Top 10 Tools to record gameplay on Windows 11
If you are a person who wants to record gameplay then you are in the right station. Gameplay recording can be done for any reason, some of the main reasons are.
You want to record gameplay to start your career as a YouTube who is also a master in gaming and want to record gameplays so it can be added on your YouTube channel.
Now, the above point also falls in two cases, that you want to teach people the tactics and the strategies you are using in a specific game to ace the game level so that others can also learn them and appreciate your efforts and under the hood, you have just followed your passion.
Other reasons are that you want to be famous in the gaming industry. Once you start recording your gameplays it will bring a lot of benefits to you again repeating young gamers will follow your tactics and will know you as the master in the gaming region.
Gameplays can be recorded for both hobbies and for professional reasons and both are briefly described above. Now, let's talk about the gaming industry. The gaming industry around the globe is continuing to grow consistently in 2021. Up to $156bn revenue is generated this year by over 2.6 billion gamers.
The story doesn't stop here, as per the statistics reports, the market value is expected to hit $268.82 billion in 2025.
Especially, the mobile and desktop-based gamers, are making a lot of cash by just getting famous in gaming through their tactics and strategies which they show in the gameplay recordings. So, you see, how can gameplay help you in starting your career or if you have started it then take you in it at the top values of the graph.
When we look towards Windows 11, we are seeing the most advanced and feature-full operating system Microsoft has ever developed and released. Windows 11 has a lot of capabilities and features. It has also filled the gaps that previous operating systems have left due to their capabilities. Some of the main features of Windows 11 are.
- It has a mac like a user interface making it attractive and fun to use.
- The best part of Windows 11 is that it allows you to integrate android applications easily. Now, you can also play android based games on your desktop with Windows 11.
- Windows 11 also provides you with dozens of widgets that you can add to your main desktop window for your ease and shortcut.
- Windows 11 has pre-integrated and installed Microsoft teams and Xbox game stack making it best for gaming.
Is Windows 11 Good for Gaming?
The story started from Windows 8 when Microsoft added an Xbox companion application to it. Then with more operating systems, Microsoft developed, it has been adding more and more gaming functionalities and features to their operating systems.
The best thing about the Xbox companion application is that in Windows 8 Microsoft made this application to only function with gaming consoles but now in later versions of Windows, this tradition was abdicated, and playing with desktop components was allowed in Xbox application in Windows.
When Windows 10 was released it gave gamers a lot of treats as the operating system has dozens of gaming features and not only this, Windows 10 settings page is dedicated to game settings that run on the operating system. These settings include Game Bar, captures, broadcasting, etc. Now, in Windows 11, Microsoft has added three best features that add efficiency in gaming in Windows 11.
The features are.
HDR abbreviated for High Dynamic Range is added in Windows 11 for making the game experience more dazzling. If the game you are playing in Windows 11 is based on SDR then, the machine learning models added in Windows 11 for gaming will convert those SDRs into HDR hence, making you play games with more vibrant and attractive colors.
In the past versions of Windows, the APIs send the compressed game data to the RAM for storing it there temporarily so that it can be sent to the CPU for decompressing. After decompressing, this game data is again sent back to the RAM to pass it to the GPU for the rendering of the game to the user. This methodology consumes both CPU and GPU power.
But, now, in Windows 11, Microsoft introduces the Direct Storage features that make the API allow the GPU to load data directly from the SSD. In this feature, GPU processes and decompresses the gaming data by itself by ignoring the need for CPU processing.
Pre-integrated Xbox App
In Windows 10, you have to manually install the Xbox application companion from the Microsoft store. In Windows 11, the Xbox companion application is built-in giving users a big catalog of video games. All the games running on the Xbox companion app in Windows 11 are integrated with the Xbox gaming cloud.
Some issue may occur for Windows 11 gameplay
As every coin has two sides, the story goes the same with gaming in Windows 11. There are multiple issues being reported while playing video games in Windows 11. After deep searching the root cause of these issues, the researchers have found the main cause is AMD processors performance issues in Windows 11.
This is the biggest issue the AMD Ryzen users are facing currently. In a deeper view, compared to Windows 10, L3 cache latencies are heavily increased in Windows 11 making performance issues while gaming in Windows 11.
Some other issues are also arising in AMD's "preferred core" feature but, Microsoft is working on this issue quickly and soon the patch will be released for these bugs in Windows 11.
Still, Microsoft Claims it is the best Windows Ever for Gaming
According to Microsoft, Windows 11 is heaven for gamers. As Windows 11 was released, Microsoft also announced the operating system’s gaming abilities and rendered it efficiently. As mentioned above, Microsoft has added auto HDR capabilities in Windows 11.
Auto HDR feature automatically adds High Dynamic Range on the games that were previously built on Standard Dynamic Range (SDR).
Auto HDR allows you to play games with high brightness, with more rich and vibrant colors, adding extra depth to video and image. This feature gives you the best gaming experience. The other feature that Microsoft is proud of is ignoring the need for CPU processing and power while playing games.
