How to Convert PowerPoint to MP4
Not everyone has a fast internet connection and for them, it's important to have some method that can offer a seamless experience in terms of making a virtual presentation without any lag or buffer. The easiest way to make sure of it is to pre-record it and play it using screen sharing. When you convert PowerPoint to Mp4, it gives you an easy way to give a complete presentation without any audio lag or technical glitch.
There are multiple settings that you will also need to tweak to make sure the content that you are sharing is visible to the other attendees.
How to Make Presentations to Video on Mac
Generally, Mac users don't have Microsoft apps, and offering them a video file will not require the users to hassle for the ways to access it. There is not much that you need to do and the process is quite straightforward. It's understood that if you are making a presentation on Mac, you have already installed the PowerPoint application and the app itself will allow you to record the video using the integrated tools.
Before you dive into the steps that we are going to mention here, you need to know that the 2016 version of PowerPoint Mac will not support this feature. Let's dive into the steps without any further adieu.
- Once you are done creating the presentation, you will need to go to the File tab from the taskbar. Here, you will get a range of options to create/open/close/save the existing or new presentations.
- Click on the Export button. There will also be a Save As… option; it will not give you the option to get the presentation in MOV format.
- As you will hit Export, there will be a new dialog box with multiple options and formats you can save it in. On the top, you will need to enter the title for the presentation followed by the relevant tags and the destination path.
- Below that, you will need to click on the drop-down menu for the File Format option. Based on the application version you are using, you will get options, Mp4 or MOV. If you aren't seeing anything like this, check the Requirements section of the app.
- Next up, you will need to choose the video quality. Right below the File Format, users will get the Quality tab. Microsoft PowerPoint will offer you three options, Presentation Quality, Internet Quality, and the last one with Low Quality. All the options are in chronological order in terms of the final export size.
- The interface will also allow you to extend or set the video length as per the parameters you have set in the presentation. However, if you don't want to use those parameters in the video format, you can also set the time that you want each slide to stay on.
(Using the set parameters will also add all the narrations that you have used in the presentation.)
- Once everything is set, hit Export. It will make sure that you have successfully converted PowerPoint to video with narration.
Turn Powerpoint to MP4 on Windows PC
Even the older versions of MS PowerPoint will allow you to record the video where the file size will depend on the quality to which you are exporting it to. The steps that you need to follow are quite straightforward and you will not need to seek any sort of professional help.
- You will first need to prepare the presentation and once it's done, Ctrl+S to save it locally.
- Moving on, you will need to go to the File tab and it will give you the backstage view. Same as the Mac, you will need to go to the Export tab. Here, you will get a "Create a video" option.
- As you will click on this option, it will give you a new dialog box. Here, the interface will give you a drop-down menu to select the quality. Select the output quality you want to export in. The resolution will be mentioned right next to the options. The highest will be Presentation Quality and the lowest will be Low Quality with 852*480 pixels.
- Right below, the interface will ask you to set the video length. You can do it easily by setting the output to use the configured narrations and timing. If you do not want to use this option, click on Don't Use Recorded Time & Narrations.
- Once selected the ‘Don’t Use…’ option, you will get to set the time you want each slide to stay on.
- Hit Create Video and a new dialog box will appear up. Here, you will need to select the destination path of the file. Along with it, you will also get to name the video as per your liking.
- Also, in the same dialog box, you will need to select the video type. Hit Save and it will take a few moments to export the file. You can then share it to any portal of your choice.
Make Powerpoint to Video Online - Using a web tool
The web tool will also give you the ease of not installing any application and you will get to convert any PowerPoint to video with audio without any extra effort. I am going to jot down a few simple steps that you will need to follow to use Converter360 without seeking any professional help.
This tool that we are going to discuss here will need you to have an active internet connection. The existing PPT will be needed to be converted into an Mp4 by first uploading it to the portal and then downloading the video file, once converted. Let's dive in.
- Create an interactive presentation and then save it locally. Remember the destination where you have saved it.
- Launch the browser and enter converter365.com and you will be greeted by the homepage where you will need to select the converter you want to use.
- Here, we are discussing the steps you will need to convert an existing PPT into a video file. Scroll down below and find the Presentation converter. However, you can directly choose the +Add Files button to select the file you want to convert. Once selected, it will look like this.
- In the center, you will get a ‘Convert to:’ button, click on the dropdown menu to select Mp4. Hit Start Conversion, the green box placed on the right.
- As you will click on it, the interface will first upload the file and then start the conversion process.
- All you need to do is wait for a few moments and it will give you a few options to share. You will also get to download the mp4 file in a .zip format or create a link to share it so that people can get it directly from the link.
Converter PowerPoint to MP4 with Sound and Effects
These integrated and web tools that I have mentioned above will get you a very basic set of tasks done. The presentation that you will create as a video using this tool will not carry any effect or sound. However, we understand that you will need to have some advanced tools to give your video a more enhanced look.
To overcome all your issues, I am going to introduce you to Wondershare DemoCreator. You can say that this screen recorder is a whole package in itself. The interface that you will get here is quite easy to navigate around and you will be able to find all the features under a single dashboard. The presentation that you are going to make should also carry your webcam footage so that a better human connection element can be added.
Once you have downloaded the setup file and it's installed, double-click to open it. Based on your system specs, it may take a few moments to load.
The application will greet you with a compact dashboard where you will get two options, New Recording and Video Editor.
Click on "New Recording" and then you can set up the basic parameters. It is recommend to enable microphone and webcam recording to help explain the ppt files better.
Open your PowerPoint file and customize the recording area. Press on the red button to start recording. You can also use the screen drawing tools during converting.
Then the recording ends, the video will be open in the editor automatically. You can add the built-in annotations and effects to make your project outstanding.
The methods that I have mentioned here will be helpful to you when you are out there trying to find just the right way to convert PowerPoint to video. The steps under each method are quite simple and straightforward. If you have any further questions or inquiries, please leave us a comment below.