How to Record Netflix for Offline Viewing
Netflix is the twenty-first century's best video streaming application. With Netflix, the viewers can watch films, dramas that are also called web series, documentaries, etc.
By the end of this article, you will be well familiar with why you need to record Netflix streaming, some of the best applications that the experts widely recommend to record Netflix streamings, and the steps of how to record videos on Netflix.
The Netflix and Why There is a Need to Record the Netflix Streaming
Before knowing why we need to record the Netflix video streaming for offline viewing, let us get a little overview and the background of Netflix.
Netflix was launched on August 29, 1997. It is a subscription-based video streaming service that will be only available to you if you subscribe to it. Netflix has over 214 million subscribers worldwide in October 2021.
Once you subscribe to Netflix, you will get access to it by your browser because, at first, it was a web-based application, but now, it is available on both Android and IOS devices.
Netflix has resolved the issues that people faced due to the DVD players. They had to bring DVDs and then buy the CDs. Hardware problems were major issues that people faced, and it made them switch to Netflix.
With Netflix, you face no such problems because all you need is a mobile or a desktop device and subscription.
But as a coin has two faces, so does Netflix. As mentioned above, Netflix requires subscription charges to stream the videos. Once the charges are over, you will not get access to the movies, dramas, documentaries, etc., until the new subscription or charges.
People don't like this about Netflix, so they have introduced a new way to tackle this problem. They have introduced the concept of recording the Netflix videos and then getting them to save in local storage for offline viewing.
That is the smartest way to tackle the subscription problem of Netflix. All you have to do is just start the streaming and the application by which you would record, and when the movie is over, stop the Recording and save it.
But for all this, you need good applications to record your Netflix videos. In the below sections, you will get all the best applications that you could try to record the Netflix streaming.
How to Record Netflix Streaming on Windows 10 PC
As we all know that Windows 11 is a bundle of new and advanced tools and features that have made the life of its users heavenly, but still, some issues need to be removed to make Windows 11 perfect. Like, Windows 11 has no built-in feature to record the videos.
To attack this issue, we will use the best and recommended application that can record the screen, webcam, and audio. The application is well-known among the masses.
DemoCreator, developed by Wondershare, is a fantastic and dazzling option that you can use to record your videos, webcam, screen, microphone. With DemoCreator, you can also edit your videos with its hundreds of tools and features that are developed to serve in many ways.
- DemoCreator has over five hundred video editing resources and tools that allow its user to do any type of editing on videos, online Recording, streamings, etc. With DemoCreator, you can add texts, captions, annotations, transitions, stickers, background music, songs, templates to your videos.
- The application also integrated the audio editing features. You can remove, snub, voices from the background, add voiceover, tweak the voice's frequency, etc. The application is so perfect that it can easily be used for the most professional purposes.
- The best thing about the DemoCreator is that it is completely free to use. The application has the best user interface that can serve beginners, advanced and experienced people.
- DemoCreator provides you with an efficient video and screen recorder. You can do any type of recording with DemoCreator. Its powerful screen recorder allows you to record the microphone, screen, and webcam at the same time and separately.
- DemoCreator provides special incentives to the gamers as the application includes a bundle of features for gameplay recording. Other recording features of the DemoCreator are that you can magnify, pan and zoom, write, highlight on the screen at runtime while recording. It is the most loved feature of the application.
Recording with DemoCreator
Recording with DemoCreator is very easy. All you have to do is download and install the application and then launch it by double-clicking it.
- After opening the application, the main window will pop up. It will ask you to choose between multiple editing and recording options. In this case, you have to record the Netflix window, so you will just click on the screen recorder.
- After clicking the screen recording option, a horizontal video will appear asking you to set the microphone, audio, and screen resolutions. Set them according to your needs.
- After the settings, click on the red button to start the Recording from the same window. You can also use the shortcut keys to start, stop and pause the Recording. Press F10 to start and stop the Recording and F9 to pause it.
- You can click on the red button again to stop the Recording or press the shortcut key as mentioned above.
How to Record Movies from Netflix on Mac
You can easily record your screens with QuickTime player on Mac operating systems. But the applications lack so many features, and that is why the users search for other sources to record their screens.
If you are also searching for other applications, stop right there because we would like to introduce you to an open-source application that is easily available on the internet completely free.
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS Studio)
The application is entirely free to use and yet has all the best features that the paid applications include. We are talking about the Open Broadcaster Software, aka OBS studio. The application is completely free to use and easy to use.