The APIs in Windows 11 allow the GPU to process and decompress the gaming data by directly fetching it from the SSD and removing the ritual of putting the game data in RAM for some time so that it can be processed in the CPU. Hence, this feature saves you a lot of power.
Top 10 Tools to Record Gameplay on Windows 11
We have now talked a lot about the Windows 11 features, gaming capabilities and efficieciences. And now is the time to talk about the best softwares that you can use for your gameplay and stand at the highest peak in the gaming region. In this section, we will tell you the top best gameplay recording softwares.
DemoCreator ,developed by Wondershare, is the powerful video editor and recording software that is used by thousands of people daily for making tutorials, editing videos, recording gameplays, freelancers, youtubers, and every other person. The software is packaged with hundreds of video editing and screen recording tools which makes industrial experts highly recommend it.
The best thing about the software is that it has a complete user tutorial despite the software being very easy to use. DemoCreator screen recorder is supported for game recording and that is why it has a separate mode for gameplay recordings. Below is way of how to record games in DemoCreator.
How to record games with DemoCreator
- Download and install the software on your desktop and then launch it.
- Choose the screen recorder option from the main window.
- Choose the capture area, system audio, microphone and webcam.
- Choose the game you want to record.
- After these settings, click on continue and then the red button to start recording your screen.
- DemoCreator basic cut option also provides an option, through which you can cut the screen and record only the part of the screen you want.
- DemoCreator also has more than five hundred video resource packs through which you can further groom your videos by editing them.
- In the last, after recording, hit the same red button to stop recording and then set the resolutions in which you want to save it or export to YouTube.
- DemoCreator allows you to add a highlighter and magnify the part of the screen you want.
- You can easily upload your videos with multiple resolution options on various social media platforms.
- You can also record fast-paced games efficiently as the application recording rate is 120 fps.
- You can control the speed of your recording and fade in and out easily.
- DemoCreator has the best user guide.
- The application is very easy to use.
- Specifically developed for video recordings and editing.
- Some of the advanced features are not free to use.
- Monthly plan is for 9.99$ per month.
- Annual plan is for 39.99$ per year.
- Perpetual plan is for 59.99$.
Windows gamebar also allows you to record games with its recording feature. If you are playing games on Windows 10 or 11 rather than on Mac or Linux then you can efficiently record your games with Xbox Game Bar. The application provides you the professional game streaming options too. Not only game recording, but you can also capture the screenshots with Game Bar.
Record games with Xbox Game Bar
If the game bar is not installed on your Windows 10 install it from the Microsoft store. Windows 11 users have Game Bar already installed.
- Go to the Windows settings.
- On the settings menu go to the gaming
- And then check the Xbox game bar.
- Now, press the Windows + G to launch the game bar after you have launched the game video.
- Now, you have to click on the record button to officially start the recording.
- Then to stop recording, click on the square button named stop.
- If you are playing a full-screen PC game, then press the Windows key + Alt + G to start recording.
- In the capture section, you can access your videos from the videos
- With the Xbox Game Bar, you can record and capture your screen easily.
- The application provides you with all the settings like cutting, recording a specific part, etc.
- You can set the audio and video settings.
- Save the video in the best resolutions.
- Auto HDR.
- No CPU consumption.
- The application is completely free to use.
- Has the best user-friendly screen.
- Lightweight and pre-installed.
- Integrated with Xbox cloud.
- Some of the features are still not there as compared to other video editing software.
- Completely free for Windows users.
Microsoft Powerpoint is a slide and presentation-making software. It is out of normal that you have to record games with it. But still, PowerPoint provides you the option to record your screen. If you have no other option left then you can utilize it.
How to record games with Powerpoint
- All you have to do is to open the PowerPoint and then a new file.
- In the Insert menu, you will see the screen recording option.
- Launch your game.
- After selecting the screen recording option, another option will appear.
- Select where you want to record.
- Click on the red recording button.
- The recording will start. To stop click Windows + Shift + Q.
- To save, right-click on the PowerPoint slide and then save the media.
- The application has no other difficult setting to record the video.
- You can easily save your recording by just right-clicking it.
- Powerpoint is easy to use.
- Not free to use.
- There are no other video editing features that other software contain.
- You have to subscribe to Microsoft 365.
- 8$ per year.
Open Broadcaster Software or OBS studio is an open-source screen recording and video editing software that is completely free and its source code file is available on Github. The application performs all the screen recording functionalities efficiently. Not only screen recording but you can also do live streaming with OBS studio.
The application can be downloaded easily on Windows, Linux, and on Mac operating systems.
How to record with Open Broadcaster Software (OBS Studio)
- Download and install the application.
- Navigate to the screen recording button.
- Click on the start recording after launching your game window.
- Before recording, you can also set the recording settings.
- Click on the stop recording to stop your recording.
- OBS studio provides you with high and efficient performance with real-time audio and video recording and capturing. You can also create scenes made up of multiple sources like captures, texts, stickers, etc.
