How to Rotate Video Clips on Computer?
Rotating a video clip is one of the easiest tasks to accomplish when you have the right video editing software at your fingertip. No one could rotate a vertically oriented video without the help of a stunning software like the Wondershare DemoCreator video editing software.
Though there is other software that can perform this same task, could it be as perfect as our Wondershare DemoCreator application? Well, to some extent yes, they can. After subjecting about 10 video editing software (excluding Wondershare DemoCreator), I'm certain of 4 tools that could work like the Wondershare DemoCreator. Before shedding light on what these tools are let's have a look at how the Wondershare DemoCreator works.
At first, let tell you how to rotate video clips with the Wondershare DemoCreator program.
Step 1: Download and Install Wondershare DemoCreator
The first step to rotating a video clip with the Wondershare DemoCreator app is downloading the app from its official website. This app is compatible with macOS, and Windows operating systems, so if you have any of these devices, then you should have the app at your disposal. After downloading it, make sure you install it.
Step 2: Import Video Clip Wondershare DemoCreator Video Editor
Now you have to import the video clip you want to rotate to Wondershare DemoCreator. To do this, take the following billeted steps:
- At the top left corner of the Wondershare DemoCreator app, you will find the File icon, click on it, and then select import media files
- Click on the import icon on the Media Library Panel, then select import media file to choose a media file in your PC
- Right-click on the blank area of the Media Library, then select the import file
Step 3: Drag the Video File on Timeline
Dragging a video file on your timeline is tantamount to adding media files to the timeline. To do this, all you have to do is right-click on a media file and then selected to Timeline at Playhead.
Step 4: Rotate your Video Clip
There are two methods you can follow to rotate a video clip with Wondershare DemoCreator video editor which are:
1. Click on the video clip in the large preview pane. At the center of the video, you will find two hollow circles. Hover over these circles on the right until your cursor turns into a rotating symbol. Click this symbol, then move your mouse to tilt the video.
2. If you got a specific angle you would like your video to be rotated, then this method is what you need. Click on the video in the large view pane, and you will find a transform pane showing at the top left corner of your screen. You can change the rotating degree rotation.
After taking the four simple steps listed above, I'm certain your video clip will have to rotate to that orientation you want. This guide is easy and quick to learn. Try it now!
If you want to get how to join or merge MP4 video clips >> to learn more details.
Here are some tips about video clips rotation:
- To rotate your vertically oriented video horizontally, then you set it to 90 degrees or 270 degrees. If you want it upside down, then you have to set the rotation angle to 180 degrees.
- Rotating a video clip doesn't change the shape of your video instead it does change the position of the clip. However, flipping a video change stage shape, turning the video upside.
Now you have the step by step guide to rotating video clips with Wondershare DemoCreator video editing software. Let's have a look at the top 4 video editing tools with similar functions as the Wondershare DemoCreator.
The method of operation of Wondershare DemoCreator is quite simple, but you are sure to wonder what other tools are available to replace Wondershare DemoCreator.Next, we introduce four substitutes of Wondershare DemoCreator.They can also rotate video clips easily.
Windows Movie Maker
We have the Windows Movie Maker video editing software at the top of our list. This tool is amongst the most powerful video editing software with an intuitive user interface that lets you navigate around the app without needing external help. This tool works perfectly with Windows and macOS devices. If you need your video horizontally or upside down then this should be your desired app.
OpenShot is a web-based video editing tool created for Windows, Linux, and other OS. This application doesn't only help in video rotation, it's also effective on the conversion of images into video clips. The app supports the addition of text, images, music, filter, and effects to videos. You can also use it to add background to video clips without spending too much time. OpenShot video editing software is mostly used by business owners who have a budget.
Another simple, but yet powerful video editing tool is the DaVinci Resolve video editing app. This software is mostly used by people with Windows and macOS devices. DaVinci Resolve video editor lets you add music, text, filter, and other elements to your video clips making them great. To create an award-winning video you can go for this app as its user interface is simple and easy to use. Novices and professionals are cravings for this tool.
ApowerSoft Screen Recorder
The last one on the list is the Apowersoft Screen Recorder video editing app. With this tool, you can rotate video clips without stress. It has a simple user interface with a built-in editor that lets you add filters, background, texts, and images to your video clips. This application is compatible with all sorts of devices including macOS, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
What video editing software will you incorporate in your next video processing process? I implore you to make the right choice as there are a lot of quack tools available online which might not work up to your expectation.
Our picks have been tested by experts in the industry and the results are outstanding. Check out any of these tools today, and become an award-winning movie director at the next award-winning event.