Top 10 Best Laptop Screen Recorders for Windows
It is often difficult to instruct other users to do any particular task on your laptop. To resolve this one of the toughest tasks, people tend to use some screen recorders to screenshot on PC (Windows or Mac) and show people how to do it.
Using laptop recording software can help you simplify the entire working flow, explain the steps in detail easily, and most essentially the whole process is repeatable, which makes it easier for the person to understand.
But you may wonder which is the best screen recording software for my laptop?
In order to save you time in researching and testing, we have listed the top 11 best screen recorders for Windows laptops. Now, let’s start to go through it.
Part 1: Best Laptop Screen Recorders for Gameplay
Rank on the top of the most useful and interactive laptop screen recorder is DemoCreator. It is a screen recording and video editing toolkit for creating customized videos. With the most simple interface and easy-to-use video recording features, this laptop screen recorder comes in handy for recording your Windows or Mac screen with audio.
It comes with the 3 recording modes, which you can choose according to your own needs.
- If you want to record your gameplay, please select "Record Game" mode, which allows you to record the screen, webcam, and microphone. Also, after you've finished your game recording, you can make your game video cooler and add some explanation to highlight your gaming moments.
- If you want to capture your laptop screen only, you can select the "Record screen" mode. In this mode, you can record your screen with audio, but the screen drawing tools are not available in this mode.
- If you want to record your screen with audio, webcam, and even use the screen drawing tools, please go to the "Start a new project" mode, you can enjoy a free and easy recording experience here.
Below are the steps to record the screen on your laptop in DemoCreator:
Step1：Launch DemoCreator and choose "Start a Record Project".
Step2：Customize the recording area and set the webcam and microphone if you need them. Then click the red "REC" button to start recording.
Step3：Press F10 to Stop recording. Then come to the editor panel, and you can add the effects you want. Once finished, click the "Export" button.
- No particular time set for video recording, record as much as you want
- The voice recording along with both laptop Windows screen (including system sound) and webcam is possible in DemoCreator
- Plentiful text and element effects
- Enjoy 4K video recording if your laptop is highly configured
- Inability to record mobile devices is surely a drawback
Learn the video guide about video recording on a laptop with DemoCreator.
You May Also Like:
- Top 14 1080P Screen Recorders
- Best Screen Recorder with Audio Recording
- 7 Best Screen Recorders for Google Chrome
For screencast creators and game players, Bandicam has been one of their favorite laptop screen recorders. This is a simple and lightweight software that has the ability to capture high-quality videos from any window on your laptop screen. It is noteworthy that Bandicam performs well when recording games on your laptop.
- Records 4k ultra HD video
- Screen recording is hardware accelerated
- The laptop screen recorder file size is relatively smaller than other software
- 24 hours of recording allowed
- Bandicam does not support live streaming
- The free version has a watermark at the top of the video
- No in-built video editor, need a separate video editor to edit the recorded video
You may also like: How to Record Webcam in Bandicam
Excellent software, Movavi is one of the finest gameplay recorders with amazing features like online sharing, laptop screen capturing tools, playback tools, video editing, and many more. Apart from laptops, one can also record a tab or mobile screen through this software. If you want to create a game walkthrough and upload it to YouTube for sharing. Then Movavi can help you easily realize that.
- Supports various video formats
- Splits videos and deletes unwanted segments
- No video download from the web or sharing on social platforms available from within the interface
You may also like: Movavi Screen Recorder Review
Part 2: Best Open Source Laptop Screen Recorders
A fine laptop screen recorder on Windows to create screencasts and quick demo videos, CamStudio has a range of features such as automatic panning, highlighting the cursor option during recording, sound recording, and more. With the compact interface, it is easy to produce screen captures as well as instructional videos to share with other users across the globe. Plus, you even can burn your laptop recordings to DVD/CD with CamStudio, very practical.
- Completely free and simple to use
- A built-in help file is available in CamStudio
- Can be saved only in AVI format with a flash conversion
- Either records microphone audio or the speakers, cannot incorporate both
You May Also Like: Complete Guide to Recording Webcam Videos
A lightweight media player, the VLC laptop recording software is an open-source and free cross-platform player. As an integrated laptop screen recorder, VLC has the ability to play the most audio-visual files as well as Audio VCDs, CDs, DVDs, and numerous other streaming protocols. Apart from that, if you want to add some features that you liked to a laptop screen recorder, then VLC is an open-source product that has the ability to let you customize your own features.
