How to Record Audio on PowerPoint Mac
When it comes to getting our message conveyed, there are many ways that we can opt for, no matter if you are a corporate employee or a student. There will be times when you will have to present a plan to your colleagues or if you are a student, you will need to make a presentation for your project.
In a majority of cases and in the times before Covid-19, you will need to make yourself physically present there to present your content. However, the times have significantly changed and now, you will need to make virtual presentations on virtual meetings by sharing your screen.
If you don't want to present live and play a recorded session that you have compiled and created beforehand, you will need to clear out the process of how to record audio on PowerPoint Mac?
These presentations can be for anything, be it any product demo or presenting a blueprint in an executive meeting. In a study, researchers conclude that more than 35 million PPTs are created every day.
If you are not adding the narration into the PPT itself, there are high chances that it will miss out on the actual presentation that you made. It will be archived or shared online with the concerned audience just in the form of slides.
How to Narrate Presentation in Mac
When it comes to using the PowerPoint application, there are high chances that you will find the interface quite complex. When you are creating a presentation, there will be times when you will need to add voice notes to give your PPT a full circle.
The steps that you need to follow aren't any difficult and now, without any further proem, it's time to dive right into the steps.
Before you move to the steps of recording narration, the very first thing that you need to make sure of is that the slides are completed and you have written all the content and added the relevant pictures and videos.
It's time to get the hardware ready. What I mean by this is, now, you should connect the microphone if you don't want to use the integrated one. Once connected and all the relevant drivers installed, it's time to open the presentation.
Once the presentation is fully loaded, you will need to click on the Slide Show button in the top horizontal menu. Then, click on the Record Slide Show button.
Go to the System Preferences panel on your macOS and click on the Sound icon. It will give you a new dialog box where you will need to select the Aggregate Device as sound input. It will look like the following screenshot.
Note: For those who are using a specific headset, the Sound dialog box will show you the name in the Name and Type list.
If you want to record the narration on a slide-to-slide basis, you will need to keep the particular slide selected and click on the Insert tab. Make sure that the Link Narration checkbox is unticked. Hit the Record button.
Once you click on the Record button, the system will start to record PowerPoint presentation with audio and video Mac (if you have turned on the webcam feature). It will also start the presentation in full screen so that no other clutter can get recorded.
To move to the next slide, you will have many options. Either you can use the left-click to get to the next slide or you can press Spacebar every time you want to move ahead. Once completed, before ending the recording session, you should wait for at least 5 seconds.
To stop the recording, all you need to do is press the Esc button. It will then give you a prompt to also save the Slide timings. You will need to click “Yes” if the narration that you've recorded is according to the particular slide content.
What if I want to re-record a particular slide?
Once you are done recording, it might be the case that you have said something wrong and you want to re-record that particular slide. The question that you must be asking is Will you need to re-record the whole thing again?’.
Well, the answer is no.
All you need to do is delete the audio file for that particular slide and insert another audio recording there.
Here are certain steps you need to follow:
- Open the presentation and go to the slide you want to edit. On the Slide tile, you will get a Sound icon.
- Click on the Sound icon and press Delete. Go to the Transition tab, scroll to the Options menu. In a new dialog box, you will get an Advance Slide tab.
- Uncheck the option that says Automatically after n seconds. Click Apply. It will delete the audio for that particular slide.
- Now, go to the Insert tab and then, click on Sound and Music.
- Click on Record Sound. The application will ask you to select the preferred audio input source. Once all the parameters are set, you will have to click Record.
- Users will get all the recording controls right in the dialog box. Hit Save and it will add the recording to your presentation.
Record Presentation Videos with Audio
While you are working from home, you are going to need some tools that can make your life easier. One of these tools is a screen recorder. You will get to use it in a majority of cases where you need to share something with your colleagues. Not only the employees and business people, but the students will also need this tool, extensively. Almost all the students are attending online lectures and if they want to record the meeting from the platform itself where they are attending, they will need to request the host.
However, there is no need for that formality. Users can always go for a third-party application, i.e., Wondershare DemoCreator. It's the application that you will be able to use for any task and it will give you the solution for how to record PowerPoint with audio Mac query. A screen recording tool has emerged to be one of the most used tools by content creators where it is significantly helpful in making guides and tutorials. Along with an enhanced screen recording tool, Wondershare DemoCreator is also one of the best tools that offer integrated editors.
