Best 15 Screen Recorder with Facecam and Audio
The pandemic came with so many changes to our lifestyles. Suddenly, the need to work from home experienced an upsurge, and now almost everyone is finding a better way of working efficiently remotely. If you’re a tutor or YouTuber and like to do screen recordings of your computer screen, you surely do need a reliable screen recorder with facecam and audio. These applications come in handy to create video tutorials, how-to videos, remote online lessons, or show how skilled you’re with your gameplay.
But with so many screen recorders in the market, how do you find the best for whichever operating system you’re using? This post will review the most popular and robust screen recorders for Windows, Mac, mobile devices, and web-based versions.
Best 4 Screen Recorder with Facecam and Audio for Windows 10
Windows 10 is one of the sleekest operating systems ever built, and Microsoft has been doing version updates to make it more stable. Despite that, finding robust applications for the most crucial tasks on the OS can be a little daunting.
When it comes to finding a screen recorder with facecam and audio, there is quite a number that we’ve tried out and found to be reliable. Let’s review the best four, starting with the most robust.
DemoCreator is among the most reliable Windows-compatible screen recorder available for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. With the app, you can record just anything with audio on your screen and include a window for your face.
The screen recorder is robust, easy-to-use software built independently by Wondershare. It can do a lot more and allow you to record everything that your PC does, from PowerPoint presentations, class sessions, and tutorials. The real-time drawing capability lets you draw on the screen, which is useful for demonstrations during a class session.
Despite all these excellent capabilities, the program is simple and features a video editing suite that you can use to edit your screen recordings. Plus, the editor allows you to import other video files and include them in your main recording. You can do much more with the editor, including rotating, cutting, and cropping clips. The program also allows you to add personalized cursor effects, annotations, green screen features, transitions, and more.
Also, Wondershare DemoCreator allows you to export screen recordings as GIF, MOV, or MP4. The application creators offer it for free, but you can access the premium features with a monthly subscription.
- The most robust, easy-to-use, and feature-filled screen recorder with facecam and audio for Windows.
- Supports real-time screen recording with drawing capabilities.
- Supports setting the screen area to be recorded.
- Elegant video enhancement features, including green-screen effects, annotations, and transitions.
- Offers advanced audio manipulation features, including audio fade in and fade out and microphone audio capture.
- Webcam capture allows users to capture themselves while recording simultaneously, useful for web gaming.
- Offers video editing tool that supports trimming, cutting, and splitting videos. Also, users can resize their videos and add effects.
- Users can import external videos into the application and merge them with the video recording.
- Most features useful to online gamers and tutors are mainly available in the premium package.
- DemoCreator is available for Windows and Mac, but not mobile devices.
- It offers a free package, but videos will have a watermark.
Bandicam screen recorder software was initially built by a Taiwanese firm called Bandisoft, which later became Bandicam Company. The software operates in three main modes; screen recording mode allows you to choose an area of your screen to record. The device recording mode can capture recordings of the HDMI devices and webcam. The game recording mode records an OpenGL or DirectX created target.
Bandicam is the next most versatile screen recorder that offers facecam and audio capture on Windows. Whether you’re a professional, student, or an amateur at what you do, this software will let you easily record your online content, create screencasts, capture screenshots, and more.
When it comes to editing videos, Bandicam supports real-time screen drawing, audio recording, webcam overlays, and mouse-click effects, among others. The software also offers a direct share feature to post your videos on Vimeo, YouTube, et cetera.
One of the unique features of this screen recorder is that it allows you to set a particular time when automatic recording can begin, either daily or weekly. If you’re a gamer using heavy-duty gaming graphics, such as DirectX. OpenGL, or Vulkan, Bandicam is your go-to screen recorder with facecam and audio.
If you’d like to edit your videos, the Bandicut video editor enables trimming, cutting, and joining multiple videos into a single file. It records in the AVI or MKV formats and saves files in the MP4 or FLV formats. It can also take screenshots in JPG, PNG, or BMP.
- Intuitive interface that’s very simple to figure out and use.
- Very lightweight launches fast and use less computing resources.
- Records 4K ultra HD video.
- Bandicam is very lightweight, uses fewer computing resources to launch, and runs fast.
- Records OpenGL, DirectX, UWP, and Vulkan games in HD.
- Supports recording of external devices with HDMI ports and webcams.
- Screen drawing supported while in screen recording mode.
- Bandicam receives feature updates regularly hence experiences very few technical hitches.
- The video editing feature, Bandicut, is available at an additional cost.
- The free version adds a watermark to every recorded video.
