Best Gif Recorder for Windows
GIFs are perhaps the best shareable media. But most of us don't know where they come from or how they are made. If you were to look for a GIF maker online, you are likely to come up with a lot of online tools that although can help you make great GIFs, they may not be too reliable. Some display too may ads, others may add a watermark to the GIF, making it useless.
The best way to make sure that you control the process is to use a desktop tool. Desktop tools come with additional features that can allow you to create any kind of GIF you want from any source. In this article, we will be looking at the top GIF recorders for Windows.
Wondershare DemoCreator is a screen recording tool that allows users to easily record urge screen in a wide range of ways. In addition to recording the screen, the clips that you record can be easily converted into GIFs. It is very easy to use and it also comes with a great suite of editing tools that you can use to trim, cut or even add annotations to the GIFs to further customize them as needed.
- It captures the full screen or a specified part of the screen
- You can also record audio and webcam footage along with the recording
- Allows you to edit the recording in numerous ways including adding captions, stickers and annotations
- You can also add transition and green screen effects
LICEcap is another screen casting tool that you can use to capture GIFs on your computer. One of the main benefits of using this tool is that you can move the screen frame during the recording. You can also choose the frame rate or start or pause the recording using pre-determined hotkeys.
- You can record the entire screen or just a portion of the screen
- Capturing it easy with pre-determined hotkeys
- Captured GIFs can be saved in LCF and GIF formats
GIF Screen Recorder
Gif to Screen Recorder is another great tool that you can use to capture Gifs on your screen. It is also very easy to use, allowing you to begin the screen recording in just a single click. The user interface is also pretty straightforward, allowing even the beginner user to find and use the various tools easily. It also comes with features that allow users to edit the captured Gifs to make them more appealing.
- Has a very simple to use interface
- Creates amazing screenshots and animations
- Captures the desktop in a single click
- You can capture the whole screen or a customized section of the screen
VClip is a simple tool that can be used to capture GIF files on your computer. The program itself is very lightweight and has a very simple user interface, making its operation very easy. You can use VClip to capture the whole screen or a selected area of the screen. Aside from high quality GIFs, this tool will also capture video and save them in a number of formats including MP4, AVI, OGG and WebM.
- It is very easy to use
- You can capture GIFs of the whole screen or a customized section of the screen
- It is also a screen recorder
- It is completely free to use
Gyazo is a free lightweight tool that is designed to make it easy for users to capture Gifs on their devices. Available for most devices including Android and iOS, Gyazo is highly functional, allowing users to capture multiple Gifs at the same time. It is also very easy to use; all you have to do is drag the cursor to set the screen size that you want to record and the recording will begin immediately.
- It is lightweight and very easy to use
- You can capture GIFs in a single click
- You can easily customize the area to capture
- Available on all devices including Android and iOS devices
Fraps is probably one of the oldest screen recorders in the business. One of its biggest advantages is that it is very easy to use. It works with both Nvidia and AMD Radeon graphics cards. It will however doesn't support Gifs and therefore the only way to use it would be to record the screen in MP4 or AVI format and then convert the video to Gif format later. The free version of Fraps will also only allow users to record up to 30 seconds of video.
- It is very easy to use
- A great screen recorder that can capture the screen, webcam and sound
- Recordings are very high quality, which makes the resultant GIFs just as high-quality
- Comes with a built-in video editor
Gifcam is a screen capture tool that you can use to record the screen and save the recording as a GIF file. This makes it a very useful tool because you can literally record anything on your screen and instantly turn it into GIF. It can record the whole screen or just a section of the screen and you can choose the frame rate that you want to use. It also comes with a built-in editor to help you tweak the recording to perfection.
- It allows you to record actions on the screen like any other screen casting tool
- GIFs can be recorded manually frame by frame
- The recording window can be resized during the recording
- Once the recording is complete, you can customize it by adding filters and colors
ScreentoGif makes it fun and easy to create animated GIFs on your Windows PC. The program has an interface so simple to use that anyone, even a beginner can use it. It gives uses different ways to capture the screen: you can choose to take a screenshot, record a video or create a sketch board animation. You can record the whole screen or just a section of the screen and you can also add webcam footage to any recording.
- It is very easy to use
- You can capture screen recordings complete with sound and audio
- It also comes with a built-in edit to prefect your GIFs
- The recording can be of the whole screen or just a section of the screen
Compatible with most platforms including Mac, Recordit is a fast and easy to use screen recorder that you can use to create Gifs. It can also be used to record various sections of the screen in video format and then share the link from directly within the program. It is also one of the best apps to use when you want to record a demonstrative video of how a certain app on your computer works thanks to its great editing features. It comes with a free version that you can download and start to use immediately.
- It has a free version
- Comes with a very easy to use interface, easy enough for beginners to use
- It is also a good way to record video on the screen
- You can also include video in the recording
- It will record the full screen or a selected section of the screen
If you are looking for the best way to create GIFs on your PC, you will find the tools above very useful. But it is important to keep in mind that these tools all have different features and function very differently. Therefore, it is a good idea to first of all decide the kind of GIFs you want and why you need them before choosing a tool to use. If the GIFs are just for your own personal use and to share with friends online, you can get away with using a free solution that doesn't have too many features. But if you are creating GIFs to promote and product or service, consider using a more advanced tool.