The Best way to video record yourself presenting a PowerPoint on Mac
There could be multiple reasons you need to record yourself and your presentation, including when taking a live class. Afterward, you need to upload the session recording to assist the students with revision purposes, or you might want to distribute your presentation to your office team members all over the world.
Nowadays, Tech YouTubers upload their presentations to YouTube to share their content with their audience. This allows them to reach more people and provide them with more ideas in a shorter period.
To upload a video to YouTube or any other social media platform, you must first convert your presentation into a video.
If you are a Mac user, you may be perplexed as to where to begin recording a PowerPoint presentation with Audio and Video in Mac. You might be looking for solutions to record yourself presenting, so in this article, we will be looking for some of the best applications for the solution of your problem.
The applications we will discuss may vary in the interface, mechanism, recorded video quality, pricing, and other features. Let's discuss some of the applications and their features which will help you record the video of yourself presenting on mac.
What you should know before creating a narrated video in Powerpoint
Microsoft PowerPoint includes recording audio narration and exporting it as a video. PowerPoint records audio on a slide-by-slide basis rather than in a single continuous file, allowing creators to easily re-record a slide if they make a mistake or need to change something later.
In this article, you'll learn how to narrate a PowerPoint presentation using either your voice or the new video narration feature. To begin, there are two tools you can use to narrate your PowerPoint slides.
- Record Audio is the legacy PowerPoint narration tool. Although it lacks some features, it is easier to open and use, and it comes in handy if you want to record a voice note on a slide.
The features of this tool include only voice narration is provided, and you can add narrations to one slide at a time.
- Record Slide Show is PowerPoint's latest and the best narration tool, offering two different types of narration as well as a variety of other options. The features of this tool include Voice narration, video narration, narrate an entire presentation at one time.
Recording your narration with PowerPoint
In this section, we will discuss in detail how to start recording narration with Powerpoint.
Enable Screen Recording
You must allow PowerPoint access to record your screen in macOS. This can be verified by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab. If you don't see PowerPoint listed, click here. The first time you go to record, you should be prompted. When prompted, select Allow.
Start the Recording
Navigate to the Slide Show tab on the ribbon to begin recording narrations in PowerPoint. To change the available options, click the Slide Show tab.
Make sure you begin recording audio and timings for the entire presentation on the first slide in PowerPoint. Now, locate and click the Record Slide Show button.
Recording with audio, video, and screen simultaneously
PowerPoint includes a built-in recorder that allows us to record our presentation. Your narrations can also be added to your PowerPoint presentation. You'll need Microsoft PowerPoints, a microphone, and a webcam for this.
To record your presentation using the built-in recorder, follow the steps below.
- In the 'Slideshow Tab,' select 'Record Slideshow.'
- To record your screen, go to the 'Insert' tab and select 'Screen Recording.'
Suppose you want to include audio in your presentation, select microphone from the recording menu. As needed, move the volume slider.
- You can also record camera video using your webcam. These video clips can be used as a Picture-in-Picture clip in your presentation.
- You can advance your slides while recording by using the arrow keys or the spacebar. You can also use the arrows located beneath the current slide. When you're finished with your slides, click the "End Show" button in the upper left corner.
- You will be asked if you want to save the slide timings you just recorded. If you're finished recording, click yes.
Save the recording
- Once you're happy with your recording, navigate to File > Export.
- Choose MP4 from the File Format drop-down menu. Select
- Presentation caliber. Use a width of 1,920 and a height of 1,080.
- Then select Export.
Recording a narrated video with DemoCreator on Mac
If you are looking for an application with more additional features to record a narrated video on Mac, then Wondershare DemoCreator is an option. It is the most suitable option for recording PowerPoint presentations.
This is because it quickly captures your presentations with narrations. This software provides Presenters with the most straightforward methods for creating product demo videos, lesson tutorials, gameplay videos, and more.
DemoCreator works flawlessly with your built-in webcam and microphone. It allows you to capture both your screen and your webcam simultaneously.
You can also select your video resolution and frame rate from this menu. By default, it will record the system audio. You can also turn off the system audio if you don't want to hear it.
It is most convenient because it is compatible with most USB built-in webcam mics. You can also highlight essential recording nodes for further editing.
To enhance your movies, captions, banners, Overlays, Arrows, and other Annotation options are available in DemoCreator. You can add colored stickers to your recordings to make your movie more lively and help your remarks be understood better.
DemoCreator screen recorder also includes easy-to-use editing tools for enhancing the video's creativity. You can clip, copy, speed up/slow down video, modify the border, combine, and change the volume, among other things.
This screen-recorder and video editorial manager has been perfecting the art of demo creation for more than ten years. It now gives Windows and Mac clients the best tools for recording, editing, and sharing demo recordings. Here are some of the key advantages of DemoCreator
- Without a doubt, you can record your voiceover without knowing anything about this software because it is so simple to use. Its features are all valuable and straightforward to use.
