- 1. Record your computer screen and webcam simultaneously.
- 2. Allow you to customize screen capture and frame rate .
- 3. Powerful editing tools and effects to enrich your video clips.
How to Record Screen for Windows 7 [4 Steps]
If you are a Windows 7 user, you may be disappointed because there is no built-in screen recording tool available to capture your desktop screen activity, webinar, or gameplay. Since there are so many screen recorders available for Windows, it is hard and time-consuming to choose the right one based on your needs. If you are looking for an easy-to-use screen recording software for Windows 7 yet providing both screen recording and video editing features with high quality (even for 4k recording), then DemoCreator Screen Recorder Software is one of your best choices.
The instructions below will introduce how to record your video, audio as well as a webcam on your Windows 7 in detail. Just download the screen recording software first and follow the steps to record your own screen video on Windows 7.
How to Record screen on Windows 7 [4 Steps]
Wondershare DemoCreator is an excellent screen recorder for windows 7. Simple yet efficient. It is good for videos, tutorials, reviews, walkthroughs, gameplay, and whatever you might be planning. So what basically sets it apart from the rest? Let’s dig a little bit deep.
First, install Wondershare DemoCreator. After installation, clicking the application will open a window with 3 options. Quick Capture, Video Editor and Get Started.
Get Started to customize settings properly as per what you are recording on Windows 7 and what settings suit that. There are 4 tabs on the left side.
Screen: Enable to record whatever is happening on the screen. There are a few setup options:
Screen capture: To set a full recording screen on Windows 7 or some portion for recording. Also, select a Frame rate between 15 to 120fps.
Audio: Enable for recording audio inputs. There are setting options to control how to record computer audio and the microphone.
Camera and Advanced (optional): Setting options include camera selection, resolution, and frame rate. You also can customize Hot keys for Start/Stop recording screen for Windows 7, Pause/Resume, and full-screen recording, and set where you want to save the file.
After finishing this click "Capture" to get started. The recording panel will open with a recording button, pause button, timer, and show the microphone, webcam, and desktop audio settings. These settings could be enabled or disabled through checkboxes. The clicking button will start the recording screen for Windows 7 after the countdown.
After the recording is finished it will load into the editor. An editor window will open with all the recorded clips. You can export recordings (all or selected ones) into the editor or to the local destination folder.
Next export clip to the editor for making things look professional. It's quite simple and basic. Drag and drop the video to the timeline. There are options to detach audio from video, split or cut video/audio, zoom in and out, etc. Editing options include
Cursor: You can adjust cursor appearance, opacity, and scale of visibility. You can highlight the cursor, set left click rings options, or adjust the left click sound.
Annotation: Text, effects or explanations, etc can be added. Annotations can be customized for text size, color, and font, etc. Different types of effects are also available on the website which can be used. Just add the effects where you want to add on the timeline and the duration for which you want to add it.
After editing clicks the export button to create a video. It can be saved as MP4, MP3, MOV, GIF. Do final settings about destination folder, name, and encoding/decoding, etc. and you are done.
Tips: Before starting, you must look into the system requirements including
Supported OS: Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 (64 bit OS recommended)
Processor: Intel or AMD processor, 2GHz or above
RAM: At least 2GB physical RAM (8GB required for HD and 4K videos)
Part 2: Why We Recommend Wondershare DemoCreator to Record Screen on Windows 7
What makes Wondershare DemoCreator a standout screen recorder for windows 7 are its powerhouse features, below are some Highlights of this Screen Recorder for Windows 7:
- Changeable cursor: Size, color, and shape adjustments as per need. Especially good for gameplay recording or tutorials where the cursor needs to be highlighted
- Built-in the editor: Easy and quick add on
- Simultaneous 2 device recording: Webcam and screen recordings at the same time. This enables the inevitable Picture in picture feature, especially for gameplays.
- Frame rate customization: Select between 15 to 120 fps as per need and the device speed. For game plays the option of 120fps is great especially for fast-paced games.
- Import and export file options: Compatible formats of around 50 and more audio, video, music, and media file extensions to import which is an added plus to make the final product look professional.
- Recording window customization: Full screen or some part of it.
- Annotations: Text or graphics for learning or explanation purposes. Similarly, circles and arrows could be drawn to draw attention. Great effect tools are present.
What makes Wondershare DemoCreator a stronger candidate to consider is its excellent design, efficient tools, simple editing, and great set of features, including 120 fps and PIP setting. What's more, you also can record the screen for windows 7. So if you are a window 7 user and want to make a tutorial, skip the hair-pulling frustration, and jump right at downloading Wondershare DemoCreator which no doubt is the best screen recorder for windows 7.