- Completely free without spyware, ads, or user tracking
- VLC plays all discs, files, devices, streams, and webcams in all formats
- Highly customizable with advanced controls
- Without any codec pack installation, VLC supports audio and video format
- Music videos download not possible
- Glitches while playing 4K in VLC
- Lacks of hardware support
With users able to record active computer games on the screen, or a part of the screen or full screen from any window or webcam using the OBS software makes this free program one of the best laptop screen recorders.
- Simple interface with a range of advanced options
- Supports multiple sources like audio and color
- Speedy performance to record laptop screen
- The sharp learning curve for beginners
Part 3: Best lightweight laptop screen recorders
With some of the best image editing and capturing video features, Snagit is a great laptop screen recorder. Whether video clips, color value, or capturing images, Direct X application, or any video appearing on the screen, Snagit offers a number of helpful built-in tools. You may also add stamps, a new feature to your screenshots, which is extremely convenient for you to create tutorials.
- Built-in Snipping Tool for fast-and-easy screen captures
- Can create presets to visualize exact replica of the screenshot
- Gives quick access to the toolbar
- Email set-up working with the program is quite tricky
- Lacks revert feature that undoes all your modifications to saved videos
- Apart from Google Drive, Snagit does not support cloud storage services such as Box, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive
From recording your screen movements to webcam and voice narration recording for screencast and demo, one can easily upload the videos to the web using Webinaria laptop screen recorder for free in the flash format.
- As the developers keep fixing the bugs, it is an open-source software developed all the time
- Completely free without the need for a license
- You don't need to check the compatibility of the product
- Need to be an expert as you don’t get any support desk to solve your queries
TinyTake, a free video recording and screen capture software with audio is ideal for small projects. For elaborate screen recording, this screen recorder for laptops is not suitable. You may record your desktop in full screen or customize a part as well as integrate the webcam recording.
- Do not leave a watermark after exporting
- 2GB storage free on the TinyTake server
- No annotation tools are available by now
The Free Screen Video recorder can help you in capturing the monitor. Whether multiple windows, menus, objects or any other screen activities, this laptop screen recorder is a complete range of guides showing the steps with graphics to help you create your videos.
- Free spyware and adware
- Saves time by offering several video file supporting formats
- Freeware software is 100% free
- When you install this laptop screen recorder, either opt-out or accept the third party products
- No picture-in-picture recording option
Part 4: How to Record Screen on Laptops for Free
If you are using Windows 10 on a laptop, there is a built-in screen recorder you can use - Windows 10 Game Bar. It is free and used. Windows 10 Game Bar is easy-to-use for beginners though it is designed for gamers. Below are the steps to make a screen recording.
- Open Windows 10 Game Bar: Go to Windows Settings. Then choose Gaming. Make sure the record game button is On. Then open the game bar with the default keyboard Win + G.
- Access to Game Bar: A notification will be pop-up, asking Do you want to open Game Bar? Click Yes below.
- Start recording: Now, you will see the Windows 10 Game Bar. Click the third icon to start recording. You can also record audio and webcam at the same time.
Above are the basic steps to screen record on a laptop. You can also broadcast videos to other platforms.
Recommend for Quick Choose: The Best Screenshot Software to Capture Audio/Video/Webcam
Well, there is an ample range of laptop screen recorders for you to choose from. So much that you will be completely absorbed in suggestions. But, to pick the best ones the above choices can help you.
Wondershare DemoCreator screen recorder now allows you to record the screen, the webcam, and the audio as well. As a screen recording and video editing toolkit, you don't need to switch software separately for screenshot and video editing.
What's more, DemoCreator offers many presets of titles & texts, transitions, overlays, filters, and elements, which is really a time saver for screen video creation on your Mac or Windows PC.
Just download the free trial version and furnish the clip today.
If you want to get a Top game recorder for Windows 11, you can click here to get a detailed guide.