- 1. Create annotated screen recordings.
- 2. Record customized screen and audio and edit directly.
- 3. Capture webcam video and export it to social media platforms.
How to Use QuickTime to Record Screen and Audio on Mac
As we know, QuickTime player is one of the most popular screen recording software for Mac devices to edit music or add audio to video. However, it cannot record audio from your device. Here is an informative article that includes everything you may want to know to use QuickTime player for screen recording along with active audio input.
- Part1.A solution to record screen with audio
- Part2.How to use QuickTime to record on iPad, iPhone?
- Part3.Pros and cons of a QuickTime player
- Part4.Free QuickTime player alternative for Mac
The Solution to Record Screen With Audio on Mac:
Step 1: Get your SoundFlower Software:
The very first step is to download SoundFlower software from the internet. This software is actually an extension to Mac devices that allows audio information to pass into other applications. You can easily receive or send audio using this program.
Step 2: Restart your Mac device:
Once you have downloaded and installed your new software program then you must restart your system. It will help to refresh all controls so that you can never find any trouble during the recording session.
Step 3: Follow the basic settings:
Now you need to go to system preferences and then visit the sound tab over there. Select the sound output option and select SoundFlower (2ch) as your active output for the current recording. It will help you to turn off the audio signal to speakers and it will be directly transferred to the SoundFlower platform.
Step 4: Go to Quick Time Window:
Once you have made adjustments for sound recording then it is the right time to move towards the QuickTime window for initiating the recording process. Simply go the file option available on top bar and then select a new screen recording option from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Start Recording:
Now you can start the recording process by simply hitting the little arrow available on the screen. It will help you to create a tutorial using your Mac device. The video quality of Quick Time software tool is rated to be very high and SoundFlower can assist in improved audio quality so users are able to generate professional tutorials for games as well as for many applications. The recording process is much easier to follow for beginners as well as professionals.
Step 6: Finish recording:
Once your recording process is complete then it is time to disconnect sound flower from audio input so that you can get back your audio on speakers. For this, you have to visit system preferences and then select sound settings, go to output and select Internal Speakers as the destination.
How to use QuickTime to record screen and audio on iPad, iPhone?
The same application can be used to record videos on iPhones as well as on iPads. All that you need to do is:
Step 1: Just get connected to your iPhone or any other portable iOS device using Quicktime player.
Step 2: Run your recording application.
Step 3: Go to File and then select a new movie recording option from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: It is time to make settings for sound and for this you have to select iOS on microphone as well as camera options. Once you have initiated all desired sound controls then it is time to move ahead.
Step 5: Start the recording process.
Step 6: Once your recording process is complete then preview your video; you can edit as well as save it to your device as per need.
Pros and cons of using QuickTime Player to Record Audio and Screen:
The QuickTime player is really the best option for your routine recording needs as it can generate videos with high resolution.
At the end let us discuss a few pros and cons of Quicktime player for the recording process:
- This software program is easy to use and fast to operate.
- Perfectly compatible with the iPad as well as iPhone so you can initiate the recording process at any time from anywhere.
- It allows users to do easy editing of videos.
- You have to perform a few settings prior to recording as well as after finishing the recording process; it appears time-consuming.
- Users are not able to hear sound from speakers when audio is connected to Sound Flower so one cannot recognize whether the right tracks are being recorded or not.
Free QuickTime Player Alternative for Mac:
If you are searching for a screen video recorder with an audio recording function for Mac that has professional video editing tools, then it is good to go for DemoCreator that is compatible with the Mac platform.
This screen capture software tool can be accessed for free and some of its incredible features include an intuitive interface, powerful video, and audio editing, and allowing paid users to access so many additional resources.
Main features for DemoCreator:
- Support customizable screen, audio, webcam recording, and video editing in one program.
- Support a powerful screen drawing tool that helps you annotate the game screen while recording.
- Featured with pan&zoom, green screen, transitions, making your video more attractive.
- Build-in with a video effects library. You can use it to make your game video more engaging.
If you want to find a tool that helps you record a screen with audio on Mac, the DemoCreator you can not miss!