10 Best Screen Recorders for PC in 2022- Free & Paid
Screen recording is a special kind of software that allows you to record the contents of a computer screen digitally. A screen recorder captures everything that happens on a PC or Mac as it is seen by the user.
Whether bustling desktop to YouTube videos an employee sneakily watches during office hours. Screen recording pc can be used for everything from following a maintenance procedure step by step to creating engaging video lessons and monitoring your employees' productivity.
Searching for the best screen recorders that provide high video quality, resolutions, and best color outputs, etc., is a very tricky part. Because of this, so many users download those screen recorders that provide no quality in output at the end.
If you are stuck in the same situation, you don't have to figure it out anymore because, in this article, we will introduce you to the best screen recorders for Windows 10 of the year 2022 that you can use to record the screens of your desktops. We also list the features of the application.
5 Best free screen recorders
In this section of the article we will look into some of the efficient screen recorder for Windows that will charge you nothing to record your screen;
With Wondershare DemoCreator, you can capture and record your screen and convert your recorded data into videos. Make eye-catching video demos, in-depth tutorials, fascinating presentations, or thrilling gameplay videos.
DemoCreator can help you create high-quality, engaging films quickly, whether you require social media material or a quick tutorial for your company use. You can export and save them to your computers in numerous forms, such as MP4, MOV, and GIF.
- You can record your screen at the same time with a camera.
- Keep your microphone on while filming to create a narrated video.
- Using advanced green screen technology, you may change the background.
- The Denoising tool improves the clarity of the video's sound, mainly when using a microphone.
- You can either record the screen with a microphone or record the audio from the editor separately to voiceover.
- Caption materials include opener, title, subtitle, and end credit themes for your various purposes.
- Increase or reduce the video speed with video speed control.
- To make your movie more realistic, use transitions like erasing, evaporation, fading, flashing, and so on.
- Rotate the video position and change the scale. Crop, cut, and any other basic editing capabilities are available.
- Add dialogue boxes, lines, arrows, sketch animation, and shapes to your video.
- Support any formats to input for editing. Export the video to mp4, WMV, Avi, MOV, mp3, GIF, etc.
To record your screen download and then launch Democreator In the interface you will find screen+webcam recording, it is a multitrack recording mode with a conventional recording mode.
If you choose this recording option, your screen, microphone, and camera recordings will be split into three tracks. Click on start a record project.
Set the capture area first. Choose whether to record the entire screen, tailor the recording region, and other options.
Select other inputs to record in addition to the screen. Webcam, microphone audio, and system audio.Check the sound, microphone, and camera connections on your system. Customize the camera and audio for optimal performance.
To begin recording, press F10 or click the red button.
Only the Screen+Webcam Recording mode allows you to use the Screen Drawing Tool. Click the DemoCreator Recorder in the taskbar to launch it when you've finished recording.
To open and close it, press Shift+Ctrl+D.There are numerous options, including Pen, Highlight, Circle, Rectangle, Line, Arrow, etc. While recording, you can swiftly write and doodle.
When you are done with the recording, click the DemoCreator Recorder on the taskbar, then click end recording button or simply press F10 to end.
Windows 10 built-in Game bar
You might be using Windows 10 for a long time, but you are unaware of some of the fantastic features it has, and one of them is its built-in game bar to capture your screens. Yes, you have heard it right; you can easily record your screen free of cost using Windows 10 game bar.
This application is mainly used to record video games. Apart from that, it can do a lot more than just play games. You may, for example, use it to record displays on your Windows PC quickly or snap screenshots on Windows 10 using hotkeys. Well, the word itself says it all.
Step by Step guide
- Open the setting menu by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Click on the Game Bar available in the gaming option in the window’s settings, make sure to turn on the toggle.
After enabling the game bar you can now start recording, follow the simple steps below;
- To open the Game bar, press "Win+G". If required, select the "Yes, this is a game" checkbox.
- To start or stop your recording, press the "Start/Stop Recording" button. Use the "Turn Microphone On/Off" button to toggle the microphone.
- Once you are done with the recording, now you can remove the unnecessary parts of the videos by trimming it. To locate your recording check the “Videos” folder.
- Ease of use
- Record your screens without any subscription charges.
- While recording the screen, you can switch your microphone on and off.
- It allows you to cut your video after recording at the beginning and conclusion.
