DemoCreator User Guide
New Demo Mode
Export & Share
Keyboard Shortcuts - Windows
DemoAir User Guide
Pan & Zoom
A ‘Pan’ is when the camera moves right and left (i.e. between two subjects) while filming and a ‘Zoom’ is when the camera either moves closer to one part of the frame or seems to through the use of a zoom lens (i.e. for a close up on a character’s face). These effects, or any other camera movements, can be simulated in DemoCreator using the Pan and Zoom feature.
In this guide, you'll learn:
- Apply pan&zoom effect
- Edit pan&zoom
- Types of pan&zoom
1. Apply Pan & Zoom Effect
- Find the [Pan&Zoom] under Effect>Pan&Zoom.
Drag the Pan&Zoom effect to the clip, until there appears a green arrow shows successfully added.
2. Pan & Zoom Editing
- Change Position: To change when the Pan&Zoom occurs, click and drag the green arrow.
- Change Duration: To adjust the length, click and drag either end of the arrow.
- Edit: Double click the green arrow to edit. Two frames will appear over your footage: a purple frame marked Start and a green frame marked End.
3. Types of Pan & Zoom
There are 7 preset paths provided underneath the preview:
- Zoom to button right: you may do this to emphasize a certain thing.
- Zoom In: Zoom in from the larger green frame to the smaller purple frame. Drag and hover your mouse to change the area you want to zoom in. The green arrow indicates the direction of the zoom in.
- Zoom Out Mode: Zoom out from the smaller purple frame to the larger green frame. Drag and hover your mouse to change the area you want to zoom out. The green arrow indicates the direction of the zoom out. You may do this to reveal a larger scene.
- Pan Right Mode: Move horizontally from left to the right. Drag and hover your mouse to change the area you want to pan. The green arrow indicates the direction. You may do this to move between characters or follow a moving subject.
- Pan Left Mode: Move horizontally from right to the left. Drag and hover your mouse to change the area you want to pan. The green arrow indicates the direction. You may do this to move between characters or follow a moving subject.
- Zoom Original: The zoom original button cleans all the zoom settings to the original.
- Swap the start and end areas: The swap button at the right corner enables you to swap the start and end area instantly.