- Via custom transitions, you can switch between multiple scenes simultaneously and can have as many scenes as you want.
- noise gate, noise suppression, gain, and other voice and audio recording settings.
- Easy configurations.
- The modular DOCK UI available on OBS studio makes you rearrange the layout.
- OBS Studio allows you to select from a number of multiple transitions and makes you add your own stinger video files.
- For every function of OBS studio, you can set a shortcut key.
- OBS studio mode lets you preview your recording and capturing.
- With multiview, you can get a high-level view of your production.
- There are still many features that are lacking in OBS studio.
- OBS Studio is completely free to use.
ApowerREC is the best recording option that you can use for recording gameplays. The software has all the features and tools that you can use to record your gameplays easily and upload them on any social media platform. You can download it on Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and on IOS too.
How to record gameplay with ApowerREC
- All you have to do is just download and install the application.
- Launch the application on your desktop and also open your game window.
- After opening ApowerREC click on the screen recording option.
- Start your recording
- The application can record both your screen and audio both.
- You can also record your webcam recording.
- You can add texts, annotations, stickers, effects with the application editing features.
- You can also trim, cut, crop your video and can also add your watermark.
- With its task recording option, you can schedule your recordings too.
- You can also record in zoom mode too.
- ApowerREC also has a spotlight recording feature.
- Not free to use for advanced features
- Lifetime plan is for 69.95$.
- Annual plan is for 39.95$.
- Monthly plan is for 19.95$.
You can also record your gameplay with a cyberlink screen recorder. THe software also allows you to stream live. The software is so easy to use and has all the features to edit your recordings.
How to record gameplay with Cyberlink
- Download and install the application.
- Launch the application and also open your game.
- Go to the game recording option and start recording.
- Separate option and setting for game recording.
- You can do multi-streams with CyberLink.
- Integrate your webcam in your live streams.
- Edit your recording with the software's most dazzling editing tool.
- The software is completely free to use.
- You can record from your connected device too.
- The software also provides you with real-time audio and video previews.
- Not free to use.
- The price is 34.994$.
With an icecream screen recorder, you can easily record your entire screen, specific part of the screen or you can also capture a screenshot with this application.
How to record screen from Icecream screen recorder
- Download the application and launch it.
- From the main window, click on the game capture.
- Set the screen size and then start recording.
- You can easily record the screen or any part of the screen.
- Record audio and adjust its settings.
- You can also annotate.
- Record your webinars.
- Also record your webcams
- The application is easy to use.
- Has all the video editing features.
- Application has no cons.
- For advanced features, you have to pay 49.5$.
Action is specifically developed for the gameplay recordings To record the gameplay from Action follows the steps below.
- Download the application.
- Open the main window.
- And then click on the video capturing.
- You can record up to 240fps.
- Capture or record in 4k quality.
- You can also monitor your recording and captures.
- Easy to use application.
- Specially developed for gaming and streaming purposes.
- As relates to the gaming features, the application has no cons.
The application is not free to use for some advanced features.
Xsplit Gamecaster is also developed for recording gameplays and contains all the tools that a gamer requires while recording gameplays.
How to record with XSplit
- Download the application and launch it.
- Navigate to the screen recording option and start your recording.
- Record game plays easily.
- You can also record webinars.
- Has a powerful video editing tool.
- The application is easy to use.
- Not free to use.
The price option ranges from 30$ to 60$
The application also requires hardware that is made for it by Nvidia. The application produces the best outcomes in terms of gameplay recording.
How to use
You just have to download the drivers and application and then open the main window and follow the guide to record.
- Like the Xbox game, this software is also developed only for gaming purposes.
- It has all the features that you will need during recording your gameplay.
- Easy to use and is only for gaming and streaming.
- Hardware is expensive as you have to download the drivers too.
The price is not specified.
FAQ about Windows 11 game recording
Q1_What's important for recording gameplay on Windows 11?
The important things that Microsoft has provided you with playing games in Windows 11 are frame rates, no CPU power consumption. The other thing that should be noted is that you can record directly to MP4 video format. Some other things that also include are microphone, audio, commentary, and webcams support.
Q2_How to record a gameplay stream video easily on Windows 11?
You can use DemoCreator for game recording because it has the best gameplay mode and the settings related to it to record your best videos. You can also add multiple game resources as thumbnails too.
Q3_How to make thumbnails for your videos?
From your gameplay recording, add it to DemoCreator by importing it. Your video will appear on the project panel. From the project panel, you can drag it to the timeline. The thumbnail should be small so you have to cut your video.
At the time right-click your video and then cut it to the frame you want your thumbnail to be. You can add annotations, transitions, texts to your video by navigating to the most left vertical bar on the screen.
Now, you have a bunch of options. If you want to record the gameplay up to 120 Fame rate and export to the resolution Full HD 1920*1080 or directly upload to YouTube. DemoCreator will be a great option. DemoCreator also comes with abundant text animation, motion effects,s and fun stickers for you to add to your videos.