- There is no watermark on the recorded video.
- It doesn't let you record the entire screen, the webcam, or specify a recording resolution. It calculates the target app's resolution.
- It does not have a recording "pause" feature.
- Very limited options for video editing.
OBS Studio is a robust video streaming and recording application with many useful features for any PC user. The Screen Capture option is one of them.
With OBS you can generate professional tutorials, guides, and presentations by recording everything that happens on your screen. It allows you to record your screen and PowerPoint presentations as videos or stream them live to an audience. As a result, it's a good tool for making short videos for educational purposes.
Because of its user-friendly interface, OBS is reasonably simple to use for screen capturing and streaming. OBS provides an official settings estimator to assist you in determining the best settings. They also give you the option of using an encoder instead of the CPU to stream online.
OBS Studio allows you to use a standard bit rate, ensuring that the stream is transmitted at the given bit rate. Furthermore, this will assist you in resolving any lag or quality difficulties that you may encounter while streaming.
- The layout is appealing, and the navigation is straightforward and intuitive.
- Overlays and on-screen objects that are simple to use.
- Virus-free and unrestricted download
- Facebook Live and YouTube Live Streaming are both supported.
- Frequent Updates.
- No built-in video editor tool.
- Hard to operate and learn the software.
FlashBack Express is a PC screen recording and editing application that may be used on-premise. Screenshots, short clips, and instructive videos can all be captured with this software.
Users can record desktop screens and microphone noises, capture webcam recordings, add annotations and watermarks, and more using FlashBack Express. There are no duration limits for recording videos, and they can be stored in MP4, AVI, or WMV formats. Only Windows devices are compatible with this solution.
Thanks to an intuitive UI, it's simple to record spoken commentary while recording the screen or adding a soundtrack or webcam footage. Recording can be done on any part of the screen. You can even review your video frame by frame with the VCR-like movie player.
- The user interface is simple.
- Dedicated gaming environments
- There are no time constraints or watermarks in this game.
- To use advanced features you have to pay for the subscription.
- The programme has an antiquated feel to it, and it can be slow to use at times.
ActivePresenter is a screen recording software used to make movies, handouts, manuals, documentation, and interactive training presentations for educational institutions, training companies, and online video marketers.
This software also supports webcam recording, and keyboard/mouse click captures. Using ActivePresenter teams may modify audios/videos, alter the look and feel of content, and design branched scenarios using the full-featured editor.
Color, effects, numbering, bullet-point lists, shapes, animations, and transitions may all be added to movies with ActivePresenter. Fade in/out, noise reduction, and audio normalization are examples of advanced audio effects.
Quizzes, assessments, and surveys can all be customized. When projects require speedy creation, ActivePresenter contains pre-built templates and themes. This solution can be used in conjunction with current learning management systems.
- High-resolution screen captures
- Add Transitions and animations.
- Simultaneously record webcam, audio, and system sound.
- Freely add text, closed captions, shapes, photos, and a logo to your video.
- The ability to export videos in a variety of file types
- The editing may lag, and the programme will then become unresponsive.
- Only video files made with ActivePresenter can be imported.
- While exporting videos, the free edition of the software adds a watermark.
5 Best Paid screen recorders
In this section of the article we will discuss some efficient screen recorder softwares that you can use them after paying the charges;
Camtasia is a screen recording and video editing program for Windows computers that is one of the most advanced. The program includes several tools for creating, editing, and sharing videos on the internet.
This tool will create remarkable visuals for tutorials, manuals, slideshows, presentations, and other multimedia material. It's worth noting that the program allows you to import audio and video files, making it easier to incorporate your previous work into the creative process.
Camtasia has set the norm for simplicity, quality, and robust functionality among popular video creation applications available online. It enables you to work on creative material, software demos, online learning presentations, and other related duties.
It allows you to merge video or image files, capture mouse movements on the screen, and zoom in on visual aspects to create fantastic output files. Camtasia Studio supports various file types, allowing you to view your finished videos on a variety of devices. While Camtasia is usually used to make e-learning content, it can also be used to create videos for other purposes.
- It has a user-friendly UI.
- It has a variety of features.
- Multiple file formats are supported.
- Ideal for generating educational materials.
- Crashes and bugs.
- Keyword Command Is Poor.
- Issues With Audio And Video Synchronization.
