How to Screen Record Netflix on Mac
The online world of entertainment is a big part of everyone's life in this modern tech-based society. Also, watching movies, TV series contributes a major portion of these ways to amuse us. Netflix is such a platform that has been developing for the past decade. There are nearly hundreds of languages available for different people across the world and the sections for each category of movies as well as series are quite overwhelming. However, the query Mac users usually come across is how to screen record Netflix on Mac.
Well, certain times we want to save these movies so that we can watch them again in our free time. But Netflix only allows them to save, not download them. Moreover, one of the solutions to save those videos is to record them with any screen recorder. So, if you are a Mac user, below are some methods to do so in your Mac:
1. Record Netflix with DemoCreator
The first one on the list of free screen recorders that can help you save the movies or tv shows from Netflix to your Mac device is the Wondershare DemoCreator application. It is available for both smartphones as well as computers. This application makes the screen recording process simple so that you will be able to capture anything on your display easily. One of the key components that we are interested in here is its ability to record the screen for Netflix on our Mac device.
Moreover, this application is the perfect choice available for this task. Although there is a paid version of this software, the basic requirements of Netflix screen recording can be done with the free version too. With this, you will need to just click a few buttons, adjust the settings for your desired video, and then you are good to go. The steps for screen recording the Netflix app with DemoCreator is as follows:
First, go to the search bar of your browser and type WonderShare DemoCreator. The first result that appears on your screen will have the download link. Click on that and you will see a download button for the free trial which after a click will start the download.
After the application is downloaded, click on that and the installation wizard will help you with the setup.
Once you are done, open the app on your Mac and you will be taken for a guided tour. You can watch the different features of the program or skip it. In the interface, you will see a red dot to start the recording. You have to click that and the recording will start.
Once you are done with the recording on Netflix, you can click the same and stop the recording to save it to your device.
2. Use QuickTime Player to Capture Netflix
If you are an Apple user, then you should have known how to use QuickTime. It is the default screen recorder tool that is provided for all Mac users and comes preinstalled with every device.
In case you don't have this on your Mac, then you can download it from the official Apple website by writing QuickTime on your search bar of the browser. This tool offers everything that you can use to successfully save screen recordings from the Netflix app. The process on how to screen record Netflix on Mac using QuickTime is given below:
- Open the QuickTime tool by clicking on its icon. Once you are inside the tool interface, click on the file tab which will have the "New Recording" option. You need to click on that.
- After you click the new recording, a prompt will appear that will consist of a record button. When you are ready and inside the Netflix app, click on that and the recording will start.
- After you are done with the recording, click on the stop button from the menu bar and the recording will be saved to your desired location.
3. Record Netflix Videos with Camtasia
The third screen recorder on the list that can help you to screen record Netflix on Mac is the Camtasia software. This is a premium screen recorder with a dozen features. Although there is the need to buy it for the full version, there are also trial versions available for free that you can use. The free version offers tools like screen recording with quality up to 720p that you can use to record the Netflix TV shows and movies very easily. The process to do that is as follows:
- Open the official website for Camtasia and download the installation file. After the app file is downloaded to your Mac device, double click on that and your installation wizard will appear which will help you with the installation process.
- Once the app is installed, open the application and you will see a bunch of different options. Most probably it will advertise their premium version. You need to close that tab and you will see a record button at the bottom of the screen.
- When you click on the record button, the screen recording will start. Navigate to the Netflix app and record what you want to save to your device. Then click on the same button and the recording will stop.
4. Use Screencast-o-Matic to Record Online Netflix
Screencast-o-Matic is another screen recorder that is very quick and easy to use to record Netflix stream Mac. It has millions of users worldwide and is popular for its free-to-use features.
If you want to record your TV shows or any other content with great audio and video quality on Netflix, then this is one of the best apps available for Mac OS. There are different quality settings that you can customize on your own and then start the recording with one click. The process of recording Netflix TV shows and movies through Screencast is as follows:
- Download and install the tool on your Mac device and once it appears on your home screen, click on it to open the app interface.
- The app will ask you for certain important permissions, which you will need to allow. Then you will see a red dot on your screen which is the start button. You have to click on that and your screen recording will start.
- Now go to Netflix and play what you want to record. After you are done, click on the same button and the recording will stop.
5. Record Netflix Videos Clips with VLC
The last application on the list is VLC Media Player, which is known for its trendy tools in the multimedia market. Originally, it was developed as a screen recorder to stream contents. However, now with the updates, you can screen record near about anything with the click of a few buttons.
It supports screen recording of up to 1080p for apps like Netflix. This also provides you with crystal-clear audio without any lag and hence, makes the recorded videos even more interesting. The process of recording videos for Netflix in VLC screen recorder is as follows:
- Install and open the VLC screen recorder tab where you will find an option that says "New Screen record". Click on that and a floating tool will appear.
- The tool has a record button that will start the recording once you are in the Netflix app.
- Once you are done with the recording, click on the stop button and it will be saved to your desired location.
FAQs about Netflix Video Recording
How can I save and share Netflix content for free?
You can save the Netflix contents to your device, which is playable on the app itself. However, if you want to save and share them, then the easiest way to do that is by recording the screenplay. It will be saved to your device permanently.
Is screen recording Netflix through any method is illegal?
Screen recording for personal use is not illegal and no legal troubles will be caused since you are already paying Netflix for the subscription. However, if you screen records anything on the Netflix app and reproduces or sells it somewhere, then it will cause legal issues.
Is screen recording safe to be done on my Mac device?
Yes, all the screen recording methods that have been explained in this article, to record TV shows and movies on your Mac device, are safe to use. Moreover, they have been used by millions of users around the globe. You can opt for the installation and use them without any trouble.
Do I have to pay to use any of the screen recording software?
Some of the tools such as QuickTime come preinstalled while most of the others are free to use. Also, from all these apps, you can choose the paid subscriptions if you require additional tools. Mostly your requirement for recording screens in the Netflix app will be fulfilled with the free versions.
Netflix is popular among millions of users worldwide because of its versatility and ease of access. But the fact that it still has limitations like saved videos can't be transferred or watched using any other application makes it hard for users to enjoy it fully. This is where screen recording comes in. and if you are a Mac user, then these methods and tools of screen recording can help you record your favorite content from Netflix.