Top 10 Online Screen Recorder for Windows
Screen recording, as the name suggests, means recording your screen either partially or fully. Which is a great tool and could be used for various different purposes. Be it for making tutorials, game strategies, collecting evidence, giving instructions or sharing information. It used to be a very challenging task earlier, but thanks to online screen recorders for Windows, it is now simple and straightforward.
What is an online screen recorder?
Online screen recorder is basically a software that allows you to record the footage or the window of your desktop and save it for future use. Not only that, it also lets you edit, crop, recycle, and upload it on many online forums.
You do not need to install or download an app to get this done. You can use it anywhere and anytime which saves you energy, and the total storage space is hence also conserved because you don’t really download something for this on your computer.
Why do we require an Online screen recorder?
Screen recording can become an essential instrument for people who want to conduct online classes, do product demonstrations, marketing-related projects, etc. But the built-in screen recorder in most computers is not good enough functionality-wise to make sure that the pixels remain intact. Furthermore, it does not even let you edit it according to your liking, or share it on a platform of your choice, which is another problem.
If you are facing any one of the above problems, then congratulations! You have landed at the correct site. Here I will discuss the top 10 online recorders for Windows and their advantages and disadvantages.
Without any further ado, let's get started.
Top list of online screen recorder for Windows
According to the expert’s opinion, the list should include the following ten options. I will write their pros and cons, and then it is for you to decide which one works best for you.
Wondershare DemoAir is one of the best online screen recorders on the market and provides its amazing services to a very large user base, and that too, at no cost. With its unique and vast features, it has set the bar too high for all of its competitors.
- It is free, user-friendly, and extremely easy to get a hold of.
- It is easily compatible with Windows and allows you to select the portion of the screen that you want to be recorded.
- Provides you with multiple editing options.
- It has multiple options that can be used to navigate throughout your video to get your message across.
- You can easily export and share the videos via Google Classroom, WhatsApp, Gmail, YouTube, etc.
- If the internet connection is not strong enough, your video will turn out to be blurry.
- Where it does offer many useful features, it also doesn’t have many essential features. For one, it doesn’t let you edit the audio.
Link to DemoAir: https://demoair.wondershare.com/
2. AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder
AceThinker Video Master is a multimedia platform that works on both Mac and Windows. If you’re looking for something simple yet unique, which lets you choose from its array of features, then AceThinker is the best online screen recorder for you.
- It is a very comprehensible software.
- Quick, light, and dependable are three words that come to mind while describing it.
- All you need is this platform to edit, convert, and download videos.
- The sheer quality of tools that AceThinker provides its users with is commendable.
- You can convert your video to any video format of your preference, and this feature makes AceThinker different and special.
Link to Acethinker: https://www.acethinker.com/
- It is not free; only a handful of features are allowed for free.
- There is no advanced video editing available.
- Sharing is not that easy.
Apowersoft is one of the best online screen recorders for Windows because of its easy accessibility and usage. It’s a multi-functional recorder whose purpose is to record every single happening on the screen. Apowersoft is such a fulfilling app that sometimes you won't even consider any other option apart from this!
- It is extremely very user friendly and is a very lightweight recorder.
- It provides with various options to select from.
- The videos recorded are of very high quality.
- It allows for the user to record audio along with the video
- It is highly flexible and customizable.
- It is not a free app.
- The content on the auxiliary screen is not captured by Apowersoft Screen Recorder.
- There aren't any effective file management tools available.
Link to Apowersoft: https://www.apowersoft.com/
4. Panopto Express
Panopto Express has made video making and recording so much easier that it literally requires two steps. Start it and then record it. As basic as that. It then provides you with a high-quality video. You just need to attach a webcam or any other external source to record the video, and the Panopto Express, just as the name implies, provides you with the best screen recording and editing features.
- Easy to access and use.
- Provides with multiple tools and specialized features also.
- Sharing it on multiple social media platforms as well as google classroom and emails is very easy and manageable.
- It doesn’t buffer a lot.
- The playback speed is fast.
