How to Make Your Own Facebook Avatar with Ease
Facebook avatars are in fashion these days. Instead of using real pictures for Facebook profiles, people nowadays prefer uploading cartoonish photos.
In addition, Facebook account holders can also modify their cartoon replicas any time they want and change their clothes, hairstyle, spectacles, shapes of lips, nose, cheeks, etc., thus making their FB avatars more dynamic.
With that said, in the following sections, you will learn how to create a Facebook cartoon avatar using the Facebook app and Messenger. Here you will also get to know how to make a Facebook avatar and animate it using one of the most efficient tools that are present online.
In this article
What Is an FB Avatar?
FB or no FB, an avatar is a cartoonish picture that resembles your face to a great extent. It is similar to the outcomes of the advertisements that say, 'convert your photo into vector', which you might have seen several times on the Internet. Simply put, your Facebook avatar could be your vectorized 2D or 3D image.
Some significant advantages of using an avatar instead of your real picture on Facebook include:
- Your FB avatar prevents you from revealing your face while still giving the profile visitors a fair idea of how you might look like
- You don't have to capture several photos in different attires merely to create your profile pictures. Instead, you can edit your Facebook avatar as many times as you want and change your dress, hairstyle, glasses, etc. in no time
- You can animate your avatar and create an animated Facebook profile picture
- You can even define your physical attributes granularly and look completely different so no one can recognize you when you meet them in person
How to Easily Use Facebook Avatar Maker?
Facebook allows you to create your avatars without using any third-party program. The good thing is that depending on your ease of access, you can use the Facebook avatar maker from your PC's web browser or an Android or iOS device.
How to Create Avatars on Facebook on Mobile?
Before diving into the steps, you must ensure that your iOS or Android device has the latest version of the Messenger app in it. Once done, you're good to go:
Step 1: Start a Conversation (or Open an Existing One)
On your Android or iOS smart device, launch the Messenger app. (iPhone 13 Pro Max is used here for illustrations.). Next, open an existing conversation or start a new one by tapping your friend's name.
Step 2: Get to the Facebook Avatar Interface
Tap the Smiley icon from the right of the message input field. Tap the Sticker icon from the options above the box that opens, and tap Make Your Avatar.
Step 3: Define Your Facebook Avatar Attributes
Use the screens that appear next to choose your avatar's skin tone, hairstyle, nose, lips type, etc. Click Done from the top-right, and click Next on the next screen to create your Facebook avatar on your smartphone.
How to Change Your FB Avatars?
Before learning how to change your Facebook avatar, you must know why you should do this.
You may want to change your FB avatar if:
- You have used the same avatar for too long
- Your Facebook avatar doesn't look as you expected it to be
- You wish to change some of your attributes according to your new looks (e.g., hairstyle, adding or removing glasses, etc.)
- You may want to change your dressing style in the avatar
Whatever the reason could be, changing an existing Facebook cartoon avatar on a smartphone is extremely easy. The process is explained below:
Step 1: Get to the Facebook Avatar Interface
Launch the Messenger app on your smartphone, tap an existing conversation (or start a new one), tap the Smiley icon from the right of the message input field at the bottom, and then tap the Sticker icon from the top of the box that comes up.
Step 2: Get to the Avatar Actions Screen
Tap Edit avatar from the upper-right area of the avatar list to get to the Avatar Actions screen.
Step 3: Change Your Facebook Avatar
Tap Edit Avatar from the Avatar Actions screen. Now, use the available options to change your avatar's attributes like dress, hairstyle, etc. Tap Save from the top-right area, and tap Save on the Save your updates confirmation box to save the changes.
Wait while the Messenger app propagates your avatar modifications across all the associated platforms and profiles.
Where to Use Your Edited FB Avatars?
After you have edited your Facebook avatar, you can use it in many instances, such as your FB posts, comments, profile picture, and even stories. The fact is, as you save your avatar after making any changes, your profile picture across all Meta platforms updates automatically.
