- 1. Record your computer screen and webcam simultaneously.
- 2. Allow you to customize screen capture and frame rate .
- 3. Powerful editing tools and effects to enrich your video clips.
How to flip a video offline and online
Flipping a video is exactly what it sounds like. Your video appears as if it's been left. Your video can be flipped either vertically, or horizontally. Vertically flipped video will appear upside down, whereas a horizontally flipped video will appear as if you're viewing the video through a mirror.
Part1. Why would you want to flip your video?
There can be a few reasons for you to flip your video. you may want to flip your video to tailor the placement of objects in its view to better suit your liking.
Or maybe you just took a quick shot with your phone’s front-facing camera, and now everything’s facing the opposite way. Whatever the reason, flipping your video can be done both via online video flippers and by dedicated video editing programs.
Part2. Flipping it online vs. Flipping it offline
You can choose to flip your video online on a website, or you could choose to download dedicated software to edit your video. There are pros and cons to either method. Should you choose to flip your video online you only have to upload your video and make a few clicks and you're done with flipping your video.
If you choose to download a dedicated video editing software, however, you also have the added convenience of having multiple video editing features at hand.
This can be especially handy if you want to make other edits to your video such as trimming for special effects along with flipping your video as it provides you with multiple tools in a single window.
Part3. Best desktop video flippers
If you do choose to use offline software to flip your video, we have compiled a comprehensive list of some of the best software out there that you can use to flip your video as well as make other basic edits.
DemoCreator is a free-to-use video editing software that comes with an impressive number of editing options, as well as a built-in screen recorder and webcam recorder. Included in all of those features is a video flipping option that you can use to easily flip your video.
- Free to use
- Intuitive user interface
- Most basic and intermediate video-editing tools in a single place
- You need to download and install a separate software
- Some obscure video effects can take a second to find
- No option to directly upload your exported video to a cloud storage service
iMovie is a free video editing app included with all versions of Mac computers sold after 2003. If you want to perform basic to intermediate editing on your Apple device, this software is likely to be more than enough for you. You can easily use iMovie to flip your videos to your liking.
- Edit across different Apple devices
- Supports HD, as well as 4K video
- Vast array of editing tools such as trimming, transitions, effect, audio editing, and more
- Simple and de-cluttered user interface
- Only runs on apple devices
- Some controls can be less than intuitive
3. Microsoft Photos
Microsoft Photos is Microsoft’s built-in photo and video viewing software, but also has a built-in editor that offers most basic editing tools baked right into the application. All you need is to open your video file in the app and click the edit button. The basic editing options include filters, cropping, trimming, rotation, flipping, etc.
- Built into windows devices
- Free to use
- Comes with plenty of fun effects
- Has a built-in photo editor as well
- Only compatible with windows devices
- Lacks a few features compared to other softwares
4. Adobe® Premiere® Pro
Adobe® Premiere® Pro is a professional grade, AI powered video editor that, in addition to flipping and rotating your videos, offers immense editing capabilities for your videos, making it one of the best video editors, period. Available for both PC and Mac, this software offers a free trial period followed by a monthly fee of $20.99.
- A plethora of advanced editing features at your fingertips
- Powerful, AI driven editor
- Seamless integration with other Adobe® services
- Supports all major video formats including 8K resolution videos, as well as VR
- Relatively expensive
- Feature-dense editing environment can feel overwhelming and complicated
- Not the most beginner-friendly user experience
VLC Media Player is an open source and completely free to use media player, that also offers a healthy number of editing options. One of the most popular video players out there, with availability on nearly every platform including Windows, Mac, as well as mobile devices. Anyone can download and use it to play or edit their videos.
- Supports all major file formats for videos, as well as allowing for conversions between different formats
- All in one media player and editor
- Highly customizable
- Free to use with zero ads
- User interface can feel a little outdated
- Can be slow in video processing
Part4. Best online video flippers
Choosing to flip your video online can make things simpler and easier for you, especially if all you need to do is to flip your video and not make other edits, since it saves you the hassle of downloading and installing a dedicated software, which makes the entire experience seamless and trouble free. All you need is an internet connection and you’re good to go! Here are our top picks for online video flippers:
Fastreel is a quick and easy way to flip your video online. The website is compatible with most major browsers, so compatibility should not be an issue. There is a free version, as well as a pro version for $19.95 a month. A simple drag and drop operation allows you to flip your videos in mere seconds.