- DemoCreator does not require a powerful computer to run due to the use of this toolkit. It only requires a computer with 2 GB of RAM. This software is available in both Windows and Mac versions.
- Whether you want to adjust the volume of your recording or denoise it to remove background noise, the DemoCreator voice recorder and editor support the best audio editing features right after the recording.
- In addition to recording, the recording interface allows you to intuitively control the Encoder, Resolution, Framerate, and Bitrate.
- With a single click to the audio recording devices, you can customize the audio settings and the source.
- DemoCreator voice recording export options are also extensive. It allows you to import video, GIF, or audio-only files and Export them to your preferred format.
Step by step guide
- Start Wondershare DemoCreator on your computer. From the interface, select the "New Recording" button.
- To select the capture area, click 'Screen.' You can choose between full-screen recording, target window recording, and customized recording here.
- You can select between system audio and microphone audio in the 'Audio' section. Select your preferred 'Resolution' and 'Frame rate' from the 'Camera' menu. The advanced tab guides you through the process of selecting hotkeys.
- F10 is used to start and stop recording, while F9 is used to pause and resume.
- Launch PowerPoint when you're finished customizing and set it as the target recording window. Then, to begin recording, click the red circle.
Add narrated recording
It is the application that you will be able to use for any task and will provide you with the answer to the question of how to record PowerPoint with audio in Mac.
A screen recording tool has emerged as one of the most popular tools among content creators, where it is extremely useful in creating guides and tutorials. In addition to an improved screen recording tool, Wondershare DemoCreator is one of the best tools with integrated editors.
Here are the steps you must take to ensure that you complete the narrated recording with audio successfully.
- You must search for Wondershare DemoCreator in Safari or any other browser of your choice. The application is available for download and installation from the official website.
- Once the setup file has been saved to your computer, open it and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation. Wondershare provides a straightforward tool for recording PowerPoint with audio on Mac.
- Launch the application after it has been installed; it will take a few seconds to load. You will be given a small dashboard with only two buttons. Select New Recording.
- If you want to improve the overall quality of your recording, connect the external mic.
- When you click the New Recording button, you will be taken to a new dashboard. You will be able to set all of the necessary parameters here.
- One thing to keep in mind is that before you press the Red button to begin recording from this dashboard, you must first open the PPT.
- Users will be able to record the PPT by setting it to full screen or by configuring the Wondershare parameters to the specific area of the screen where the PPT is located.
- The PowerPoint record audio Mac file will be transferred to the application's integrated editor once it has been recorded. You will be able to customize the video according to your needs here.
Add voiceover when editing
Wondershare DemoCreator video editing software is a powerful tool for amateur and professional video creators. It can be used to create stunning voiceover videos such as narration, explainer videos, and tutorials.
The Wondershare DemoCreator app was created primarily for creating difficult voiceover videos. There are two methods to add voice over in DemoCreator;
Direct Audio Recording
This method necessitates the completion of six steps. Here are the steps,
- Get Wondershare DemoCreator Video Editor and install it.
- Check that your recording device is properly connected to your computer.
- Select the Quick Capture option.
- Disable the Screen Recording Zone
- Turn on Mic Recording.
- Begin recording
Recording Voice at Video Editor Panel
This method is especially useful when dubbing video files. After downloading and installing the Wondershare DemoCreator app, drag the video file to your Timeline and begin voice recording. To accomplish this, take the following steps:
- Check that your Recording Device is properly connected to your computer.
- Drag a video file onto the Timeline. If you only want to make audio and not videos, you can skip this step.
- Start recording by enabling the Voice Recorder.
Cut and add narrations for your explainer video
Once you have all of the necessary materials, you can begin working on your explainer video to create a masterpiece. You can use Wondershare DemoCreator to assist you with your project. This software has a tonne of features and is simple to use.
- To begin editing, go through your videos and trim and remove any snippets that you believe you want to discard. When you're satisfied with your final product, use Wondershare DemoCreator's fantastic features.
- You can add annotations to your video to make it more expressive. To add an annotation to your video, go to the annotation tab and choose the category you want to insert. For Callout Boxes, you can select from Dialogue Boxes, Arrows, Banners, and various shapes.
All professionals whose work requires them to use MS PowerPoint must be familiar with all of the quirks and features that the application has to offer.
If you want to record your presentation so that you can easily share it with colleagues and friends, MS PowerPoint is the one-stop solution for you. However, it has its limitations, and if you want an application with a wide range of features, Wondershare DemoCreator is an excellent choice.
Now you can record yourself presenting a Powerpoint presentation on Mac. You can use both the Powerpoint and Democreator to make your presentation a recorded video.
As we have discussed in detail about the features of both the applications, now you can use any of them to record your presentation as per your needs and wants.