Bandicam is a video and game recording software and a desktop screen recording tool ideal for individuals, organizations, and professionals who need to create short movies for various purposes. Online academic classes, gaming sessions, walkthroughs, and computer/video tutorials are examples of this.
The program's configuration options let you change the video's quality and size, as well as the type of codex you want to use, the frames per second, channels, and bit rate of the audio, and whether or not you want the mouse cursor to display.
In the “DirectX/OpenGL window” mode, Bandicam displays an FPS count in the corner of the screen. When the FPS count is green, it indicates that the software is ready to record, and when it begins recording, the FPS count turns red. When the software is recording in the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode, the FPS count is not displayed.
During recording it employs Nvidia's H.264 codec, which ensures that video quality is preserved even when compressed into a smaller file.
- Excellent quality recording.
- Many codecs are supported.
- User-friendly interface
- All-in-one screen recorder with audio that can record your computer screen, DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan games, and camera.
- You can record only for 10 minutes in its free version.
- Bandicam only works on Windows. It is not compatible with Mac, Android, or Linux.
Screencast-O-Matic is a free screen recording and webcam recording program for Mac, PC, and Chromebooks that lets you create explainer and instructional movies quickly and easily. Instructors enjoy it because the free version is uncomplicated and easy to use, and the paid editions provide excellent value for money.
It is a simple video and screen recording online tool that allows instructors to record what's on their computer screen and audio. The tool has complete editing capabilities. Students can readily access videos that have been generated via a shared URL once they have been created.
It is available in both free and paid versions for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chromebook. It can record voice and video from your computer screen and allows you to submit the video straight to Screencast-O-Matic.com storage, YouTube, or save it as video files on your desktop.
Screencast-O-user Matic's interface is straightforward and clear, with no extra distractions. Simple screen capture and recording software that doesn't require any prior knowledge to use.
- It's compatible with Mac, Windows, and Chromebooks.
- Simple to Use
- There is a free version available.
- Record both the screen and the webcam at the same time.
- There are no free video editing programs available.
- In the free edition, there is a 15-minute time limit.
Icecream Screen Recorder is a desktop application that allows you to record screenshots and screen captures. The software gives you access to a comprehensive set of tools for editing the video and audio you've shot.
Taking screenshots and recording videos from internet sessions is intuitive and straightforward with Icecream on your desktop. It's especially beneficial to capture webinars, games, or Skype conversations in high definition.
This desktop application allows you to capture a screenshot of the entire screen or specific regions, as the name suggests. Annotations including circles, lines, boxes, and arrows can also be added. All of your screenshots will be stored immediately on your hard disc in the location that you specify.
Icecream Screen Recorder includes a game capture feature that allows you to capture all of your best gameplay. You can change the frame rate, the recording size, and whether you want to use the MJPEG or H264 codec. AVI or MP4 files are used to save game captures.
- Various adjustments for video and screenshot capture.
- It has a mixed player that may be used to edit audio.
- There are numerous drawing possibilities available.
- It allows you to record gameplay.
- It is not always possible to record gameplay in full-screen mode.
- The free trial version does not include full functionality.
- There are only a few formats and video codecs accessible.
ShareX is a free snapshot application that lets you capture and record any part of your screen. Fullscreen, active window or monitor, custom region, screen recording, scrolling capture, and text and auto screengrabs are some screen capture methods it supports.
In addition to screen capture, the program has a comprehensive set of video and image editing features. You may improve the quality of your project even further using this.
ShareX also favors screen recording capabilities. It offers a variety of options for recording your PC display, including Screen recording (FFmpeg), Screen recording (GIF), and Auto Capture.
Screen recording (FFmpeg) allows you to capture the entire screen or a specific section of it, including sound, and compress it in real-time using x264, VP8, Xvid, and other codecs.
- A large number of tools and functions are available.
- Screen capture capabilities that are both free and open-source.
- Supports a wide range of destinations for sharing.
- Aside from screen capture, learning all of the features can take a long time.
- The ability to capture a scrolling window isn't always reliable.
- The editor is quite simple.
In a nutshell, We have reviewed all the efficient paid and free screen capture tools available, Despite having diverse kinds of features and working mechanism some of the software falls short in key areas.
If you want to record your Windows 10 screen or improve your experience, you should always use DemoCreator, the greatest screen recording software available.