Screen Recorder Pro for Win10
Another powerful screen recorder with facecam and audio that you can rely on for all your screen recording needs is the Screen Recorder Pro for Win10. The application was built and is maintained by Apowersoft, a Hong Kong-based tech company known for producing many other software solutions.
Screen Recorder Pro for Win10 has a more professional interface than most other screen recorders. And it bundles that perk with ease of use, enabling just anyone to record high-definition videos with audio. It’s purposely built for Windows 10, particularly version 14393.0 and higher, hence cannot run on lower OS versions.
The software can record videos in many formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, WEBM, WMV, and MKV. Additionally, you can export recorded videos to the format of your choice without affecting the video quality.
If you’re looking for a screen recorder that does just that, with not so many other features on top, the Screen Recorder Pro for Win10 is your go-to application. It can take screenshots and save the images in PNG and JPG. It can also capture screencasts in AVI, MP4, and GIF format. Also, if you want to record a specific screen region, you can.
Also, it can record both microphone and application audio, hence ideal for recording video game sessions, tutoring classes, demonstrations, etc. Screen Recorder Pro for Win10 also allows editing recorded videos by trimming and setting the start and end times.
If you want to set an auto-record session, the Screen Recorder Pro for Win10 allows you to pick a time when you’d like the recording to be captured. Also, you can add visual effects, watermarks, and annotations.
- Screen Recorder Pro for Win10 offers a free online version similar to the desktop-based one.
- An easy-to-use interface with non-complex features.
- It comes with an Around Mouse mode that enables users to use an instructional method to capture screen recordings of their activities.
- A powerful recording feature that allows users to record internal and external systems is PCs audio and microphones, hence ideal to use with Google Talk, Skype, etc.
- Supports recording the webcam views in HD videos.
- Features a robust video editing tool, supporting editing in real-time or later.
- Allows adding annotations, texts, or highlighting.
- Supports integrations with other applications, including YouTube Uploader, iOS Recorder, and Video Editor.
- Available for free
- Video editor is not straightforward and can confuse new users.
- Offers limited features.
- Bug interference can occur when recording HD video games.
OBS Studio is among the most popular screen recorder with facecam and audio available as an open-source with complex features. If you’ve been looking for a screen recorder for game streaming, OBS can do it to YouTube and Twitch. It’s an excellent software with great features, but probably a little too much for someone looking for a quick and straightforward game screen capture software.
If you’re a little techy and can tweak software settings, you won’t have any challenges using OBS Studio. It packs plenty of settings and features with fantastic flexibility to be explored. The application creators understand how complex the software can get; that’s why they’ve included a help wizard to guide users on how to optimize the software for recording or streaming videos.
You’ll find OBS more useful, especially when you’ve got a multiscreen setup; one screen solely for your game while the other for OBS display. The good thing with the software is that it doesn’t pop annoying in-game overlays but manages everything from the background.
Also, you’ll need to prompt OBS Studio to commence with the streaming or recording after you’ve started playing or just before. Unless you’re after something more than just simple screen recording, OBS is really deep, offers more power, and can do more than you can imagine; hence not ideal for you.
- It’s a free open-source screen recorder hence no subscriptions or fees are charged.
- It is continually updated with great features since it’s open-source.
- It offers a wide range of excellent features with plugin support to expand those features.
- Equipped with an excellent encoder, it can record high-quality videos with a small file size, making sharing easier.
- On-screen elements and overlays are easier to use.
- Highly customizable.
- Offers easy switching between various pre-made scenes.
- It’s lightweight and can run concurrently with heavy-duty gaming applications.
- Supports video live streaming on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
- It’s complex to set up requires user manuals and a guide to understand several features.
- It lacks the undo option; hence mistakenly deleted scenes cannot be restored.
- It can be hard to tell whether the program is still running or has terminated.
Best 3 Free Screen Recorder with Audio and Facecam on Mac
Are you a Mac enthusiast who does lots of gaming, presentations, or YouTube tutorials and needs an easier way to record your screen with audio and facecam? There are plenty of screen recorders with facecam and audio, but finding one that does things intuitively and is not so difficult to use is something else.
Luckily, we’ve done some research and found these three screen recorders for Mac that are excellent for any user.
The paid versions of screen recording software offer useful features but can seem a little more expensive to a casual user. On the other hand, the free options can take screen recordings and screenshots but don’t offer the powerful features that professional users seek.
But Screencast-O-Matic screen recorder is a different type of software because it brings both features of free and paid recorders into one useful bundle. Its free version offers highly intuitive screen recording features plus sharing and collaborative content management services.