How to record the presentation on Mac with DemoCreator
The interface that you will get here will give you a very intuitive and user-friendly dashboard from where you will get to use all the features. If you are going to present something to your audience virtually, it will be better to record everything beforehand so that you don't have to say anything while the actual presentation.
Here are the steps you need to follow to make sure that you are able to complete the recording successfully.
- In Safari or any browser of your choice, you will need to search for Wondershare DemoCreator. The application can be downloaded and installed from the official website.
- Once the setup file is stored on the computer, open it and follow the onscreen instructions to install it successfully. Wondershare offers a very simple and easy tool to record PowerPoint with audio on Mac.
- Once installed, launch the application and it will take a couple of seconds to load. You will get a compact dashboard with two buttons. Click on New Recording.
- Next, you will need to connect the external mic or the camera if you want to enhance the overall quality of your recording. The camera will be replaced by the webcam that comes integrated with the system.
- When you will hit the New Recording button, it will give you a new dashboard. Here, you will get to set all the necessary parameters.
- There is one thing that you need to know is that before you hit the Red button to start recording from this dashboard, make sure that you have opened the PPT.
- Users will get to record the PPT by setting it to full screen or setting the Wondershare parameters to the specific part of the screen where the PPT is.
- Once recorded, the PowerPoint record audio Mac file will get transferred to the application's integrated editor. Here, you will get to tweak the video as per your requirements.
If you are using the application's free version, the functionality that you will get will be limited. Moreover, on the final footage, there will be a WD watermark. For paid users, there will be no watermark. They will get a full list of features with a wide range of transition effects that will be available to enhance the overall quality of your video.
FAQs about PowerPoint Recording
Why am I unable to record audio through PowerPoint?
The interface that users will get on MS PowerPoint will give you a very intuitive and accessible layout. It is one of those applications that is widely used across the world. However, there will also be many times when you must have faced some kind of error. If you are hovering on the question of how to record PowerPoint presentation with audio Mac, we hope that we are able to answer that question.
However, it's possible that you have faced some errors while you are attempting to record the presentation. The issue, generally, happens with the audio input and in this section, we are going to discuss a few troubleshooting techniques that you will find helpful in solving the issue.
The very first step that you need to check is going to the System Preference window. Also, make sure that the microphone is connected properly. The dialog box will give you a live feed of the mic input. Try re-inserting the mic jack to make sure it's inserted properly.
The PowerPoint Record audio Mac can be done without any glitch or error if you start checking it manually. Once the recording starts, you can stop it after 5-7 seconds. Go to the Preview button to replay your recorded session. If you are unable to hear anything, the error is somewhere in the Sound settings/mic hardware.
Before you try reinstalling the drivers, you must perform the system troubleshooting methods. There are quite high chances that the system will be able to fix all the issues. It might also require you to eject and re-insert the mic.
Various devices are available in the market. This is why you must check the compatibility section and make sure that it supports Mac.
How to enable the microphone input in PowerPoint
Before you start working on a PPT, you need to understand all the functions and features. Multiple features are offered here by Microsoft that are quite user-friendly. Also, they are focused on making things easier. Here, I am going to jot down the steps you need to know to make sure that the mic is properly connected and working.
- Launch the application and load the project you are working on. From the top horizontal menu, click on the File tab and scroll down to Options.
- A new dialog box will appear up where you will need to click on the Customize Ribbon tab on the left pane.
- On the right list, you will need to do a little bit of scrolling to find the Recording checkbox. Click on it to enable it.
- Hit Ok. Now, you will get a separate Recording tab on the top of your project. This add-on will give you the solution to how to record audio PowerPoint Mac quite easily.
For all those people who are professionals and their workflow requires working with MS PowerPoint need to know all the quirks and features that the application has to offer. If you are also in need of recording your presentation so that you are able to share it with colleagues and friends easily, MS PowerPoint is the one-stop solution for you.
However, it comes with its own limitations, and if you want an application with extensive features, Wondershare DemoCreator is a perfect choice. It is also one of the applications where users will get an integrated editor to implement some edits and tweaks to the recorded video. We hope that this article might end up being a bit helpful and you are able to get solutions for the issues you are facing.