- 1. Record your computer screen and webcam simultaneously.
- 2. Allow you to customize screen capture and frame rate .
- 3. Powerful editing tools and effects to enrich your video clips.
How to Fix Freezing And Lagging in OBS
This is a quick tutorial to show you how to make OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) not lag or freeze. We cover the settings for both 1080p and 720p computers so if you don't know, use this screen resolution tool to check that out before you get started.
Part 1: How to fix freezing and lagging in OBS
Fixing OBS video freezes is pretty simple. All you have to do is follow these instructions and you're good to go.
- Go into Settings
- Select 'Encoding' from the sidebar menu
- In the Maxbitrate field update the figure to 500,000 for 1080p computers. For slower PC's with 720p adjust the settings to 800,000. If you still experience lagging increase the max bitrate
- Next, select a video from the sidebar menu and click on the 'custom' field
- If you have a 1080p computer adjust the settings to 1920 x 1080. For 720p adjust settings to 1280x720
- Then update the FPS field to 60. If you still have lag, lower the FBS to 30
- Then select advanced settings from the sidebar menu. A message will pop up asking if you want to change settings. Select yes
- Set the Process Priority Class to 'High'
- Further down the screen in the video section update the x264 CPU Preset field to Ultrafast and the Encoding Profile field to 'Main'
- Then go down a little and select the custom x264 Encoder settings and type 'CRF=20' into the field provided
- Click okay. You're ready to capture screenshots
Best Alternative Options to OBS - Bonus
OBS is not as intuitive or as versatile as other video recording suites so if you are experiencing lag when capturing in-screen action, you might want to take a look at other options. If you want to raise your game to the next level, the best alternative recording service out there is Wondershare DemoCreator.
Wondershare DemoCreator is the most user-friendly video recording tool on the market right now so is ideal for beginners. Furthermore, the screen recording software has a fully customizable toolbox of editing features that gives your videos a professional touch.
How to Capture Game with DemoCreator
To record your screen open DemoCreator and click 'Game Mode' You will then be prompted to set up the screen you want to record. It enables you to capture the full screen or a partial screen.
- You can open the screen you want to capture, and set up the recording area, frame rate, and audio settings.
- The next step is to set up audio from your computer and or a microphone. If you don't want audio, select don't capture.
- Select a file location you would like to store your video recording
- Check the GPU Acceleration field
- When you are happy with your settings click to capture. To stop recording press F10
Games that DemoCreator supports right now are Minecraft, League of Legends, Overwatch, Dota, CS GO, Genshin, and so on. Expect more games not to lag or freeze, and features to be added shortly.