the tools you'll need to improve and share your video. You may use it to make a screencast, add a camera, and personalize the movie with narrations. Free Screen Video Recorder claims that using their screen recorder to share your thoughts has never been simpler. For basic screen recorder purposes like trimming records, this program is simple and free to use. All other significant capabilities, such as annotating recordings and removing watermarks, need a premium software update. This software can be used to create video tutorials and demos for educational purposes.
- It's completely free to use.
- To activate the app, you'll need to install a launcher.
- Screen capture that is adaptable.
- Take a screenshot of a portion of the screen, the whole screen, or an active window.
- Create a sharing link for your videos by uploading them.
- Real-time screencasting is possible.
- There is no watermark on the video that has been captured.
- There are no editing options.
- There are no effective file management solutions available.
- You can’t capture on the secondary monitor
- There is no option to record to the cloud.
Part 4: Conclusion:
All of the programs listed above may assist you in recording a screen and creating a movie without a watermark, but DemoCreator is the best for a variety of reasons. It not only has all of the audio and video editing facilities but there is no time limit for producing a video. You'll also get a high-definition movie in a variety of media formats. Because of the ease of communication that screen recording provides, it has grown highly popular. We've given you a lot of alternatives by examining some of the finest free screen video recorder no watermark apps on the market. While each program has its drawbacks, DemoCreator provides everything you need to create a high-quality movie, from recording to editing. Overall, several tools may assist you in recording the screen on Windows. DemoCreator, on the other hand, is unquestionably the greatest option for regular users. It's full-featured yet light, strong but user-friendly at the same time. This is what you need if you don't have much experience choosing screen recorders.