How to Record Google Earth
The most important thing that we need to understand right now is education is the need of the hour. The Internet is the place where you can learn anything and everything. You must have heard of the Google Earth app and how interactive it can become when it comes to learning. The user interface is constantly improving, and there are certain areas where Google has managed to include some very practical features.
If you are a teacher who is taking a class or a student being in one, it might be the case that you want to record the class for a future reference or you want to share it with the students who were unable to attend the class; you will need to record Google Earth video so that the elaboration can get easier.
Way 1: Use Google Earth Built-in Recorder
The app is not only useful when it comes to educational guides; it is also a boon for the travelers out there. The Google Earth Pro allows users to use the footage in their projects, and it won't charge any royalty. The app itself is completely free to use, and here are the steps you will need to download the app.
- Launch a browser and enter google.com/earth. On the top-right, you will find a tab Earth Pro on Desktop.
- Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.Now, we will discuss the steps that you will need to follow to start recording on Google Earth.
- Launch the app, and it will greet you with a number of options and the full earth in the middle.
- In the search box on the top-left, enter the area that you want to give a tour of.
- Once you have selected and entered the location, in the options that you will get on the taskbar, there will be a Record/Camera icon. Click on it.
- As you will click the Record button, the app will give you a record and mic button on the bottom-left. If you are recording just the Google Earth app, you can use this mic button to give the video a voice-over.
- While the recording is going on, you can switch to as many places as you want. It will capture everything in super good quality.Once you are done, you will need to click on the same button to stop. It will give you a seamless playback of the recording. It will give you a compact control center.
- To save the footage on your device locally, you can click on the Save icon present in the control center.
Way 2: Record Google Earth on PC and Mac with DemoCreator
While you are wondering about the recording method to choose when it comes to recording crisp animations, we are going to introduce you to advanced software that will handle everything for you. However, there is one thing that you need to keep in mind, and that's the smoothness in the animations and transitions will significantly depend on the system specifications.
Once you have installed the Wondershare DemoCreator on the system, it's time to follow the steps below to start recording.
- Launch the app, and you will be greeted by a very intuitive dashboard. First, it will ask you to select the new recording or jump directly to the editor for any recorded video.
- Once you select the New Recording, it will give you another dialog box with a number of features. In the middle, you will get to set up the recording area.
- Moving on the further right, it will give you mic and webcam options. You can simply enable/disable the mic, webcam, and system sounds.
- Once the DemoCreator is configured according to you, it's time to hit the Record button. But before that, we recommend launching the Google Earth app.
- Find the location you want to record, and hit the Record button on the DemoCreator. You can also use the hotkeys F10 and F9 to start/stop the recording.
- As soon as you stop it, it will take you to an integrated editor. You can make some basic tweaks to enhance the footage.
Way 3: Use OBS to Record a Tour in Google Earth
We hope that the question of how to record a tour on Google Earth is answered by now, it's time to make you familiar with a couple of methods that will make the overall experience even easier. We are going to discuss the OBS Studio here and how this open-source software will give you a wide range of options and features.
Without any further adieu, it's time to dive into the steps right away.
- Download the app from its website, and don't forget to download the right version by selecting the correct one from Windows/macOS/Linux.
- Launch the app and make sure that Google Earth Pro is also running and ready to be captured. On the OBS dashboard, you will find a number of options that will need to be configured.
- On the bottom-left, you will get the tab to add Scenes/Sources. These sources will be the areas where you want the Studio to record.
- Next to it, it will give you all the controls related to the audio settings. If you want to change a few more settings, you will need to go to the Settings tab present on the right.
- As soon as you select the right tabs, the blank screen will display what is going to be recorded.
- Now, you can click on the Start Recording button, and it will give you a buffer period of 3 seconds.
Way 4: Record Google Earth Online with Screencast-o-Matic
Apart from the open-source and completely free screen recording tool like OBS Studio, there are also some other options you can go for. One among them is Screencast-o-Matic, it's a web tool that will be operated using a locally installed application. Here are the steps you will need to follow to start recording.
- Launch the browser and reach the Screencast-o-Matic website to start the installation process. We would highly recommend signing up on the website for a better experience.
- Get back to the homepage and click on the Start Recording tab.As you will click on this tab, there will be a dialog box that will appear up. You will need to allow certain permissions to start with the recording.
- As you will get done with the permissions, the chrome tab will take a few moments to launch the app.
- Next up, you will get a control center and a selection tool to select which part of the screen you want to record. The control center will give you a prompt to record either the webcam or the screen. You can also go with the 'Both' option.
- In the free version, you will only get to record up to 15 minutes of video. Now, before hitting the Rec button, you should open up the Google Earth page on Chrome or any browser that you are using and make it ready to record.The interface will also allow you to set the size/resolution of the recording; you can also go to Full Screen or 720p/480p.
- The Preferences section will also give you another set of options that are focused on making the recording process easier. You will also get to configure the hotkeys, countdown time, cursor positions, and more.
- Once everything is done, you can hit the Rec button to start.
Google Earth is an app that has turned out to be quite useful, and a number of travel guides are using it as a tool to make content. We hope that this article must be able to clear the confusion on can you record Google Earth and the methods that we have discussed here are also quite simple and straightforward.