10 Best Screen Capture software for Windows 10- Free & Paid
If you came here for searching for the best free and paid applications of 2021 to record the screen in Windows 10, then you are in the right place because by the end of this article,
you will get all the knowledge about what good screen recording software is, what it contains, and how it works; besides this, we will tell you the ten best applications that you can use to record your screen for free in Windows 10.
Searching for the right application on the internet is also a problem because nowadays, thousands of applications are there on the internet, and many of those never provide what they advertised.
But, here, all your confusion will vanish in thin air because below, you will see the best applications along with their features, working mechanisms, pricing, pros, and cons, etc. So, let us deep dive.
Why you will need a screen recorder for Windows10
Now, the question arises why you would need a screen recorder on Windows 10. Well, there are endless opportunities that will make you download the right screen recorder in Windows 10 to record your screen. Let's discuss some situations in which you extensively need a screen recorder.
In this digital era and with the emergence of the pandemic, we all are working, learning, and meeting with everyone virtually. We are also playing virtually. A screen recorder in the educational area helps both teacher and the instructor.
A teacher interacts with the screen recorder heavily on a daily basis, a professional office worker or a manager always needs a good screen recorder to record the presentations, etc.
A gamer uses a screen recorder all the time to record his or her gameplays. Well, the situations are endless, but the solution is only one, and that is the right screen recorder with the best video editing features.
10 screen capture in Windows10 and Windows11
In this section, you will get familiar with the ten best applications of 2021, both paid and free to record your screen in Windows 10 and Windows 11. All the applications below vary in features, working mechanisms, pricing, pros, and cons but all the applications provide the same service that is recorded in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
1. Wondershare DemoCreator
DemoCreator is a dazzling and exciting application that is on the trend in 2021 because of its services to users on the internet. DemoCreator was developed and launched by Wondershare, a well-known company that provides video editing and other useful services.
- DemoCreator has a powerful video editor which allows the users to do any type of editing on videos. The application allows you to add annotations, transitions, captions, songs, pieces of music, texts, colors, etc., to your videos. With the DemoCreator editor, you can cut, trim, rotate your videos on any ratio or angle.
- With the audio facility and feature of the DemoCreator, the user is allowed to do editing on the audio of the videos. You can add, remove, snub, fade voice from the background; the application also allows you to add music and songs to the background.
- With DemoCreator, you can also add voice overs to your videos. DemoCreator has huge numbers of video editing resources. The application integrates more than five hundred video editing resources, according to the developers.
- Not only video editing, but DemoCreatpr has the most powerful screen recorder that you can utilize to record your screens in Windows 10 and Windows 11. The application allows you to record your screen, webcam, microphone all at the same time or separately.
- The application has all the features for screen recording. A user can write on the screen, pan and zoom, magnify, set ratios and resolutions while recording the screen or microphone.
- You can also do live streaming with DemoCreator. The application is the best option for social media content creators. DemoCreator provides the best options and tools for gamers to record the gameplays anytime. The application has a separate feature to record gameplays efficiently.
How to record Windows10 with DemoCreator
Recording the screen on Windows 10 using DemoCreator is very easy. All you have to do is download and install the application and launch it after installing.
- Open the application by double-clicking on it.
- The pop-up window will prompt you to choose the recording options like Screen + Webcam, Screen Only, Game Mode.
- In this article, we will tell you how to record screens only on the DemoCreator.
- Select the Screen Only option.
- After selecting the option, a small horizontal window will appear to ask you to set the recording settings. The settings include Capture Area, System Audio, Microphone, Webcam.
- The same window also includes the red round button to start the recording. Set all the options according to you, and then click on the red button to start and stop the recording.
- You can also set the Hotkeys to boost your productivity.
Features of DemoCreator
The application has more than five hundred video editing and screen recording features. Some of the best and extensively used features are listed below.
- The application allows you to write and perform other options while recording the screen. You just have to press Shift+Ctrl+D to open and close the editing taskbar.
- The application provides you with the resolution, frame rate, and byte rate.
- You can also crop video to 16:9, 4:3, 1:1, 9:16 ratio.
- DemoCreator allows you to import your PowerPoint presentations to edit them further directly.
- You can easily scale, rotate, and trim video.
- With the editing features of DemoCreator, you can add annotations, captions, stickers, and transitions to your video.
- DemoCreator is an all-in-one video editing and screen recording application.
- The application is easy to use and has a wonderful user interface.
- Some of the features are not free to use.
2. Windows 10’s built-in Game bar
Another best option to record screens on Windows 11 and Windows 10 is the Microsoft game bar that is natively available on the Windows Platform.