You can download this application quickly on Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
Some of the best features of the application are.
- You can create multiple video scenes from multiple resources at the same time.
- You can mix multiple videos and audio easily with OBS studio.
- You can switch between scenes seamlessly via custom transitions.
- The application has the best audio editing tools like you can easily remove, snub, face the background voice or sounds. You can add voice-overs too.
- With OBS Studio, you can rearrange the layout exactly as you like with Modular 'Dock'.
- The application allows you to add transitions to your recordings. You can set hotkeys for productivity.
- With the studio mode, you can preview your edited recordings too.
Recording with OBS studio
You can easily record Netflix videos with OBS studio. For this, you have to download and install the application.
- After installing the application, launch it. Now, open the Netflix video too.
- In OBS Studio, click on the "+ " sign under Sources.
- Now, add the name to the window, OBS will automatically detect the opened Netflix video and set the resolutions, but you can also set the options according to you.
- Start the Recording by clicking on the record button, and then immediately open the video. After recording, OBS will automatically save the video on the Mac.
You can also record the Netflix videos on the Mac operating system with DemoCreator. DemoCreator on Mac includes all the same features and working mechanisms as it includes in the Windows version of the application.
Just repeat the same steps, like opening the application and then selecting from the multiple options to record the screen only.
After selecting the option, a horizontal screen will appear asking you to set multiple settings like microphone, webcam, screen, etc.
Click on the red button to start the Recording from the same screen. After starting the Recording, immediately open your Netflix video. After the end of the video, click on the red button again to stop the Recording. You can also use the hotkeys like F10 for starting and stopping the Recording and F9 from pausing the Recording.
The DemoCreator will save your video file in the video folder.
You can read the above section to get familiar with the features and steppings of the application.
How to Capture Netflix Streaming Videos on iPhone
Netflix had only started with streaming on web-application, but with time and the application's success and popularity, the developers of the application also introduced the mobile version of the application.
You can download Netflix from the Apple app store on your iPhones, iPads, etc. The formula to use the application is the same as the web application. The problem is the same; we have to record the Netflix videos. For this, you can use the built-in recorder for the iPhone or iPad.
The main feature of the built-in application is that you don't have to download third-party applications just to record the screen. These third-party applications simply exhaust the RAM of the mobile devices and so, it is best to use the built-in feature.
Recording Netflix Streams on iPhones
Recording with the built-in feature of the Apple devices is simply a matter of a few short steps. All you have to do is.
- Open the Netflix stream.
- Find the Screen Recorder icon by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and then clicking on it.
- To stop your Recording, click on the red button in the floating recording control to end it.
How to Record Movies from Netflix Free on Android
Netflix also provides its Android application, which can be run on any Android application. You can download the application from the Google play store and use it the same way you use it on the web application.
You can record the Netflix videos on the Android version of the application too. You can use the built-in recording feature of Android phones, but if you don't have it, then you can use the well-known application called AZ Screen Recorder.
You can easily install the application from the Google play store. AZ screen recorder is a stable and high-quality screen recorder that lets you record the screen, do live streaming, and edit the recordings. The application makes it easy for you to make tutorials, record gameplays, etc.
- The application has no recording limit.
- You can also record the sound.
- You can record the screen with full HD quality.
- The application allows you to do any type of editing on your recorded videos.
Recording with AZ Screen Recorder.
Install the application from the Google app store.
- Open the video you want to record.
- Open the application, tap on Recording, and then the Start Now option to start the Recording.
- To stop the recording, you can click on the stop button to stop the Recording.
- Choose the editing options if you want.
How to Screen Record on Netflix Online
If you don't want to install any third-party application on your desktop computer, then you can also opt for online browser-based applications.
DemoAir is an exciting browser-based application that you can add to your browser to record the screens. It is the lightest version of the screen recorder that Wondershare provides.
The application allows you to record the screen efficiently by selecting the part of the screen you want to record, or you can also record the whole screen with multiple opened tabs.
The application makes it easy only to record one tab of the browser. You can add your recordings on the cloud too. You can easily record the microphone, screens, and webcam with DemoAir.
Add the extension to your browser.
- Select the type of Recording you want, whether you want to record the whole part of the screen or a specific part or you want to record only one tab.
- Give your browser permissions to access your microphone and webcam.
- After selecting the option, click on the start button to start your Recording.