- Multiple videos can be viewed simultaneously and switching in between videos is also a feature it gives.
- Free trial is also available
- It is not a free software and requires money.
- If you want too advanced editing, then this is not for you.
Libk to Panopto Express: https://www.panopto.com/record/
FlexClip is another great app that helps in making great videos. It requires very little time and effort to produce professional-level videos. It is used by people all over the globe for various different reasons. Videos include marketing videos, teaching videos, lecture videos, design videos, and sometimes even personal life videos. It’s a wonderful experience, and the end product is also great.
- It is cheaper than most of its competent providing similar services.
- It has many options for editing.
- There’s a plethora of templates to use from.
- You can export your video to various platforms very easily.
- It allows you to add content in it which helps in providing a better understanding of the video for your viewer.
- Text to speech option is not available.
- Certain features increase the time of making massively.
Link to FlexClip: https://www.flexclip.com/
VEED Video Editor is a simple yet powerful video-editing programme that lets you make high-quality videos and efficient screen recordings. Through VEED, you can make exemplary videos with no professional help, just basic internet knowledge. Yes, it is that easy. If you’re a beginner, I definitely suggest you go for VEED. It's one of the greatest screen recorders for Windows and iOS. It's user-friendly and easy to navigate through.
- It is extremely easy to use.
- It is very basic and offers you numerous options for editing.
- You can add subtitles to it, auto-sync it, or add it manually.
- Their customer service is remarkable since they have a small and close-knit team, which means they will always respond to your queries regardless of how large or small they are.
- They have excellent reviews; mostly all of their customers love them.
- Its free plan has a lot to offer. You can easily screen record and edit without having to buy it.
- Since it is a relatively new project, it has a lot of room for improvement.
- Subtitles are only available on the paid plan; it would be ideal if they were also free.
- Sometimes the software comes across as too basic. More tools, stickers, and editing features could be added to make it complete.
- Some consumers have complained about bugs, which is a rather small issue as most people have not faced it and this problem normally occurs in the initial phases of inventing such software.
- The chat customer service is great. But not the on-call one. The satisfaction customers get while explaining their complaints verbally and getting the response explained is always appreciated.
Link to Veed: https://www.veed.io/
When talking about screen recordings, it would be unfair to not mention about Clipchamp. It is an exceptionally great online service provided for recording the screen, especially for windows. It has a lot to offer. From trimming, to cropping, adding titles to adding titles. It is a multilayered video screen recording and video editing forum that also allows you store the content in cloud storage.
- Its user-created structure makes it simple to use and comprehend.
- Clipchamp follows the fundamental drag and drop process for video editing and screen recording, which allows the content maker to make complex multilayered videos, but also allows them to simply combine a couple of videos.
- Multiple graphics, sounds, videos, and gifs are present to enhance the quality of your video.
- Another great feature that Clipchamp provides you with is that you can easily add more content from anywhere on the PC or the cloud.
- It has another feature that lets you choose a colour palette so that the visuals of your video look uniform and professional from the beginning to the end of your video.
- The biggest drawback of Clipchamp for me is its high price. A free version is available, but the pixels and graphics aren’t that great and the price is too high for some to consider buying it. You can use other similar apps instead of Clipchamp, which provide you with somewhat similar services for free.
- The synchronisation ability of this app is also a disappointment.
- Weirdly enough, Clipchamp works amazingly on Microsoft Edge but doesn’t support Mozilla Firefox.
Link to Clipchamp: https://clipchamp.com/en/
One of the most popular free online screen recorders for Windows is RecordCast. It is a web-based tool that can be used with a variety of popular browsers to capture your computer screen without the need to install a startup application or plug-in. The best part is that you can use the built-in video editor present in the app to edit your videos without the worry of a watermark.
- It is available for both Microsoft and macOS.
- It is very well constructed software that caters to a greater audience because of how simple it is to use. The coherent navigation system is a plus point.
- It is completely online and does not require anything to be downloaded on your desktop for it to function, which saves you a lot of storage space.
