Best Background Screen Recorder for PC
Background screen recorder for PC is an invaluable tool that can be used to create promotional videos or creating tutorials. Just as its name implies, this tool is used to capture videos on your device. It can be a very useful tool to anyone who is looking forward to creating tutorials for certain apps, for gamers, and so much more. Not only does the background screen recorder capture the happenings of your screen, but also the user’s voice over the microphone.
In this guide, we are going to look at how you can record the screen on your PC using the Xbox Game bar and Democreator.
Why You Will Need Background Screen Recorder For PC
There are several reasons why you will need to record the background of your screen. Some of the reasons include:
- For creating tutorials
- For education purposes
- For recording gameplay for YouTube
- For monitoring or surveillance purposes. For instance, you will need a background screen recorder to monitor your child’s PC to see what he/she is doing on the computer.
- You will need a background screen recorder to check out to keep an eye on your personal files. Perhaps there are secret files on your computer and you do not want anyone to open them.
- For marketing needs. Screen recorders can be used by businesses to improve customer satisfaction and market new products.
How To Record Background On PC
Wondering how to record background on your PC? Then no worries. Below are steps on how you can capture the images on your screen on both Windows 10 and 11.
How to Turn on Background Settings on Windows 10
- Hit the start button, then select settings
- Go to Gaming, then select Captures. Under Background Recording, you will see ‘record in the background while I’m playing a game’. Turn this button on.
- Choose the maximum recording length.
Kindly note that turning on background recording can affect the quality of your game. If you notice any changes in your gameplay, then consider a shorter recording time.
How To Use The Hidden Screen Recorder On Windows
Not long ago, we had to rely on third-party options whenever we wanted to record our screen. But nowadays, things have been made easier, thanks to the new Xbox background screen recorder app. Accessing and using this app is easy and no previous experience is needed.
One of its latest features that most gamers love is the Game bar. This will allow you to record your gameplay without a hassle. But you will not be limited to recording footage of your gameplay only, but recording videos from other apps as well.
So, to access the Xbox Game bar, you need to press the Windows and G keys simultaneously. This will open up the Game bar screen.
Alternatively, you can open the app by clicking on the window button, tap on settings, type ‘Game Bar’ on the search button then hit enter.
If you are a first-timer, then a small message box will appear on the screen asking if you want to open the game bar. Click on yes to launch the tool. After opening the Xbox Game bar feature, everything is pretty straightforward thereon.
Remember that you can only record when you are inside the app. So if you want to record a game, then you have to be already in the game to start recording.
Moreover, it is worth noting that you cannot record file explorer or your desktop screen using the game DVR. Keep in mind that you need to meet certain hardware requirements for you to use the Game DVR. If you need more options, then it is clear that you will need a third-party app. But for a beginner or if you need basic recording options, then the Xbox background screen recorder app will do.
How to Use Xbox Screen Recorder
- Hit the red button to start recording or if you like keyboard shortcuts, then press Windows, Alt, and R buttons together. Tap on Windows, Alt, and PrtScr buttons altogether in case you need to capture screenshots of the app.
- There is also an option to adjust the settings if any need to. Simply head to settings and then tap on Gaming. While there, click on Captures and find ‘background recording’. Turn it on to start recording the background of your PC while you are using an app or playing a game. You can also adjust the maximum length you want to record for up to 4 hours.
- Other than that, you can also toggle the recorded audio settings, by changing the audio quality and recording audio as you play the game. Open the Xbox app if you wish to adjust any more settings of your recording or broadcasting.
- Once you have recorded the footage, what next? Well, tap on the red button to finish the recording. Your videos will be saved automatically in MP4 format and you can find them in the Xbox app in the Captures section.
How To Record Screen Using a Third Party Screen Recorder
Sure recording the background screen on your Windows 10 with Xbox is easy, however, this tool does not offer plenty of editing options. As a result, most people will turn to third-party tools to help them accomplish their tasks.
One tool that is popular for its powerful features is the Wondershare Democreator Recorder. It is a user-friendly demo-making software with several tools to make your screen video recording simple and fun. Democreator background screen recorder can be used by anyone, whether you are a gamer, freelancer, educator, or learner.
Democreator is a professional video creator yet simple software with tons of features. It can be used by businesses to create marketing videos or by teachers to record tutorials. One of the advantages of using this tool is that you get over 50 types of multimedia formats including videos, images, and so much more.
Why use Wondershare Democreator Screen Recorder?
