Splitting the Long Videos for Instagram Story
“I have a long video that I want to post to Instagram. But I read somewhere that you have to split a long video for you to post it to Instagram. How do I split video for Instagram post?”
Instagram is currently the new face of instant communication worldwide. Just like other social platforms, Instagram lets you share videos and images as well as comment on other people’s posts. However, the drawback comes when you want to post a long video to complete the story. For example, a video of 20 seconds! How do you split videos for longer than 15 seconds and let others know your whole story? Well, several apps split video Instagram are available. This tutorial will highlight the best app to solve your question on “how do you split long videos on Instagram?” Once you split your video, you can easily share it to Instagram and other social media platforms without restrictions.
Part 1. The Best Tool to Split Video for Instagram Story
It is easy to split a video for Instagram if you choose the best app. Wondershare DemoCreator comes with powerful features that let you record video with a camera or Microphone. You can also use a pre-recorded video that you import from your computer and use as desired. In addition to video recording, DemoCreator lets you perform advanced editing steps like using the Green Screen, adding Annotations, Stickers, among the over 100 built-in editing resources. When it comes to split-screen video Instagram, DemoCreator works it out in simple steps. No head cracking! See it for yourself in these steps.
The Best Video Splitter & Video Editor
Steps on how to use DemoCreator to split video：
Anyone new to video editing may want to ask, "How do I split a video into multiple parts?" Even though it sounds cumbersome, the best tool makes it easy for you.
Step 1. Download and Install DemoCreator
DemoCreator supports both Windows and macOS devices. Choose your computer’s version and hit the ‘Free Download’ button. After the download, click the ‘Install’ button and initiate the process.
Step 2. Import and Drag Videos to Timeline.
If you have pre-recorded videos on your computer, just click the ‘Import Media’ button to get your video from the computer. Double-click your video or drag and drop it to the ‘Timeline’ and get ready to split video for Instagram story.
Step 3. Split Video
Then mark which part of the video you want to split. You can split your video into several parts. Go to the ‘Timeline’ and move the play head to the position you wish to split the video. Next, click the ‘Split’ button and your video would have been split into several parts.
Step 4. Save and Export
Finally, save your split video to the computer. You can now easily share it on Instagram and other platforms. However, you need to convert it to suitable formats for exporting. Click the ‘Export’ button and then hit the ‘Format tab’ at the left side of the Export Window. You can now select the output format of your choice. DemoCreator supports FLV, MOV, MKV, GIF, MP4, WMV, among other formats. When set up, click the ‘Export’ button once more to save and export to your computer. Nonetheless, you can share your video directly to Instagram without saving it to the computer.
Part 2. Splitting Video for Instagram Story on Android & iPhone
Android and iPhone are the most commonly used operating systems for smartphones. It is also vital to know how to split screen live video Instagram on your phone.
1. Story Cutter for Instagram (Android)
You can get access to numerous apps to split videos on your Android OS device. In this instance, we’ll use the ‘Story Cutter’ app. Go to the ‘Google Play’ Store on your Android and select the ‘Story Cutter for Instagram’ app. Then download and install it on your phone.
Next, launch the app on your phone. With this, you can record a new video or choose a previously recorded and saved video from your phone. To record a video, tap on the ‘Record’ button and start your story. If you wish to pull out a pre-recorded video, go to the ‘Gallery’ option and peruse through the available videos to extract the one you want to split.
- Tap the video of your choice and it will be added to the app, ready to split.
- Once your video is imported into the app, you will need to set the duration for the split. If you are on a free version, you can only go up to 10 seconds. However, you can upgrade and do longer videos on Story Cutter.
- Finally, preview your split video and go-ahead and post it on your Instagram story.
2. CutStory - story video editor (iPhone)
If you run an iOS device, CutStory should work for you and split-screen video Instagram. First, visit the ‘App Store’ on your iPhone. Then, search for the ‘CutStory for Instagram Stories’ app and install it.
- Once it has been installed, it will avail of three possible options. Choose the ‘Video’ option to carry on the video splitting action.
- Make any possible permission grants so the app can access videos from your device. Next, select the video you wish to use for the Instagram story.
- Go ahead and split the video you have just chosen. To do so, tap on the ‘Share’ icon found at the bottom-right of your device screen. Several options for splitting your video will be availed.
- Finally, you can share your split videos on Instagram. Launch the app and upload every 15-seconds part of the video. Instagram can only send a video of up to 15 seconds in length.
Part 3. Split Video for Instagram Story Online
You can also split the video for Instagram story online, so there is no need to download the software. Here we've listed out an online tool to split video, Clideo.
- Click on the ‘Blue’ button and click the ‘Choose File’ The system will redirect you to your saved files on the computer. Click on the video you want to split for Instagram Story.
- Select ‘cut from, sec’and set the timing manually in the boxes on the left side of the screen.
- Give the system some time to complete the splitting process. Once done, set the output format, save the video, and export it to Instagram or other media platforms.
Part 4. How to Edit and Enhance Your Instagram Stories Content
Remember that your Instagram story content needs to be compelling and appealing to your viewers. These tips can help you come up with stunning Instagram stories.
- Add Animation and Music
Don’t leave your story dull. You can throw in some animations and music to keep your audience entertained.
- Use Effects
Effects are good sources of enhancing any story. You can add text and graphics to your video to explain a few lines. You can also use the ‘@’ mentions to tag friends along.
- Use Natural Lighting
Just like photography, natural lighting is the best source for any sharp video. This will help you to avoid any strange shadows and give your video a professional look.
- Keep Video Length in Mind
Instagram stories only go up to 15 seconds in length of video play. You need to keep this in mind and don’t go overboard as you need to keep your stories flowing. But you can use good editing tools to split or trim your video before you post it to Instagram. Also, take good positions whether a portrait or landscape mode.
- Use Appropriate Hashtags
Don’t mix up your stories. Use the correct hashtags on your Instagram Stories to help viewers easily find your content. This could be a good idea if you are promoting a product or service.
1. Can I upload a 2-minute video to an Instagram story?
Instagram Stories only goes up to a 15-seconds limit per individual story. If your story is bigger than 15 seconds, the system will chop it into 15-second-pieces. Nonetheless, these also accommodate up to 4 pieces. So, 4 pieces in 15 seconds each gives you with only 1 minute. In this case, you will not upload a 2-minute video to Instagram story. You’ll need to separate it into 2 stories.
2. How to crop videos for Instagram story?
The Instagram app is another cool platform to crop your videos before posting them. This app has a ‘Crop’ tool that easily cuts your video and images.
- First, open the video you wish to crop.
- Then, select the ‘Edit’ > ‘Adjust’ option.
- Zoom the video so that you get a good view. Next, adjust it to how you want it to fit into the frame.
- Confirm that it is well cropped and hit the ‘Done’ option. Save it and share it to Instagram Story.