- Not only does it record the screen, it also records the audio. which is great for recording meetings, game recording, conferences, webinars, or even classroom lectures.
- It provides you with a variety of inbuilt video editing functions to improve the standard of your video and make it easy to comprehend.
- It does not favour working on all browsers; only a limited number of browsers are supported.
- It is, however, beginner-friendly, but still very limited. You can not record for more than five minutes in a single video. The video quality can only go up to 480p and the intro shot will always come at the beginning of each video.
- Even if you are paying for the "plus" plan, you can still not record for more than 30 minutes per video.
Link to RecordCast: https://www.recordcast.com/
The reason why Bandicam is so prevalent and loved amongst content creators and tech workers is how sought-after it is. Not just that, Bandicam is also very easy to use thanks to its comprehensible user interface. This programme enables you to record your screen along with the audio and webcam of your desktop or laptop.
- Bandicam has a variety of screen recording options as well as an accessible and simple to use setup, making it a good choice for active users.
- It is especially good for gamers if they like recording their game strategies or good wins because of its high quality.
- Bandicam also has numerous recording modes, such as video recording, game recording, device recording, and screen recording.
- It is designed in a way that supports Windows exceptionally well.
- It is only for Windows users and supports no other operating systems.
- It does not have video editing tools.
- If you use the free version, then a watermark will appear on it.
Link to Bandicam: https://www.bandicam.com/free-screen-recorder/
Screencastify, a software for Chrome is a basic video screen capturing programmer which provides you with a variety of tools along with screen recording. It has a very simple and well articulate design plan making it a favorite amongst users. It is especially popular amid school lecture recordings as it is straightforward and can be easily shared with students.
- Pre-recording is very easy through Screencastify. It gives you an opportunity to edit or crop the video after it is recorded, so you can only finalise the part of the screen in the video that you are interested in keeping.
- Most screen recorders are easy to use and very manageable, but for some reason, the way this app is designed, users love it. According to them, it has a very trouble-free and direct navigating system.
- One of the best aspects of this programme is that it can also be used offline.
- It comes with a free version and has many editing tools present in it.
- Captured videos can easily be shared on different online forums.
- The customer service is mediocre at best.
- There is a watermark on the free version.
- Videos can't be recorded for more than ten minutes in the free version.
- Recordings sometimes take a while to download on the computer, so editing takes time because you can't start editing right away, which is a disadvantage.
Link to Screencastify: https://www.screencastify.com/
Desktop Screen Recorder Recommendation
After this extensive and detailed review of multiple screen recorders, I will share some other options for you to look into. The first one is Adobe Premiere Pro. I believe it is the boss of all screen recorders and video editors, a pioneer. Screenrec is another great option if you want to quickly screen record your screen and instantly share it with someone. It has no ads or limitations.
VideoProc Converter is also an amazing option as it too is watermark free in the free version. It can record the entire screen or a portion of it, with or without audio. If you’re a gamer, then the Gamebar is what you should use. Movavi screen recorder is a very fast, user-friendly screen recorder that makes high-quality videos with good audio. DemoCreator is also a great option which has every property I have discussed before amalgamated into this one program.
DemoCreator was introduced by Wondershare as a platform on which one can record videos and edit them altogether without having to jump between different software and apps. DemoCreator has a broad variety of formats, giving its users a plethora of choices. It is highly affordable and has a tremendously smooth user interface. It is an all-in-one kind of programme that allows you to record and edit videos for various purposes. to make tutorials, memorandums, demos, or to save an office meeting.
DemoCreators is one of the kinds of programmes that provide you with seamless transitions, subtitles, green screen, annotations, and what not. I highly recommend DemoCreator!
Even the best free screen capturing software comes with its own set of benefits and drawbacks. At the end of the day, the tool's recording capabilities—what you can do with it—are just as crucial as its efficiency. How quickly you can record and share your computer screen
So, before you decide on screen recording software, consider your individual recording requirements. Maybe you don't need to share your films on social media, and you don't need to record in high definition. I hope this article will help you with your final decision.