A few other things that you can do with your Facebook cartoon avatar independently and manually include:
Set Facebook Avatar as Profile Picture
As explained above, when you save the changes after updating your avatar, your profile picture updates automatically. In case it doesn't, or you wish you want to define a specific pose and background for the photo, you can follow the process given below to do it manually:
- Use the process explained in the previous section to get to the Avatar Actions screen
- Tap Create Profile Picture
- From the lower section of the next screen, tap to choose a pose
- Pick your preferred background
- Tap Save to set the avatar as a Facebook profile picture
Use the Avatar in Facebook Messenger
You can even use your Facebook avatar in Messenger. This allows you to share your reflection for a better connection. The procedure is explained below:
- Launch the Messenger app
- Open the chat box of your friend you want to send the Facebook avatar to
- Use the method explained above to access the Stickers box in the Messenger app
- Tap the instance of the avatar from the available options to send it to your friend via Messenger
Use FB Avatar in Comments/Posts
When it is about comments, you can follow the regular method that you use to add a GIF, image, or sticker. The process is:
- Tap inside the comment input field of the target post
- Tap the Smiley icon
- Go to the Stickers section
- Tap your avatar to send it as a comment
As for the post, you can use a different procedure. The instructions are given below:
- Get to the Avatar Actions screen (use the method explained earlier)
- Tap Create Post
- Type your post on the Create Post screen
- Tap Post from the top-right area to use and create a Facebook avatar post
Use FB Avatar in Stories
You can use your Facebook avatar while creating stories too. The steps are as follows:
- Launch the Facebook app
- Tap Create story
- Tap Text from the Create Story screen
- Tap your avatar icon from the lower area of the screen
- Pick your avatar type from the available options
- Type the content that you want to use in your Facebook story
- Tap Done from the upper-right area to create a story using your FB avatar
Can I Create a 3D Avatar on Facebook?
A quick answer would be, yes, you can create a 3D avatar on Facebook. However, if you are going that path, you may also want to include some dynamics in your creations. For example, wouldn't it be good if your 3D Facebook avatar also animates?
Although Facebook offers a variety of options to create an avatar, you can expand the scope of your imagination to a much higher altitude if you use a dedicated and efficient third-party app like DemoCreator by Wondershare.
Wondershare DemoCreator has a built-in Facebook avatar maker that allows you to create dynamic avatars and animate them according to your actions, as long as your PC has a working webcam.
Now, DemoCreator is available for Windows and Mac platforms, and you can download your free copy of the program. However, at the time of this writing, only the Windows version of the application can create animated avatars. Integration of the avatar creation feature for the Mac variant is under development and will be rolled out shortly.
Coming back to the point, after downloading and installing DemoCreator on your Windows PC, you can follow the instructions explained below to make a Facebook avatar easily and quickly:
Step 1: Get to the Video Presentation Interface
Launch DemoCreator, click to select the Video Presentation tile from the first screen, and click Next. On the next window, click Video Presentation from the upper section.
Step 2: Choose a Background for Your Avatar
Click the Avatar tab from the top of the interface. From the right pane, click the Background icon and choose a background for your avatar.
Step 3: Generate Your Animated Avatar
Click the Avatar icon from the right pane and choose your avatar type from the available list. Wait while DemoCreator syncs your avatar with you. Note: You may need to adjust your webcam for perfect synchronization.
Once done, click the small notch from the center-right area to reveal the recording options. Now, click the Record button and do some actions with your hands or face. Confirm that DemoCreator mimics your activities correctly. When you are done, stop the capturing process to create your animated Facebook avatar.
While it is easy to create an avatar in Messenger or using Facebook on a web browser, those representations are static and may look quite dull due to the lack of dynamics. This is why many people prefer using an efficient application that is specifically designed and developed for the purpose. If you are one of those users, you may want to create your animated Facebook avatar using Wondershare DemoCreator.