2 Ways to Record Android Screen on Mac
The pandemic has taught us the importance of having a screen recorder at our disposal. Whether you are a professional or a student, there will be times when you will need to share something with your colleague; putting a screen recorder to use is the best thing. It is believed by a lot of people that if you are using a macOS computer, you will need to have an iPhone. Well, it's not the case that you completely believe in. we are going to jot down the steps you need to follow to record Android screen on Mac.
There will be many use cases that users will get, and there will absolutely be no hassle that one will need to face while connecting to the Mac. It will allow users to easily transfer files and also sync the notifications. We will also include something for the developers and tech enthusiasts; they can easily get into the Android system using the ADB Tool. If you are't comfortable recording or capturing the screen on the smartphone, this free Mac tool will allow you to record it on your computer.
Way 1. Use Android Tool
Among the various methods for getting your Android device fully connected to the Mac, using the SDK tool is the most reliable and comprehensive. This tool will give users the ability to tweak everything from kernel version to custom ROMs, and users will also be able to root it. If you are searching for the methods that are able to explain the process in detail to modify the Android smartphone, we are here to give you a very easy guide to follow.
Among the mobile operating systems, Android is the only one that offers a high level of customization. Before you start working on the tools, there are a few things that you need to get done on the smartphone. You will need to turn on the USB debugging on the Android device. Follow the steps below to get it done.
- Find the Settings app and then go to the Build Number. Tap on it for 7 times, and it will give you a pop-up message to confirm that now, you have unlocked developer options.
- Tap on it, and you will get a toggle to enable it. It will give you a range of options that you can tweak according to the requirement.
- Find the USB Debugging tab and turn it on. Now, you can connect it to any computer, and you will find yourself modifying the Android system in no time.
Now, let's dive into the steps you need to follow on the computer. The first thing you need to do is to get to the Android Developer site and download the SDK Tool for Mac.
- When you download the ZIP file, the content will need to be extracted.
- Now, you will need to move the application file to the Application folder. Double-click on it to install it.
The following steps are required to be followed once you complete all the steps mentioned above.
- Connect the device to the computer, and as soon as you open the ADB tool, it will send a notification to the device to allow debugging.
- It will give you a dashboard on the computer with a plethora of options, including capturing the screenshot and recording the screen.
- It will take a few seconds to capture the screenshot, and you will get a preview on the left side. If you haven't set a default image viewer, it will open it in the default one.
- To record the video, you can click on the camcorder icon, and it will start recording the smartphone screen. On the AndroidTool, users can find the Stop button to stop the recording.
If you want to tweak a few things in this advanced tool, you will be able to do it without any hassle. All you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Launch the tool and go to the Preferences tab from the taskbar.
- Here, you will get a total of 3 sections. The General tab will allow you to set the default locations to save the recordings and screen captures.
- The next Status Bar tab will give you the options to configure Android status bar settings. You can tweak or hide all the things that you want to from this section.
- The Quality tab will give you the option to configure the recording settings in terms of bit rate and scale.
Way 2. Mirror Android Screen to Mac
There will be times when professionals or students from any stream will need to attend a meeting and present something to their colleagues and supervisors. The easiest way to share the screen for Mac users is to mirror Android screen to Mac with the help of a third-party app. Among various methods that are focused to offer you a good quality screen mirroring.
You have landed exactly at the right place; we are going to give you a very simple step-by-step guide that you can follow to easily mirror your Android screen. You will need to have the device connected to the computer using the cable provided in the box.
Steps to follow:
- On the smartphone, you will need to enable USB debugging. Find the Settings app and tap 7 times on the Build Number.
- Open Developer Options and find the USB Debugging toggle to enable it.
- Now, connect the smartphone to the computer using the provided data cable and set the preference to Transfer Files.
- You will need to download a third-party app. You can go for Vysor. It can be downloaded from the Vysor website, and the steps to install it are quite simple.
- Launch the app, and if your smartphone is connected, it will install a companion app on it. If the installation doesn't start in a matter of moments, reconnect the USB cable.
- Once connected, it will mirror the screen in a few seconds.
This is all the hassle that you will need to go through to mirror the screen for the first time. Next up, it will auto-detect and mirror your screen instantly.
How to record?
Now, once you have mirrored the screen, it's time to record it. The easiest way to do it is record Android screen on Mac QuickTime is what we are going to discuss here.
All you need to do is follow the steps below in the same order.
- Launch the QuickTime player, and it will give you a control center to start recording. Hit the Record button, and it will give you a few options.
- The app will also give you the ability to select a particular section of the screen. You can then select the area where the screen is mirrored.
- All you can do is drag and drop the pointer to start recording. It will give you a buffer period of 3 seconds.
There is a surge in the demand for screen recording tools as everyone has shifted to the online mode. These recording apps offer users a wide variety of options, and you will also get to share the screen. There are various users who use Mac as their primary computer and an Android smartphone. They are always seen wondering about how to view Android phone on Mac, and we believe that the problem might be resolved by now. The QuickTime recording using the Vysor mirroring is also a good alternative to go for.