This software has an easy-to-use leading screenshot tool and recorder, editing features including video and image editor. You’ll also find the collaborative sharing and hosting features quite useful if you’re a content creator who posts regular videos on social sites. The great thing about that is that you can generate and edit your videos even when offline.
Screencast-O-Matic also harbors plenty of audio features, such as the voice-over and smart narration tools that can record multiple audio and edit seamlessly. It’s also integrated with collaborative and productivity tools like Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, and Zoom so you can record meetings and edit the videos as desired.
Within a few minutes, you can achieve a lot with this screen recorder with facecam and audio, such as recording your screen and webcam, importing videos, and mixing multiple clips. The video editor allows you to enhance your recorded videos and add shapes, texts, images, import audio, etc. Screencast-O-Matic also supports adding animations, fun effects, and transitions to keep your viewers engaged.
With the drag and drop features of the content manager, you can effortlessly search filters, content channels, content folders, and more. It also offers content sharing with privacy controls so only the intended audience can get the content. There’s just so much to do with Screencast-O-Matic. You only need to find what serves your needs as it’s almost impossible to exhaust all the features.
- It’s easy to use and navigate; anyone can use it for the first time without issues.
- Screencast-O-Matic will easily record your screen and webcam simultaneously without lagging your Mac.
- The free version offers plenty of full features, unlike the free version of other screen recorders.
- Premium video editing allows users to enhance the quality of recordings.
- It offers an amazing screencast quality, allowing users to try out different features and tools to improve the output.
- Highly intuitive and responsive with easy video sharing features to YouTube.
- OCR functionality is not available.
- Image exported in PNG format only.
- Scroll capture support is not available.
QuickTime Player has become a default screen recorder with facecam and audio for many Mac users simply because it comes bundled with the OS. It is the perfect way to record your computer screen and create a video in minutes. It offers basic tools for editing and mixing video clips, ideal for creating video tutorials from another application.
Although this application supports editing, you can’t do complex video editing like other screen recording software. It allows you to trim clips and combine multiple videos into one file.
QuickTime Player is actually more of a media player than a screen recording tool but comes with plenty of features to make it a valuable tool for tutors and content creators. It works perfectly well with videos created using an Apple device but poorly with imported files or downloaded videos.
Additionally, its user-friendly UI makes it easier to record a screencast. Since it’s a media player, you can play a movie and record it simultaneously and add to quick edits. Video editing features on QuickTime Player include splitting clips and flipping videos.
After creating your videos, you can share the videos created on your desired channels. A major downside to QuickTime Player is that it can only record your voice when recording audio. Also, the screen recording functionality is limited to producing .mov file formats only. Generally, QuickTime Player is a media player with basic screen recording and editing features that can be useful to anyone looking for a simple screen recording tool.
- Simple to use with basic screen recording tools for casual users.
- It’s available for free as a media player on Mac.
- Can simultaneously record the screen and the webcam.
- Supports video length trimming and combining multiple clips.
- Automatically scales and crops recorded videos to match the dimensions of the main video when merging files.
- The video recording and editing features are available on the pro version, charged $29.99.
- Video recording format limited to . MOV only.
- It can only record voice audio through the microphone.
- Editing does not support adding animations.
The Screeny screen recorder for Mac is a great tool to use if you want to record your screen but don’t have the budget for expensive software. It’s also an excellent way to get your hands on a powerful tool without having to spend much. The application is lightweight and launches within seconds with a click.
One of the excellent features of this screen recorder with facecam and audio is its flexibility in capturing videos of your screen. It allows you to record the entire screen, select a region with a 640x480 preset dimension, or customize the dimension.
The custom feature offers more flexibility as it allows you to set your screen capture box over the content to be recorded. This will enable you to capture sections of your screen selectively, and if you only want a photo, you only need to press your camera button.
If you want to record a video from your webcam, Screeny is also an excellent Mac application for the job. The screen recorder will upload all recorded videos to CloudApp in a folder named Screeny in a MOV format. This format allows you to edit the videos easily on your Mac.
On the downside, Screeny doesn’t offer video editing tools like most screen recording applications. It’s available for $14.99, which seems affordable for someone who wants basic screen recording.
- It offers a simple user interface that’s intuitive for basic screen recording uses.
- Screen recording capabilities are more advanced, able to record more frames within a second than QuickTime, producing the highest video quality possible.
- It’s smooth and doesn’t lag when recording instances of your screen.
- It supports webcam and screen capture, bundled with audio.
- It offers the flexibility of selecting the region to be captured.
