How to Record Remote Desktop
Accessing a desktop remotely is not an effortful task, and you can do it easily with the help of a few apps. These apps will give engineers and various help desks to resolve the customer issues in no time. To keep everything recorded and transparent, these sessions can be recorded, and you will find the process much simpler to implement. Having these sessions recorded will also let you point out the issues in the future. To easily record remote computer desktop, you will need to install remote-accessing software such as TeamViewer, AnyDesk, etc.
In this guide, we are going to discuss a few methods that you will find much helpful and easy to deal with. There are certain things that you will need to do to record the remote screen without any quality loss. We will also include the screen snapshots so that you are able to understand the process in a much better way.
If you are even a little bit of a tech enthusiast, you must have heard the name of TeamViewer by now. It's one of the oldest and most versatile remote connection apps. If you are wondering about the process, it's quite simple and straightforward. The interface that you will get here is also quite intuitive and user-friendly. Let's go through the steps to record the remotely accessed device.
1. Launch the app, and before you enter the remote computer details, you are needed to tweak a few settings.
2. Find the Extras menu on the taskbar, click on it and go to Options.
3. Moving on, you will need to go to the Remote Control tab on the left, and here, you will need to check the Remote Control Defaults. In the list of checkboxes, you will need to check the one that says Start Recording Of Remote Control Sessions Automatically.
4. Now, get back to the homepage where you will find the text area to enter the remote computer's ID. Next up, it will give you a prompt to enter the password.
5. As soon as it will connect, it will prompt on the remote screen to allow the VoIP connection.
6. Now, once you are done, you can reach the top of the screen to slide the taskbar, and here, you will get the recording controls, as well.
The software is considered to be the best when it comes to providing solutions along with identifying them according to the requirements. It is best suited for organizations that are into managing the long list of employees. File Activity Monitoring will also give organizations the ability to detect all kinds of threats. The tool will also give users the ability to detect risky behaviors and report them immediately so they can be addressed.
1. You will need to go to observeit-sys.com, and you will find the Download button on the top-right.
2. Once downloaded, you will need to launch the setup file, and we recommend going by the One-click Installation method that will ease down the process significantly.
3. From the drop-down list of the Server section, you will need to make sure that it's a locally established SQL Server or a remote one. If you are selecting the local server, it will be in the .\SQLEXPRESS format.
4. Moving down, the Web Console section should be enabled with Secure (HTTPS). Once it's selected, the console will make use of port 443.
5. Provide the setup with a license key that you have purchased. If you don't remember, you can browse for it and look for the .lic format file.
6. Agree to the T&C, and hit the Install button. Once done, follow the onscreen instructions to access the remote desktop.
TeamSpeak is a software application that is widely used by professionals to record remote desktop sessions, and we are here to help you with all the tweaks and features that it has to offer. It will also give users the option to chat over IP to easily discuss the issues that they are working on. The app can be used also for video conferencing and personal chats with friends and colleagues. Here are the steps you will need to follow to record the sessions.
1. Launch the TeamSpeak software, and upfront, it will ask you to enter the IP of the remote computer.
2. Next on after the UDP address, you will need to enter the interface address of your computer. You can check it in the command prompt by entering the ipconfig command and searching for an IPv4 address.
3. Once the stream is established and you can see all the encrypted data on your screen, it's time to hit the Record button on the taskbar.
4. Click on Record MUX, or you can also get to it by the shortcut Ctrl+A. It will open a new dialog box to select the destination path. Set the recording limit to 100-200MB and then, hit Start.
5. You can then view the recording later by getting to the RecordTS app and fetching the DLL source to open the file.
Best Desktop Screen Recorder – DemoCreator
There are many occasions that people want to record computer screen, such as creating a video tutorial, gameplay, lectures or demonstration. If you want to do this, you can always choose Wondershare DemoCreator. This all-in-one screen recorder and video editor is able to capture any onscreen activities with real-time screen drawing. Moreover, the newly released AI face recognition function will help improve the engagement with audience with webcam explaining.
It supports Windows 7/8/10 as well as Mac comptuers. The software is totally free to download and use. Unlike some other recorders, the free version of DemoCreator has no time limit, you can record any long as you want without paying a single penny. Why not download and try this software now.
You might find these steps a bit completed by going through this guide. However, we can assure you that the process to record Windows remote desktop sessions is quite simple. We hope you are able to find just the right answer that you were looking for. The apps that we have mentioned here will also give you a detailed set of instructions in case you are feeling stuck at any step.