Thinkific Online Course Platform Review
Thinkific is a platform for you to create, market and sell your expertise. Thinkific provides tons of templates for you to start with pre-made design templates and themes to make your video. In this article, we will give the review of Thinkfic and how you can make your tutorial video by DemoCreator video recorder and editor.
Overview of Thinkific: What is Thinkfic exactly?
Thinkific is a platform that allows you to create and deliver online courses. Once you have created your courses, you can sell them or deliver them using your own brand. There are many global corporations that have been using Thinkific to create courses, and it is in use in over 70 countries. One of the key benefits with this platform is the fact that you can customize the online learning experience and allows you to include payment options. Both instructors and students will have a great learning experience through Thinkific.
If you have existing courses or want to create new ones, you should consider the tools that are provided by Thinkific. The process of creating a course is simple and straightforward; all you need to do is drag and drop your material that you would wish to share with your students. The content can be in the form of video, PDFs, audio and so many more. With Thinkific, you can include discussions, surveys, quizzes and any other form of content that that you would need to complete your course.
Here are the main features that you can enjoy with Thinkific:
- Simple Launch: With Thinkific, you will be able to launch your online courses within a few minutes. The platform is easy to use, but has powerful elements, to support even demanding courses.
- Create Multimedia Courses: Thinkific gives you the option to create your courses from any type of content. You can use PDF, video, text, audio and HTML to build diverse multimedia content.
- Easy Import of Courses: The drag and drop course creation feature will allow you to import your courses easily.
- Voice-over Slide: If your course is made up with slides, there is a tool that will allow you to record an audio narration. This can be used for presentations using Keynote and PowerPoint.
- No technical Experience: All the technical and design issues have been handled and all you need to do is focus on teaching
- Retain Content Rights: You will retain the rights of content and grow your brand.
Pros and Cons of Using Thinkific
- You can use Thinkific to create professional online courses easily.
- With Thinkific, you will get access to all the basic information of all your students, including names, phone numbers and email address among others.
- There is no design experience that is required to use Thinkific to teach online courses
- Thinkific has the capacity to handle all sorts of course, even the ones that are demanding.
- There is exception technical support and this will allow you to keep your audience on your website such that you will grow your own brand.
- You can create multimedia courses from any type of content.
- The marketing efforts are solely upon you and as such the success of your online courses will depend on your marketing strategies.
- The price factor seems to be higher than other online course marketplaces like Skillshare and Udemy.
- Thinkific seems to be a nerdy one and has some bit of technicality.
- Besides the price that you will pay for platform, you will need to invest more time and resources to promote your courses.
Thinkific Pricing Plans
There are 4 pricing plans for this platform:
1. Core Plan
This is a starter package and is free of charge and includes all the core features that you would need to create a course. The key features are:
- Everything you need to create/market/deliver courses online.
- Instant Access to Your Funds
- Unlimited Courses
- Basic Integrations (AWeber, ConvertKit, MailChimp)
- Course Upsells
- Content Hosting (Video, Audio, PDF)
- Free Forever Plan
- Unlimited Students
- Accept Payments via Stripe
2. Essentials Plan
With this plan, you will pay $39 per month, which is billed annually, but you can pay monthly. There is a 5% transaction fee that is charged on this plan. With this feature, you will have all the features of the Core plan and also:
- Coupons & Promotions
- Course Bundles
- Bulk Student Emailer
- Basic Zapier
- Monthly Subscriptions
- Drip (Scheduled) Content
- Accept Paypal Payments
- Affiliate Reporting
- Custom Domain
- Intermediate Integrations (Lead Dyno, SumoMe, Segment.io,)
- Additional Course Prices
3. Business Plan
For $79 per month, you can get the all the features of the Core and Essential plans and also:
- Intermediate Zapier
- Private & Hidden Courses
- Instructor Payout Reporting
- Host Storyline, Captivate
- Completion Certificates
- Site White Labeling
- 3 Course Admin Accounts
- Onboarding Call
- Priority Support
- Payment Plans
4. Advanced Plan
For the Advanced package, you will be required to pay $219 per month, without any transaction fees. This offers all the Core and Business feature in addition to:
- 3 Site Admin Accounts
- Advanced Integrations (Brillium Exams, Infusionsoft Payments)
- 10 Course Admin Accounts
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Advanced Zapier (Incoming Actions and Outgoing Triggers)
- Onboarding Package
- Public API
- Onboarding Specialist
How to Built Online Courses with Screen Recorder
If you are looking for a platform through which you can build your online courses, while growing your brand, Thinkific is the option to consider. You will have full control of the information on all your students. This is an ideal platform for experienced instructors who want to advance their teaching careers.
Thinkific is self-hosting, and as such, all the information will be on your website. There are marketing efforts that would be required so as to sell your courses and as such, it may not be suitable for beginners. You can now share all your courses through this dynamic platform, and you can choose the price plan that suits your needs.
Besides using Templates, you can also use DemoCreator to record and edit your expertise video. DemoCreator also provides media packs for your tutorial or any type of videos. What's more, DemoCreator has powerful webcam and audio recording functions. In the lastest released version, DemoCreator launches the AI avatar for your presentation video. You can also import your PowerPoint by only clicking on the editor.