Some of the appealing features offered by Democreator include:
- 2 devices: The user can record on the computer screen as well as the webcam at the same time
- Customized Recording: You can record part of your screen or the entire screen
- Customized screen capture: You can choose your preferred screen resolution or frame rate (15-20 frame rates per second)
- Mark recording nodes: Democreator allows users to mark nodes when they are recording. This can be an essential tool, especially for editing purposes.
- Record microphone sound: This screen recorder also allows you to record the audio by default. You can also disable it if you do not need it.
- Real-time screen drawing: This is a new tool in Democreator that allows users to draw and write on the recording screen and in real-time. It can be a helpful tool for educators and businesses.
- Edit recorded videos: The best part about this software is that you can edit the videos using its many editing tools. You can crop videos, add annotations, change speed, change background colors, etc.
- Saving recorded videos in different formats: Once you have finished recording your videos, you can save them in different formats depending on your liking such as GIF, MP4, etc.
- Over 50 animation effects to help your videos be more fun and engaging
- Automatic captions: You can also create automatic captions for your videos to make them accessible to your viewers
- Different types of cursor effects: There are five types of cursor effects including magnify, left-click sound, spotlight, left-click rings, and cursor highlight.
In short, there is a wide variety of features offered by Wondershare Democreator screen recorder for PC. The best part is that its editing interface is user-friendly and no professional experience is needed for newbies.
How To Use Democreator To Record Screen
Democreator is supported on Windows laptops such as Lenovo, ASUS, and HP, Mac devices, and desktops. Using the software is a similar process on all devices and you can choose to download it from their website or use it online. Below are simple steps on how to use Democreator to record screen on PC.
Step 1: Start by downloading the app. Visit the website of Democreator and tap on download. Choose whether you want to download the app for Windows or iOS. Wait for the download to complete.
Step 2: Go to downloads on your browser and open the downloaded file. Click on install to successfully install the device on your device.
Step 3: Once you have finished installing the software, it is time to launch it. Open the app and tap on ‘Get Started’. Choose any of the three recording modes: new recording mode, record game, and record screen.
- New recording: With this mode, you will have full control over the recording functions such as frame rate, record audio, record webcam, record a customized screen area, set a scheduled recording, screen drawing tool, and screen recording.
- Record Screen: In this option, you can only record screen with system or microphone audio. This might be a good option for those who want a simple recording process. However, it is worth noting that you cannot use the webcam or screen drawing tools for this option.
- Record game: This mode is designed specifically for gamers. With game recording, you can use the webcam and adjust the screen rate among other options so that you can capture all amazing moments of your gameplay.
Step 4: Adjust the settings: Once you have selected the mode, it is time to adjust the settings. This is to help your videos be according to what you desire. You can adjust settings such as recording area, frame rate, etc.
Step 4: Start recording by pressing F10 or clicking on the capture button. This will start recording the game you are playing or the app you are using. Press F10 again to stop recording.
Step 4: Once you have stopped recording, the recorded video will open automatically in the editor. While here, you can use the built-in editing tools to edit your video according to your preference.
Basically, a schedule recording in when you manually alter the time frame to a future task that you want to start screen recording for. A schedule recording can be used to record a streaming session or if you wish to record any live events that is scheduled ahead of the present time. Though the settings has to be done manually, once the settings are updated, the software automatically starts and stops within the inputted timeframe. To carry on with a schedule screen recording on your Wondershare Democreator, please follow the below mentioned steps.
Step 1: Navigate and open your installed software
Step 2: In the home interface open “tools”
Step 3: In the tools section select “Recording options”
Step 4: Now search for the option “Scheduling” and click on it from the drop-down list box
Step 5: Select “Use scheduling for the next recording” option
How to Edit your Videos Using Democreator?
Democreator offers many editing tools. Adding any of them to your video will grab the attention of the audience and add beauty to the video. Some of the editing tools you will find in this software include:
- Different templates
- Annotation effects
- Transition effects
- Pan and zoom
- AI facial recognition
- Background removal
- Sound effects
Now you know how to record the PC screen using Xbox and a third-party option. The Xbox Game bar is a wonderful and easy background screen recorder to use and can be helpful to those who are only looking forward to recording simple videos. Besides, it is made specifically for gamers who enjoy playing games on Xbox 360 or Xbox One. However, the drawback of using the Game bar is that you are limited to a few editing tools. But Microsoft is working on improving its features in the future.
On the other hand, Democreator is an incredible screen recorder tool, certain to impress anyone. Being a third-party tool means that you get access to plenty of options. You can record the video and edit it as well with no need to download other editing tools.