- Ideal for tutoring and content creation for YouTube sharing.
- Denies user choosing the save location. It records and automatically uploads videos to CloudApp.
- Lacks video editing features; users can use other editors.
- Supports only one video file format, MOV.
Best 4 Online Screen Recorder With Audio And Facecam
Sometimes installing an application on your Mac or PC might not be convenient for you, especially if you need a one-time thing. In that case, a web-based screen recorder with audio and facecam can be ideal.
There are various online screen recorders with facecam and audio, but the following four are the most robust and valuable for any screen recording task.
The DemoAir online screen recorder is a robust tool for capturing videos of your screen, available for free on the web. It’s the web version of DemoCreator by Wondershare. It supports collaborative tools and can integrate with Asana, Google Classroom, Slack, Github, Trello, and Slack.
It also supports annotations to highlight areas you want to emphasize. DemoAir is more effective and ideal for online educators and tutors. It offers a simple video trimming feature to organize videos as desired.
With DemoAir, you can share an unlimited number of HD videos with your audience. As such, it’s a perfect tool for enhancing team collaboration, workability, and efficiency.
- It supports recording a specific browser tab, allowing you to display the selected areas only.
- Allows recording of desktop or independently recording the webcam only.
- Video editing capabilities with adding annotations and clip trimming supported.
- Efficient sharing and export of videos with the option to upload to Google Drive.
- It is bundled with drawing tools to help in putting emphasis.
Loom is a renowned web-based video recording and communication tool built with simplicity. It supports recording, sharing, and interaction with videos, making sharing lessons with students or project discussions with teammates easier.
The screen recorder eliminates the need to type long paragraphs to share with others. It’s more of a tool for professionals to ease their work by sharing project updates or progress in a video. The application’s web version is available as a Chrome browser extension.
The extension allows you to record your screen, webcam, and microphone instances. Once you’re done with the recording, Loom will enable you to share it on social platforms through a link.
Features of Loom online screen recorder
- It’s easy to use; users can record with a single click.
- Allows recording a section or the entire screen.
- It gives notifications when the audience views the shared video.
- Supports adding annotations when recording.
- Unlimited online storage space with simple folder organization.
- Receives frequent updates for bug fix and feature.
- Integration with Slack makes sharing easier.
- Supports simultaneous recording of webcam, screen, mic, and system audio.
- Offers cloud storage support with instant sharing.
- Includes video editing features for basic use.
- Screenshot support lacks editing features.
- Video sharing feature is bugged, not allowing smooth sharing to workspaces.
Veed.io offers a simple interface that’s easy to use and works just like a mobile app. Users can start by first signing up for an account, after which you’ll be prompted to specify where you want your videos to be saved.
Based on your response, Veed.io will offer you various tools. You can also set up a workplace to grant other users access with restricted control. Users can also add comments to videos, making it an excellent collaborative tool for teams.
The free version allows you to record your screen and the webcam and share it online. But you’re limited to uploading 50MB file size; hence video sizes are also limited. Veed.io will prompt you to install a browser extension when you want to record your screen.
The video editing feature is very user-friendly, providing basic editing options such as modifying the volume and speed of your video. Other editing features include adding subtitles, filters, elements, and transitions.
- Simple intuitive user interface.
- Supports adding subtitles to recorded videos.
- Premium version supports 4K video quality.
- Unlimited exports available for paid versions.
- The free version offers every basic video recording feature.
- Does not support 3D editing of videos.
- Selecting the time frames when editing or trimming videos is difficult.
If you’ve used browser extensions, you’ll find Screencastify easy to use and effective. Screencastify is an online screen recorder with facecam and audio, accessible through an extension on the Chrome browser. It’s efficient and ideal for use by schools, sales teams, and other office-related works.
Screencastify can create videos demo, lessons, presentations, and tutorials via Chrome. It gives you the chance to share the created videos on YouTube or upload them to Google Drive. You can also export the videos as MP4 or extract the audio as an MP3 file.
You can also make recordings of your desktop and webcam. It also offers annotation tools to add shapes, texts, and other elements while creating videos. You can also take audio narrations and infuse them with a video using the microphone.
Screencastify offers technical support, which is worth paying their subscription fee per year.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Allows recording a section of the screen as needed.
- Supports recording the desktop and webcam simultaneously.
- Record audio narrations through the mic.
- Add texts and shapes through annotation tools.
- Upload recorded videos to YouTube, save on Google Drive, or export as MP4 or MP3.
- The free version offers robust features, but video editing is available upon subscription.
- Video editing available for premium version only.
- Exporting the video takes a little longer.
