ScreenCam Screen Recorder – How to Use It
Screencasting plays a central role in teaching, gameplay Vlogging and many other social media activities. It is especially helpful in making tutorials and instructional videos and makes the videos quite easy to comprehend. You can directly show step-by-step the procedure of any activity that you want to make a video about.
But sadly, there aren’t many options when it comes to the android platform for screencasting. Although android supports screen-recording, it still hasn’t provided any in-built app for the same. If you are looking for a way to record the screen of your android device, then we have an app for you.
ScreenCam is an open-source app that makes screencasting possible on your android smartphone. This app can be downloaded from Google Play and also has no intrusive ads to interrupt your experience. The system requirement for ScreenCam is Android Lollipop 5.0 or above. There’s no need to root your phone and pay hefty amounts of money as this app is free.
A screen recording tool is very important these days, especially for mobile phones, as they make it so much easier to create instructional videos, tutorials, and other video content for your online platforms. Screencam screen recorder offers many features and is still a rather lightweight app that does not cause your smartphone to lag.
Key Features of ScreenCam
ScreenCam recorder is a simple but powerful app, and its features are very easy-to-use even for someone who has never done screencasting before. Here are the 10 important features of this app that make it a very reliable and handy tool for screen-recording:
- Ad-free Tool
The most impressive feature that makes it the choice of so many users is that it is free of irritating ads. This ensures a smooth user experience.
- No Root Needed
You do not need to root your phone, and it works on any android device that has a lollipop or android 5.0. Only a few advanced features require your phone to be rooted; otherwise, you can easily use the main features and do the screencasting of your smartphone.
- Multiple Resolutions Available
Screencast doesn’t compromise on quality and provides the user with the choice of resolution, 720p, or 1080p that the user wants for his video. You can also set the desired bitrate and also decide the frame rate per second (FPS). Thus you can watch the video of the desired quality by customizing among these options.
- Mic. Recording (Audio)
Sometimes the video recording also needs audio with it, such as for gameplay recording. ScreenCam has multiple options such as record audio from a microphone or internal audio by which you can add audio to your video, be it narration or gaming sounds. If you do not want any audio with your screen recording video, then you can choose the “none” option.
- Floating Controls
Floating controls enable the users to start recording, pause it, and resume it without having to switch between apps. This helps on quickly accessing the features as the floating controls draw over any app. However, this feature is only available to android users who have Nougat 7.0 or above.
- Camera Overlay
This feature is very handy if you want to add footage from the camera into your screen recording. You can switch between the front and the back camera and record whatever you wish to add to your screencast.
- Record any App
You can choose any app that you want to record through the ScreenCam, and it will open it directly and start recording. This option prevents the intrusion of extra content that you do not want in your video.
- In-app Video trimmer
You can trim your video with its in-built trimmer and make it of the desired length. This feature makes the task of editing the length of the video easier, and you do not have to download additional apps for trimming it.
- GIF Feature
It has introduced the GIF feature, in which you can also save your screencast in the GIF format as short animations. This feature has yet not been fully functional and might not work on certain devices.
ScreenCam comes with the option to customize the theme of the app. There are many colors, and you can choose the one you like the most. Although this app doesn’t require root, there are a few features like internal call recording that can be accessed only if your phone has been rooted.
How to Use ScreenCam
ScreenCam has a very user-friendly interface. Also, it’s very simple to operate once you opt for ScreenCam screen recorder download. The features and settings are provided in a very organized way, and there can be no confusion of any sort. Here are the steps that you need to take for recording your screen using the ScreenCam windows:
- Step 1: Install the ScreenCam from Google play
- Step 2: Open the app and allow the storage permissions that it requires to function.
- Step 3: The app will open, and you will see the option for settings. Here you can choose the resolution of your video, FPS, Bitrate, Audio settings, and the location of your saved files.
- Step 4: You can simply start recording by clicking on the round Orange icon at the bottom of the screen. Once you click on this button, the app will start the screencasting process. A notification will alert you that the screen-recording has started.
- Step 5: The screen recording can be ended by tapping the stop button on the notification bar and can be resumed from the same. If you have Nougat 7.0, then you have the floating controls which draw over any app.
- Step 6: After you have finished recording, your file will be saved in the destination folder of your choice. You can view your recording, either in the app or in your gallery.
- You can either delete the video you do not like it, play it, or share it to online platforms such as YouTube or social media, directly from the ScreenCam app. With the option of floating controls overlay, using this app becomes really convenient.
Pros and Cons of ScreenCam
The ScreenCam app is a really handy app that will not only record your gameplay but also help you in making tutorial videos. This app surely has more pros than cons.
- The biggest pro of this app is that it has no ads.
- It comes with inbuilt tools for the editing of the recorded video.
- It has a very user-friendly interface, and the controls are easy for us.
- The floating control overlay for Nougat 7.0 makes it super convenient and easy to use.
- It has limited editing features and no advanced tools for video enhancement.
- Crashes sometimes but will work fine after you reboot your phone.
Apps like ScreenCam have expanded the access of screencasting and video-editing tools to everyone. Now even your smartphone can be used to create engaging tutorial videos, gameplay vlogs, or other content.
Even those android users who do not have in-built apps for screencasting can now record their screens using apps like ScreenCam. You do not need paid video editor software or apps that charge so much and instead can make use of this free app to get the work done.
The All-in-One Screen Recorder & Video Editor
- Record desktop screen,audio and webcam simultaneously
- Edit videos quickly with a wide range of professional tools
- Built-in plentiful video effects
- Export to MP4, MOV, MKV, GIF and multiple formats