- 1. Record your computer screen and webcam simultaneously.
- 2. Allow you to customize screen capture and frame rate .
- 3. Powerful editing tools and effects to enrich your video clips.
How to Fix No Audio- Sound Problem in Bandicam
This article provides you with quick-fix tutorials that tackle both potential problems during OBS screen recording. If you still experience the dreaded OBS screen capture black screen and look for a stable screen recording software with also features video editing abilities, we suggest an alternative recording & editing suite you can use that is superior to OBS.
- Part 1: How to resolve OBS black screen for game capture?
- Part 2: Best alternative to OBS screen recording software – DemoCreator
- Part 3: How to capture game with DemoCreator?
How to resolve OBS black screen for game capture
I was using OBS Studio to record some videos of CS: GO with the 'Game Capture' option, but was consistently left frustrated with a black screen when I launched the game.
At the time there was no information on the internet, but I figured out the problem. So if you are experiencing the same problem here's the solution.
- Open up CS: GO or whatever games you want to use OBS game capture
- Pull up OBS
- Right-click to pull up a menu a select 'Add'. If you like, name the file
- In the 'game capture' box pull out the drop-down menu at the top and select the game you want to capture. Then check the box titled, 'anti-cheat and compatibility hooking', and click okay.
Since I resolved my problem, I have noticed other users have encountered the OBS black screen when using an NVIDIA control panel. To fix the OBS black screen game capture with NVIDIA open the control panel and follow these instructions.
- Select 'Manage 3D Settings'
- Click on the 'Program Settings' tab
- Pull up OBS in the program list. If it's not there, add it to the list
- Open the application folder and select OBS64 or OBS32
- Tick 'show only programs'
- Select High-Performance NVIDIA processor
Either of the options above should resolve the OBS black screen. However, if the problem still persists, you may want to try alternative software that has a game capture feature such as Wondershare DemoCreator.
Best Alternative to OBS screen recording software – DemoCreator Recorder
There are loads of recording services available online, but the stand-out screen capture software is Wondershare DemoCreator. If you want high-impact results from your video recording software, DemoCreator is the real deal.
What makes DemoCreator stand out is the wealth of features. You can record and edit your video footage with this 2-in-1 screen recording software. You can record from your webcam and your computer at the same time, adjust the frame to record part of your screen or the full screen and add annotations or other elements.
Not only that, but the software also has a full editing suite so you can edit clips using a wide range of tools. The software also supports importing media files like audio, photos to customize your captures, and allows you to export MP4, MOV, and GIF files or upload to social media platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Vimeo.
How to capture game with DemoCreator
Recording videos on Wondershare DemoCreator is easy. All you have to do is follow the simple instructions below:
- Open DemoCreator and click 'Game Mode'
- Choose the game you want to record (DemoCreator is available for most popular games, such as Minecraft, League of Legends, Overwatch, Dota and CS: GO)
- Select the fps.
- Set up audio. You can record using a microphone or just your computer. If you don't want sound, select don't capture.
- Tick the GPU Acceleration field
- Click Capture.
- To stop recording press F10.
DemoCreator is a screen recorder with video editing tools but if you want to add more cool effects, filters, transition, and titles and texts to the recorded videos with a much more professional video editing software, we recommend you try Wondershare DemoCreator.