What are the Best Voice Recorders for Lectures
According to various studies, learners forget about 70% of the new information acquired in class within 24 hours. In a week, 90% of the information is lost, making it difficult to pass exams. Therefore, a determined learner needs a reliable voice recorder for lectures to record dictation and refer later as you study.
The best voice recorder for lectures captures the sound and transforms it into an audio file, which you can conveniently store on your computer. There are multiple models on sale, and so finding the best is important.
Below is a review of various audio recorders for college lectures that are durable and efficient.
Sony PCMD 100 is among the best voice recorders for lectures since it is designed to deliver the highest sound quality. It works with the latest high-resolution formats and codecs like 192kHz/24bit PCM and DCD. It has a highly sensitive directional microphone that uses a unidirectional mic unit of 15mm. It also comes with a 32 GB built-in flash memory and expands storage through a SD Card/ Memory stick slot.
- High-resolution recording
- Simple uploading to computers
- Built-in Electret Condenser Microphones
- Flexible playback features
- Versatile recording functions
This is a voice recorder for the class that comes with a built-in memory of 4GB and a monaural microphone. It records and plays back audio in MP3 format and allows you to choose the recording type which you wish to capture between dictation, meeting, music and interview. Its maximum recording time is 1073 hours in LP mode.
- MP3 recording/playback
- Multi-language support
- Advanced recording
- Intelligent noise cut
- LCD display
Olympus VN-7200 Digital Voice Recorder
This class audio recorder is a recording device that automatically records whenever it detects audio above the designated level. It uses noise cut functions to make the payback clearer. It can record lectures, notes, memos and other voice-related work. Its microphone input enables specialized or eternal high-end microphone connectivity.
- Has an A-B repeat feature
- Voice activation
- Fast and slow playback
- Index Marks to specify recording point
- 1,151 hours of recording time
Students can rely on this audio recorder for college lectures because it records for 1,000 hours and has a battery life of over 100 hours. It gives clear audio quality and has an intelligent auto mode to automatically adjust the level of recording to match sound source volume.
- Noise cancellation
- High-quality recording
- direct USB computer connection
- built-in stand to prevent surface vibrations
- 4gb internal memory and Micro SD card slot
To capture lectures, seminars and meetings, UX560 is the best voice recorder to use. It records high-quality clear audio and uses optimization settings for every situation. It comes with a new interface that eases the search for recordings and music files.
- Direct USB built-in to ease PC connection
- Uses a high sensitivity S-Microphone to record in MP3/LPCM
- The wide and focus microphone modes suit lectures
- 4GB built-in storage and usage of Micro SD (SDHC/SDXC) cards
- quick charge via built-in USB
This device is a suitable voice recorder for student lectures as it supports multiple languages. Therefore, you can choose to record in Chinese, English, Russian or Korean, among others. With its 4GB built-in and expandable memory, you can record 59 hours and 35 minutes. You can also choose between Linear PCM or MP3 formats to record and listen to.
- Adjustable microphone ranges to capture clear voices
- Auto voice recording
- USB direct connection
- Transcription playback for record reviewing
- Calendar search for an easy file location
TASCAM's DR-05 is another recommendable voice recorder for classroom lectures that fits in the palm of your hand. It records in MP3 and WAV formats and includes the files in a 2GB Micro SD Card. It is quite simple to understand considering that functions are well displayed.
- Peak reduction function that automatically sets optimal levels.
- Self-timer recording
- Level align feature for uneven volume levels prevention
- High-speed file transfer
- 128×64pixel graphic LCD
This class audio recorder takes dictation to new levels. It contains two microphones to guarantee high-quality audio. Its lightweight design made of steel provides durability and hence can work longer. It also comes with power-saving features to extend the recording period.
- Professional recording control through a convenient push-button
- SpeechExec workflow software to manage data
- Large color display to ease sight at first glance
- High recording quality in DSS and MP3 format
- Superior stereo audio recordings through two microphones
With the DR-40X four-track as your audio recorder for college lectures, you will acquire high-quality recording due to the stereo built-in condenser microphones. The four-track recording mode ensures that you get several recording options. So, as you do dual and normal stereo channel recording, this device records two other different stereo feeds.
- It supports multiple languages like Italian, English, Spanish and French
- crisp voice recording
- variable Speed function
- Jump back function
- equalizer presets for a human voice
All the above devices come with special features, making them the best audio recording devices for lectures. They may appear different and so your task is to choose according to your preferences, which could include portability, durability, appearance or design, recording hours, price and battery life, among others. Before a lecture, it is advisable to fully charge the device and ensure there is enough space to store audio.
When the class audio recorders’ memory is full, simply connect the device to the computer using a compatible USB cable and transfer your audio files. Continue recording your lectures to grab all the necessary information to pass your exams.