Microsoft game bar is specifically developed for recording the gameplays, and that's why it does not contain other features for recording screens. The application does not allow you to record the whole screen or a specific part of it.
- Launch the game bar on Windows 11 and install it first on Windows 10.
- After launching the application, you will get multiple small screens on your window.
- Click on the Start Recording button to start the recording.
- The application has all the features for gamers to record the gameplays.
- You cannot record other parts of the screen or an entire window.
3. OBS Studio
OBS studio is also a great option that allows you to record the Windows 11 and Windows 10 screens for free. The application is completely free to use. You can easily download it from the OBS studio site.
Recording with OBS studio is very easy.
- Download and install the application.
- After installing the application, launch it by double-clicking on its icon.
- The application will automatically add the Scene for the window that you would record.
- Right next to Scenes, navigate to the Sources Now, click on the +iconat the bottom of the panel.
- Click on the Display Capturefrom the options menu.
- Click the title and click on Ok.
- The application is completely free and open-source.
- OBS Studio is a lightweight software.
- The application lacks many important features.
4. Flashback Express
Flashback Express is another free option for you that allows you to record the Windows 10 and Windows 11 screens efficiently. You can use many application features like capturing the entire screen or the specific part of the screen, adding webcam footage to your recording, audio commentary, no watermarks, etc.
With Flashback Express, you can record on a multi-monitor system. The application allows you to schedule your recording that will automatically start and stop the recordings in the meantime.
- The application is very easy to use.
- The user interface is very exciting.
- You can use it for free on the Windows platform.
- The application is not completely free. You have to choose the pricing option for the most advanced features.
BandiCam is a fantastic video editing and screen recording application that is bundled with all the options and tools that you will require while editing and recording. The application provides very powerful features for recording gameplays.
BandiCam makes its users record the gameplays at 4K UHD resolution up to 144 FPS. The application allows you to record any part of the screen or the entire screen. You can also record your microphone and webcam with BandiCam.
- The application has many features for video editing and screen recording like real-time drawing on the screen, adding webcam overlay, mouse effects, audio features, etc.
- The application is completely free to use and you have to opt for the pricing option for the advanced features.
Camtasia is a highly professional screen recorder that is not available for free. The application has the most advanced and unique features because of the pricing options. The application provides fast and efficient features that suffice the users to record and edit the screens.
Camtasia has over 14 million users. The application provides customizable intros, outros, and lower third. The application provides no option to remove the watermarks.
- You can use the Camtasia recording and editing templates to boost your productivity.
- The application allows you to add themes, effects, filters, etc.
- You can efficiently record your screen and use all the features that are developed for recording purposes.
- Camtasia is very expensive to use.
Screen-O-Matic provides you with all the editing and recording features that will help you a lot in remote working and learning. The application allows you to do basic recording and editing completely for free.
You can also play with the audio features of the Screen-O-Matic and edit your audio in multiple ways. The application allows you to click and drag to select the area you want to capture or record.
- The application allows you to edit and record your videos with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Screen-o-Matic has a powerful user interface.
- The application is very easy to use.
- You can also backup your videos easily on cloud platforms.
- Advanced features are not free to use.
8. IceCream Screen Recorder
Icecream screen recorder is available completely free on the internet that allows the users to capture and record the Windows 10 and Windows 11 screens efficiently. The application allows the users to record and edit the audio also. With Icecream Screen Recorder, you can add text, arrows, and shapes to your screen recording or screenshot.
The application provides all the features and tools that will help you to record and save the webinars, live streams, and other social media content.
- With Icecream Screen Recorder, you can add your logos to the recordings.
- You can easily record your gameplays and upload them on multiple social media platforms.
- There are no cons to the Icecream Screen Recorder.
9. Debut Video Capture
Debut Video Capture is another great option for you that can be downloaded and used for free. The application has all the features and tools that will help you record the screens.
You can record the entire screen or the specific part of it. The application has all the color and video effects that a user might require while recording the screens. You can also record your webcams efficiently with the Debut Video Capture.
- You can add captions and timestamps easily with the Debut Video Capture.
- You can also capture from the Network IP camera or other devices.
- The application allows you to add multiple video file formats.
- Debut Video Capture has no advanced features required in the digital era.
Finally, you can also use ShareX, a wonderful application that provides video editing and screen recording services. The application has more than hundreds of video editing and screen recording tools and features.
- The application allows you to identify borders on screens to allow easy captures.
- You can also use the shortcut keys.
- The application allows you to capture in the scrolling view.
- You can also add image annotation.
Now, you have all the options to record your screens and edit recordings with the best applications of 2021. We recommend our readers to use the DemoCreator as the application has all the tools and features that you will require to record the screen on Windows 10 and Windows 11.