- Not ideal for use with mobile devices.
Best 4 Screen Recorder for Mobile
With smartphones on the rise, there isn’t any limitation on what you can achieve with your smart device, whether Android or iOS. Taking screenshots and recording videos on your device is now taken to a notch higher with screen recorders with facecam and audio since the built-in writers are often limited.
Try out these screen recorders if you need to record HD screen videos and do more with your phone.
AZ Screen Recorder
AZ Screen Recorder is built for android (Lollipop and above) devices to upgrade screen recording to the next level. It can take screenshots, record videos, support editing, and live stream screen. It’s a superb tool for creating tutorials, recording video calls, live shows, or video games.
One great feature about it is the ability to stream your screen live on YouTube and other social platforms. It doesn’t lag and supports the smooth recording of the screen. You can also pause the video recording and resume later.
The free version of the app can do pretty much everything you could ever need from a phone screen recorder, only that it’s bundled with ads. Luckily, the ads aren’t annoying, and they often don’t interrupt any recording session. The best thing about it is that you don’t need to root your device, nor does it leave a watermark on your videos.
- Works seamlessly without rooting your smartphone.
- All features are available through free version.
- Offers annotation features.
- Support system audio recording from Android 10 and above.
- Supports livestreaming of recording session.
- Bundled with excellent video editing features, including trimming and splitting.
- Supports merging of imported videos.
- Requires premium version to remove ads.
InShot Screen Recorder
InShot Screen Recorder is an Android-based screen recorder with audio and facecam, built by InShot, a popular Google Play developer known for their video tools. The app can do pretty much any task, from recording video calls and video games to taking screenshots.
It also supports internal audio recording to let you record videos with audio. Later, you can use its lightweight video editor to spruce up the videos before sharing. The great thing about it is that it works seamlessly without lagging the device and doesn’t leave a watermark on the videos.
The free version does enough that you could ever need but shows ads, which you remove by upgrading to premium. Generally, it’s an excellent tool for social media content creators who don’t have sophisticated tools other than a quality camera phone.
- Clean, user-friendly, and easy to use interface.
- Excellendt video editing features, including splitting, trimming, aspect ratio adjustment, speed variation, flipping, etc.
- Supports adding texts and captions to videos.
- Full of excellent effects and filters including distort, glitch, style, and beats.
- Supports adding music effects to videos.
- Supports joining multiple videos into one with cool transition features between.
- Suited for basic video recording and editing.
- Doesn’t support adding multiple videos and soundtracks simultaneously.
If you’ve used Twitch to a deeper extent, you must have noted the screen recorder. Twitch streaming service also comes with support for mobile, where you can stream game sessions and then download the footage once done. This feature is similar to YouTube Gaming.
Twitch’s solution is primarily for gamers and is a notch higher than the prominent Google Play Games. But its downside is that it’s a little challenging to use it for anything else apart from gaming. But the good thing is that it’s all free, hence a great tool for gamers.
- Supports unlimited Twitch stream recording.
- Streams are recorded in 4K resolution.
- Vidoes contain no watermark.
- In-built video editor with excellent editing features including adding highights and trimming.
- Offers cloud storage with an easy sharing feature.
- Supports adding more features through widgets.
- Best suited for recording live gameplays.
- Lacks new creative features to try out.
The number of things you could do with a smartphone is almost limitless. And Vysor just proved it; it allows users to cast their devices to their computers using a USB. Then users can take screen recordings of their computers and do much, just like with a screen recorder with audio and facecam for computers.
Vysor does pretty well, although the video quality is a little disappointing for the free version. The app won’t record anything on your phone, so don’t waste much time trying to do that. As such, it’s primarily ideal for recording video meetings with colleagues. It can also record your desktop and let you export the video to your desired location.
- Great intuitive interface that’s easy to use.
- Offers a quick response and smoothness when recording.
- Best suited for recording video meetings on PC.
- Supports casting the entire android screen to a computer.
- Video quality is excellent in the pro version.
- Includes a Vysor Share feature to allow sharing videos with other people.
- The free version does not allow recording video.
- The app cannot be used independently until it’s casted to a computer.
- Lacks video editing features.
- Free version is full of ads.
We’re in the era of recording pretty much anything, and if you need a reliable screen recorder, always ensure that it can also capture the facecam and audio. That will let you create more engaging videos, especially if you’re a social media content creator or a tutor.
Regardless of the platform, you can get an intuitive screen recorder with audio and facecam for PC, Mac, and Android. Explore the options discussed above and let us know your favorite screen recorder in the comments section below.