Wondershare DemoCreator Chroma Key vs OpenShot Green Screen: Which is Easy to Use?
With the rising demand for green screen and chroma keying in the video editing industry, it's worth now to spend some time looking for how to use and implement the chroma key. This post will talk about the green key function among the top-rated video editing platforms like OpenShot and Wondershare DemoCreator. OpenShot chroma key is also a useful feature. Still, here in this article, we'll focus on comparing the two of the marketplace holders in this specific feature so you can find the best out of OpenShot green screen vs DemoCreator green screen features.
There is almost a pile of such platforms, but with the deficiencies like expensiveness and the complicated interfaces, we've shortlisted the OpenShot chroma key and DemoCreator chroma key comparison so you can have a better idea on choosing the one for your easy to use and more effective manner. Let's dive into the topic so you can find out more about what this software holds.
How to Use Wondershare DemoCreator Chroma Key?
With the Wondershare DemoCreator, you can handily do the chroma keying and convert the desired colored screen to a rugged backdrop with your fingertips. Although to proceed with this feature, you need to follow the steps involved in this feature. Following the need to do so, here we have demonstrated to you on this particular feature.
Let's dive into Wondershare DemoCreator Chroma Key steps so you can use it easily and effectively.
Step 1: Download and Install the software
Before we dive into the Wondershare DemoCreator chroma key feature, the first essential step is to download and install this software, which is a piece of cake as we've provided you the link as well:
Step 2: Import your Media Files
The next step involved in doing so is to import your media files with the green screen and the other background-clip you need to use as chroma key. Follow the steps below:
- Hit the Import Files button and select the specified files for both background and the main file from your file explorer.
- Just after hitting the Import button, your selected files will be imported to the Wondershare DemoCreator within no time.
Step 3: Modify the Chroma Key
In this step, we'll demonstrate how to edit the chroma key effect and provide you with the proper guide on how to do so. Head towards the steps below to find out:
- Drag and drop your video files into the timeline of your software.
- Go straight towards the Effect menu and select the Green Screen effect.
- Drag and drop the effect to the desired video clip in the timeline.
- You shall now see the Chroma Key effect of the video, which has the modification settings regarding the specific video clip you want to edit in the chroma key.
- With the specific color tool, you can shift your chroma key to the specified color you want to remove in your clip.
- You can also modify the Offset, which shall adjust the look of the backdrop.
- The Tolerance level enhances the colored sequence of the video clip.
- The Edge Thickness is there to fix the edge of the subject clip.
- The Edge Feather shall soften the edges of the subject.
- The Alpha Channel makes your clip into black and white keying, which is the shortcut to create a specialized black and white effect via chroma keying.
Note: The best part is that you can Enable and Disable this feature right within the handy touch to your specified clip.
Step 4: Positioning of Clips
In this step, you need to include your background clip within the timeline and make it viable within the context of the previous Chroma keying clip right within the timeline to synchronize the effect.
- To do so, drag and drop the background-clip to the timeline of the software.
- Now adjust the clip according to the main clip, so the backdrop appears and covers the project file's chroma key effect.
Step 5: Export the Project
After you're done with the editing and altering, now is the time to export your project file by hitting the Export button situated at the top right corner of the screen as follow:
How to Use the OpenShot Green Screen?
The competition in this unique feature of the Green screen is OpenShot video editor, an open-source video editing platform with customized features of this green screen effect specialty. This section will demonstrate the OpenShot green screen effect with the complete guide of using it to make it best out of your video clips.
Step 1: Open the Software
To start using the green screen effect with this open-source software toolkit, you need to install and open the software right from your Desktop icon.
Step 2: Import your video files
In the next step, you need to import your files to the timeline of this video editor. Right after the import gets done, you can see your files within the interface of this software.
Step 3: Green Screen Effect
In this step, we'll show you how to implement the green screen effect by using the OpenShot video editor. Follow the steps below:
- At first, you need to go towards the Effects section of the menu bar.
- Now hit straight towards the Chroma Screen from the list of effects features.
- This shall open the Green screen window.
- In the final task, all you need to do is select the Color variation of the screen effect, which is usually the Green by default and hit the ok button.
Step 4: Export the project.
In the final step, exporting the project file is the primary outcome of your masterpiece. It can be done quickly by going to the Export button and customizing the settings to your desire settings.
Pros and Cons of DemoCreator and OpenShot Chroma Key Effects
Next, let's check out the pros and cons of Wondershare DemoCreator and OpenShot green screen effects.
Wondershare DemoCreator has a user-friendly and featureful effect interface to deal with the Chroma Key feature.
OpenShot has a bit complex interface that for a beginner to this platform can face difficulty while dealing with the green screen feature
You can also include the backdrop to your video clips after the chroma key feature is applies
You can just include the green screen effect to your video clip while for the backdrop you need to customize another file as well.
Its chroma key feature has various features along with the Offset, Tolerance and much more you can add and customize to the video clips.
Its green screen feature has limited features that are basic and involve limited customization.
You can also add the Alpha Channel feature to your chroma keying video clip which is a useful feature for an eye-catchy video editing format
It just has the Variance and color key feature which can be added to the green screen video clip with this software.
The export just after the Chroma key feature has been made handy and simplistic as a single button Export is possible right after the effect got included.
This software also has quick access to the Export settings but it takes more time to render the video project to the destination.
After stating the best and top-rated software tools regarding the chroma key's unique feature, we suggest the DemoCreator video editor. Gets in order as it offers way more than the chroma key with the powerful customization and featureful settings to be included in your chroma keying clips.
Another reason for recommending the Wondershare DemoCreator is it's a powerful and user-friendly way to access the chroma key feature as if you're new to this platform or even with this feature. It'll be convenient for you to make a wise choice while dealing with this software and while dealing with this specific feature. You can easily adapt the DemoCreator chroma key to your video clips and also include the backdrop in a handy way and that too of your own choice.