- Quick, easy, and simple one-click operation is beginner-friendly
- Supports MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, and WMV formats
- Competent file security helps protect user privacy
- Can be used for free
- Video size is capped at 500 MB
- The free version watermarks your video
- Videos are available for download only for 24 hours after editing
Animaker is another free online video editor that lets you flip your videos vertically or horizontally. It offers one-click operation for flipping your videos, as well as some other editing options such as trimming and color-correction. Animaker is free to use but there is a premium version starting from $10 per month.
- Allows videos up to 20 GB in size
- Allows sharing video directly to over 20 social media platforms
- Offers additional editing tools such as trimming, cropping, rotation, and color correction
- Easy and intuitive to use
- YouTube exports can be slow
- Can be expensive if you go for the high-tier plans
- The free version leaves something to be desired in terms of quality
Clideo is an online video editor that is different from others owing to its faster than average processing times. Clideo lets you flip your videos with just a couple clicks, as well as offering other basic editing features such as trimming, merging, resizing, and cropping. The website is free to use, although there is a premium version starting from $6 per month.
- Much quicker video processing compared to other online editors
- Supports most popular video formats such as MP4 and AVI, as well as allowing conversion between different formats
- User-friendly interface
- You need to sign up for an account to use this tool
- Free version watermarks your video
- Video size is capped in the free version
Ezgif is yet another video editing tool, ideal for flipping smaller and shorter video clips. The tool also allows for cropping and rotation of your videos. It supports most of the popular video formats.
- Supports MP4, WebM, MOV, and other formats
- Very simple and easy to use
- Completely free to use
- No watermarks
- Allows flipping, as well as rotation
- File size is capped at 100 MB
- Some formats are not supported
- Processing speed leaves something to be desired
Kapwing is an online video editing tool with a rather comprehensive set of features, suitable for both individuals as well as businesses for trimming, converting formats, flipping, cropping, and adding subtitles and captions to videos. The tool is free to use, but a premium version is available starting at $17 per month.
- No watermarks for registered users
- Offers multiple editing features
- No ads
- Beginner-friendly and easy to use
- Free version has limited features
- File size is capped at 250 MB for the free version
- Monthly plans can be expensive
Part5. How to flip your video using DemoCreator
DemoCreator is a free to use video editing software that allows you to edit various aspects of a video, as well as boasting a screen recorder function. What’s more is that a game mode, as well as a webcam recorder, is included in this free software. And of course, the software can be used to flip your videos.
If you want to edit your video to add a flipping effect, follow these steps:
Add your video to library
Click on Edit Video. This will take you to the video editing window. If you are using DemoCreator for the first time, you will be given a brief tour of the basic controls which you can skip if you’d like. To the left of the preview window will be your library window (outlined in red in the screenshot below) which will let you source the video you want to add the mirror effect to. You can choose to import a file or a folder or record one at that time. Click the plus to add a video from the media files on your computer.
Add your video to the timeline track
Once you have added the video to your media library, drag the video to the track area or the timeline area to enable editing for it.
Find and add the mirror effect
To the left of the library will be a list of icons for different editing options. Click on Effects. From effects, click and drag Mirror to the track on the timeline. https://images.wondershare.com/democreator/article/flip-video-online-offline-democreator-mirror-effect.png
Choose the orientation of the mirroring
In the window to the right of the preview window, there will be an option to choose whether you want to flip your video vertically, or horizontally. Choose your desired orientation.
Export and save your video
Click Export to export the new edited video in a format of your choice. The editor will prepare your file. Choose where you want to save the new file.
The All-in-One Screen Recorder & Video Editor
- Record desktop screen and webcam simultaneously
- Edit recorded clips quickly with a wide range of professional tools
- Built-in plentiful templates and effects
- Export to MP4, MOV, MKV, GIF and multiple formats
Flipping your video is an easy way to hold on to your viewer’s attention, allowing them to keep track of the subject with ease. There are a few tools out there that help you flip your video, both online and offline. We have gone over some of our handpicked ones.